• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Some of you guys should stop overrating the BPL so much, acting like it's all prime maldini's and cannavaro's walking around here. So many joke defenses and defenders walking around here, sick of this bias.
That's not exactly the issue though is it? Thing is, in epl those joke defences get away with far more, especially if the receiving end is arsenal and the lad is British.

That's not to mention that 90% of epl managers seem to have wenger's number.

Come to think of it, speaking of joke defences, we are hilarious ourselves

ThlRama

Player:Saka
At this point, I'm not even sure whether the PL is better than Ligue 1 at all, but yeah, keep on the stereotypes. Monaco and PSG must be total trash after all compared to the top 6 in England, am I right?

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Guys you probably want to put your ego to one side and actually read what likemusic is saying.

I fully agree with him - you're buying attributes and quality, not a few goals he scored in the past.
Yea the guy actually makes a very good point, sadly the tldr generation cannot see further than their preconceptions

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yea the guy actually makes a very good point, sadly the tldr generation cannot see further than their preconceptions

I know what he's talking about. He basically believes Lacazette's performances shouldn't be taken seriously because according to him, he's playing in an inferior league, so his attributes like good finishing or his general play is not going to be as effective in the PL because the opposition is better. I'm still calling bull on that.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That's not exactly the issue though is it? Thing is, in epl those joke defences get away with far more, especially if the receiving end is arsenal and the lad is British.

That's not to mention that 90% of epl managers seem to have wenger's number.

Come to think of it, speaking of joke defences, we are hilarious ourselves
How is it not the issue? Perhaps I should have quoted, it was aimed at the new guy earlier. He's painting a picture where the BPL defenders/keepers are way superior to the Ligue 1's. I'm just pointing out that the defenders in England aren't all that either, evidence being the many, many goalfest games. He measured Lacazette's quality by putting the level of ligue 1 way below the BPL (for example by saying that he should have cost half the money). I dispute there being that large a gap.

zhaggy

Very pleased with this signing.
And if under achievers such as walcott is staying i hope that lacazette serves as a catalyst for him to step up.

say yes

forum master baiter
What do people think about the idea of playing him next to Giroud in a partnership, analagous to France's setup at the euros? I feel like it would work better with Lacazette than with Sanchez since communication between Sanchez and Giroud was never good. Might also elevate Oli G's form to his level for the national team.

Giroud lovers just can't drop it :lol:

Yato

I think we should call this trio,

ÖLA

And when we score, there goes the " Olaaaaaa! "

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Sounds so redundant but it really is all about getting shots at this level.

Any premier league striker (except Jozy Altidore) knows how to put the ball in the net.
Harry Kane is a perfect example. Sp**s set up to use him as a pure marksman and he delivers because he takes so many shots.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I'd like to see at least 4+ shots per 90 from Lacazette. Statistically he's one of the most accurate shooters in Europe and - even excluding penalties - boasts a more than respectable onversion rate - and that's only taking just above 3 shots per 90. If he can get that above 4 at Arsenal, I have a feeling he can definitely get 20+ here. The best strikers take the most shots and get into position to take them regularly.

This is Welbeck's major problem most of the time. Doesn't get into enough shooting positions, and even then he's not the greatest converter. Lacazette should offset that IMO.

While studying him and trying to find his weak points I've come to look at this as well, which is why I'm not particularly impressed by the high conversation rate stuff. The guy knows how to put it in the back of the net, no doubt. But he actually only averages 2,8 shots pr. game. which is kind of low for the main man. In tight games where he won't have much space he'll find it hard to get shots from good positions, so it's interesting to see how he'll cope in those games - it's not like he doesn't have a good long shot and can't create for himself, he can, but whether he has it to the desired level is the question. If he can do that, we have a monster in our hands.

YaGunnersYa

Many goals do people think he will get in the league in his 1st season?

Of course it depends if we keep Özil and that little **** Alexis, but I think he will get 19 league goals. Will take some time to really grow in confidence but getting a good pre-season will be great for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom