• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Giroud is kind of the symbol of our stagnant period as a club. Settling and refusing to be ruthless and improve. Giroud still has something to offer but moving him on, along with shipping actual deadwood, would allow us to move on as a club to something new. Sacrifices need to be made for change.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Giroud is kind of the symbol of our stagnant period as a club. Settling and refusing to be ruthless and improve. Giroud still has something to offer but moving him on, along with shipping actual deadwood, would allow us to move on as a club to something new. Sacrifices need to be made for change.

Giroud is a very good striker being hopelessly misused by a tactically negligent manager and unfairly lambasted by ignorant supporters.
If we did manage to get an elite striker he would be one of the best backup strikers in Europe, better than Alcacer at Barca for example.

Theo Walcott on 140k is the symbol you're looking for, huge rewards for absolute mediocrity.
Ditto if Ramsey is getting a big pay rise, there is no pressure on them to perform, no fear of failure.
They aren't like Keane or Vieira, they aren't born with that self pride/motivation they need to be pushed and Wenger won't do it, he is extremely reluctant to drop them and he won't sell them because to do so would be admitting he's wasted most of the last decade.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Giroud actually worked very hard. He may appear static but according to statistics, Giroud ran more than Walcott in many matches or even Sanchez. Giroud has also scored lots of crucial late goals which on the other hand, Walcott has never scored a late important goal this season.

Of course, Arsenal needs to move past these two strikers now. Every teams in EPL already know their styles of play so Arsenal probably need to inject more creativity upfront.

Apollian

Giroud is a very good striker being hopelessly misused by a tactically negligent manager and unfairly lambasted by ignorant supporters.
If we did manage to get an elite striker he would be one of the best backup strikers in Europe, better than Alcacer at Barca for example.

Theo Walcott on 140k is the symbol you're looking for, huge rewards for absolute mediocrity.
Ditto if Ramsey is getting a big pay rise, there is no pressure on them to perform, no fear of failure.
They aren't like Keane or Vieira, they aren't born with that self pride/motivation they need to be pushed and Wenger won't do it, he is extremely reluctant to drop them and he won't sell them because to do so would be admitting he's wasted most of the last decade.

What a joke. 140k per week for 19 goals, and Walcott didn't even start the last 10 games. Meaning with his hot streak he could of scored closer to 25.
It's fans like you that have poured a lack of support for the player over the years. How much will that kinda production cost you in Europe? How many teams are openly selling wingers that produce that amount of goals?
Some Arsenal fans just don't get it. And you know what, Im ok with that. I SUPPORT PRODUCTION ON THE FIELD, even if some of our fans don't.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
What a joke. 140k per week for 19 goals, and Walcott didn't even start the last 10 games. Meaning with his hot streak he could of scored closer to 25.
It's fans like you that have poured a lack of support for the player over the years. How much will that kinda production cost you in Europe? How many teams are openly selling wingers that produce that amount of goals?
Some Arsenal fans just don't get it. And you know what, Im ok with that. I SUPPORT PRODUCTION ON THE FIELD, even if some of our fans don't.
... Misread post. Ignore this.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Show me who is scoring more than he is minus penalties. Cavani and nobody else. In 2014-2015 when Lacazette won the golden boot Zlatan finished with 19 league goals. 8 of them were from penalties. Now please tell me how sh*t Zlatan was in France. In 2013-14 Zlatan had 26 league goals. 7 from penalties. I invite you again to tell me how sh*t Zlatan was for PSG.

Lacazette has a very strong mind and he always look to score, even penalties. Lacazette is likely to become a leader if he comes to Arsenal, someone Arsenal needs since most players aren't leader-material.

Even if mbappe comes, he will take a few years to mature and become a leader on the pitch.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
I watched Lyon a lot last season and its amazing how many goals Lacazette scores because they dont create that many chances, if he was at Monaco or PSG hed have got 50 goals +, they are a bang average team Lyon, even we create loads more.
I always wondered how many goals Ian Wright would have got for us had he played his peak years under Wenger, he used to score 30 a season feeding on scraps, Lacazette would be the closest player weve had since Wright, in style, and I think he ll be prolific in the premier league, I really do hope we dont spend 2 months messing about, just get it done.
Shame we didnt sign him a year earlier, would love to see him and Sanchez in the same front line.

I made a statement and put the facts out there to support it. They speak for themselves. If you want to interpret them any way you want, nothing I can do about it. If you want more sources, now in French.
http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/...et-aimerait-jouer-avec-lacazette-1167031.html
https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Act...andre-lacazette-a-l-atletico-de-madrid/748671
http://www.eurosport.fr/football/li...e-lacazette.-ou-cavani_sto6170304/story.shtml

I put facts and declarations too. I add a "ugly truth" that everybody lies about mercato stuff. All players do that, tell they don't want to leave, they love their clubs and so on... and 3 weeks later they're gone. That's a fact too

You're no naive enough to believe all the bullshits told during mercato period. The reality is that ManU wanted Giezmann and wo the ban he would have leave

Believing that lacaz and Griez would have played together is believing in unicorns

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
For now Aulas try to jack up Laca price?

€60 m is a way too much, imo.

From SSN
"We are talking about 50m to 60m euros [£44m-£53m], Arsenal are ready to pay for Lacazette. It will have to be at least that.

"Everyone knows that Atletico's offer is 53m euros plus 12m bonus. That's 65m euros [£57m]. As the leaders of Arsenal are well informed, they will be in those waters.

"But frankly I have not thought about Arsenal for the moment. I thought Alexandre would stay because of the failure, initially, with Atletico Madrid."

Lacazette has a very strong mind and he always look to score, even penalties. Lacazette is likely to become a leader if he comes to Arsenal, someone Arsenal needs since most players aren't leader-material.

Even if mbappe comes, he will take a few years to mature and become a leader on the pitch.

He will be a leader in act but not a leader in word. He's a bit introverted, doesn't speak a lot but has charisma, isn't afraid of taking responsibilities, is a leader by example

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
For now Aulas try to jack up Laca price?

€60 m is a way too much, imo.

From SSN
I think our bid is 50M plus add ons, it's all on Laca hands Aulas seem resigned by losing Laca it up to Laca now to chose us or wait until January to move to A.Madrid.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
9 years before Giroud signed.
1303010929fc414109d0015954.jpg

4 years since Giroud signed;

14020379767_68f6571a7d_o.gif
Arsenal+v+Hull+City+FA+Cup+Final+mGxxEb6UJBfl.jpg

2934F9D300000578-3103833-image-a-137_1433010610845.jpg

Aston+Villa+v+Arsenal+FA+Cup+Final+rVI_LBD5zOVl.jpg

0GT6b7tMym

TELEMMGLPICT000130231297-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqaBJSHwufYM_Fh0ArUj1hen6jm8JmtdbOYDNXtsUnvuU.jpeg

The big man (+Rambo & Alexis) has won more trophies for this club than any other Arsenal player in our squad right now. If he represents our 'stagnant period' then what do them other 21 phuckers signify??

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Aren't Atleti going to buy Costa back? Why would you spend 60M on Laca if you can buy Diego for the same amount of money?

carlito'sway

Established Member
I think our bid is 50M plus add ons, it's all on Laca hands Aulas seem resigned by losing Laca it up to Laca now to chose us or wait until January to move to A.Madrid.

Don't underestimate Aulas, he will push this all the way to the end to get his 60 to 65 M Euros. He is a master in that regard.

Wilshere's Right

Giroud is an odd one.

I get that he's not the elite striker that we want leading the line and following on from fantastic strikers like Wright, Henry, Anelka and RvP he's not in that class. But he's not supposed to be, he's more of a supporting striker a la Wiltord, Kanu.

Giroud excels in bringing others into play, holding up the ball in the opposition half to allow the wingers to come in. That's what he's great at but he's been tasked (unfairly) with being an Henry when he should have been a Wiltord (and a very good one).

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

0GT6b7tMym

TELEMMGLPICT000130231297-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqaBJSHwufYM_Fh0ArUj1hen6jm8JmtdbOYDNXtsUnvuU.jpeg

The big man (+Rambo & Alexis) has won more trophies for this club than any other Arsenal player in our squad right now. If he represents our 'stagnant period' then what do them other 21 phuckers signify??

He does though. Not because he is bad but because we never signed a striker that could win us a big trophy and the FA Cup wins dont change that. Be great if he is okay as a number two but if we have to sell to bring in a next level striker then so be it.

My point was we never reached a high enough level since he became a first 11 player for us in large because league winners have better strikers.

Saikung

0GT6b7tMym

Dont get me wrong, Giroud is a decent striker. But remember when they won the first fa cup with Giroud everyone was saying it is time for Arsenal to step up?

What happened the following season? Another FA Cup. Ok fine, another Fa cup trophy.

Time to step up again. What happened the following season?.....You get my point.

Are you satisfied with only FA Cups? What about League and Champions League....or Euro league.

Can Giroud be effective as a starter for the entire season?

I guess I just want more and being too greedy....

And yes i believe Giroud as a starter, is a player stagnating the club for bigger trophies. He needs help, clearly Arsenal dont play to his strength, Arsenal needs a much more mobile striker.

I hope Lacazette or Mbappe or whoever comes can be the answer at the front to how Arsenal plays.

Token Yank

Giroud is the perfect back up striker. Anyone who doesn't want him in that back up role is clueless. There is just one problem, these isn't FM or FIFA, these players are actually human beings. Giroud won't stay here as backup and he is not good enough to be #1, so in the interest of both parties he should be moved on.

nicky47

Established Member
Simple for me, I want Mbappe, and if we can't get him, then I want Lacazette. And I don't want Giroud going anywhere.

Tricky situation having/going for these French strikers with a World Cup around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom