• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latymer

Well done to the club for pulling this off credit where credits due. Still wish Wenger had gone but this really is a huge signing. Last year he got 28 goals in 30 league appearances FFS

Reckon hes gonna tear the prem apart cant ****ing wait til next season

In his interview , there was a question about efficiency in front of goal where he says I try hard to train to make the right decision to either shoot or pass to a teammate. I think we will be seeing contribution in goals + assists. probably 20 goals and 10 assists is a reasonable expectation ?

Last edited:

Axel9090

Hes also never had players like Özil and Sanchez around him. He will perform to the best of his ability playing along side them.

Also people say he doesnt get into the France NT, but doesnt necessarily mean he'd be **** in there, he just hasnt been given a regular chance upfront. Its not necessarily down to ability, maybe the coach just doesnt like him on a personal level. I refuse to believe a player scoring 20+ goals every season doesnt get into a national team even on the bench because he is rubbish.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
It surely has a reason, that he don't get a shirt number yet.

1. Option: Perez 9 -> Lacazette
2. Wilshere 10 -> Özil 11 -> Lacazette

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

CRyeZ42WIAEJINL.png

Personal touch always helps.

Last edited:

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
Now if financial is at minor problem, Arsenal should buy an older striker like Benzema or Cavani and challenge for title, not top 4.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Finally, he's no longer a player I want us to sign.
It's done, he's an Arsenal player now, we are behaving like a big club this summer and it feels great.

FinnGooner

Established Member
It's misguided thinking that Lacazette is behind Giroud in pecking order regarding France NT. The way Deschamps has France playing, there is always a target man on he pitch. It's either Giroud or Gignac. Lacazette is basically competing with Griezmann for a spot. Also, it's easier to get into the NT if you play in PL or La Liga because they are considered to be better in terms of quality than Ligue 1. Now that Laca is at Arsenal, he'll have a better shot to take his place under Deschamps. Giroud didn't have many appearances in the French NT before he joined us but ever since he's been at least in the squad.

I think Laca has potential to be 25+ goal scorer. We pretty much know Giroud's upper limit is around 18. Giroud is a good option to have but Laca will definitely make us more dangerous. Now let's get rid of some players, keep Alexis and bring in a midfielder to play with Xhaka (Cazorla type) and we're good to go

Kiwi-Gooner

Looking at Giroud's goal record for Montpellier, he scored 14 in 43 and 25 in 42 in the two seasons preceding his move here. In contrast, Lacazette has scored 31 in 40, 23 in 44, and 37 in 45.

One could also argue that Ligue 1 has become more competitive in the time since Giroud's arrival, with Monaco and PSG's improvement, and teams like Nice and OM playing well too.

With the improved service Lacazette will get here, I have no doubt that he'll at the very least be seen as a very decent upgrade over Giroud, and there's also the prospect of him raising his game to another level under Wenger's tutelage. From what I have seen he also offers just as much during the build up as Giroud does, so we won't be losing anything in that area.

TH14

Henry scored 175 PL goals with 23 PKs

Ive never seen a striker be slated for scoring too many PKs it's just weird

It doesn't make any sense. Why is it a bad thing to be a great penalty taker? I don't care if Lacazette scores 70 yard screamers, bicycle kicks, scorpion goals or penalties. As long as he scores goals.

kopzilla

Always Negative
LACA!...Is he the French Welbeck?.....hope he knows where the goal is...don't hit the post!

Anyways..Welcome and Best of Luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom