• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sydney FC v Arsenal | 11.00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Saw the highlights and As usual Theo had a stinker. Also, Welbeck needs to do something about his finishing. He's atrocious in front of the goal and for a CF that's not a good thing. Özil looked really frustrated with these two at times. I can't blame him though.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Saw the highlights and As usual Theo had a stinker. Also, Welbeck needs to do something about his finishing. He's atrocious in front of the goal and for a CF that's not a good thing. Özil looked really frustrated with these two at times. I can't blame him though.

Welbeck has always been like that, he cant improve now. Theo too really, neither are suddenly going to be top players. We'll probably have no choice but to keep them as squad players but please Wenger, don't ever give them a new contract.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Welbeck has always been like that, he cant improve now. Theo too really, neither are suddenly going to be top players. We'll probably have no choice but to keep them as squad players but please Wenger, don't ever give them a new contract.
From tonight I'm gonna have recurring nightmares of us being forced to play with Welbeck as our striker because Laca is injured and we've sold Alexis and Giroud.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
How did Nelson go? Heard on the commentary that he was quite good in the first half

He was great, very comfortable on the ball, very impressive. Wenger has said he and AMN will be involved this season. All the youngsters looked good actually but Nelson stood out.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Welbeck although not prolific is still a very good squad player. His workrate and hold up play is exceptional. Yes...he is the Hleb of strikers.

Walcott is always decent to have around as an impact bench player. The guy is one of our best finishers.

I feel people are too quick to write off current players for shiny new signings.

Example...I keep on hearing that Xhaka is undroppable and is levels above Ramsey. This is false.
If you put both players up for sale...Ramsey would command the giant transfer fee.

Brammal, Willock, and Nelson impressed me greatly by the way. I wish we start bring our youngsters through...we have abandoned this philoshphy lately.

Brown Gooner

Welbeck although not prolific is still a very good squad player. His workrate and hold up play is exceptional. Yes...he is the Hleb of strikers.

Walcott is always decent to have around as an impact bench player. The guy is one of our best finishers.

I feel people are too quick to write off current players for shiny new signings.

Example...I keep on hearing that Xhaka is undroppable and is levels above Ramsey. This is false.
If you put both players up for sale...Ramsey would command the giant transfer fee.

Brammal, Willock, and Nelson impressed me greatly by the way. I wish we start bring our youngsters through...we have abandoned this philoshphy lately.

Are you serious? I've never seen Walcott come off the bench and score game changing goals for us. Giroud on the contrary has time and again delivered. Even in that 3-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge last season (a game Theo had started and was invisible in until he got substituted) Giroud came on and scored. There are many more instances where you'll find that Giroud is a much more effective option coming off the bench than Walcott.

We already have Danny to stretch opposition defense with his pace.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

You think a "shiny new signing" is what people are basing their views of Walcott and Welbeck on? How about we've watched these pair play for a while now, they're far from good enough.

Their good days come to few and far between for me. Which is to be expected from mediocre footballers I suppose. Walcott has been here over a decade and is seemingly going backwards. Welbeck.. I never wanted him here to begin with.

Yes, they have their uses, but the fact of the matter is having both of them here hampers us massively. These guys made Sydney FC's defence look top notch at times :lol:. One of the best things about the Lacazette signing is it pushes these pair further down the pecking order. Giroud is ahead of both.

**** knows what you're getting at with that Xhaka and Ramsey comparison. For one, I've barely seen them compared directly- if at all. And two, you're acting as if transfer fees are always indicative of a player's ability. John Stones cost £50M.

Brown Gooner

You think a "shiny new signing" is what people are basing their views of Walcott and Welbeck on? How about we've watched these pair play for a while now, they're far from good enough.

Their good days come to few and far between for me. Which is to be expected from mediocre footballers I suppose. Walcott has been here over a decade and is seemingly going backwards. Welbeck.. I never wanted him here to begin with.

Yes, they have their uses, but the fact of the matter is having both of them here hampers us massively. These guys made Sydney FC's defence look top notch at times :lol:. One of the best things about the Lacazette signing is it pushes these pair further down the pecking order. Giroud is ahead of both.

**** knows what you're getting at with that Xhaka and Ramsey comparison. For one, I've barely seen them compared directly- if at all. And two, you're acting as if transfer fees are always indicative of a player's ability. John Stones cost £50M.
Correct! The only reason Arsenal needed the "shiny new signing" is because guys like Theo and Welbeck fail to deliver for us in front of goal. Walcott has been failing for more than 10 years now!

Also lol at that transfer fee argument. Bayern have got James Rodriguez for cheap and they paid €25m for Alcantara. Meanwhile Everton is asking £40m for Barkley. Real Madrid paid €30m for Toni Kroos and see how much United paid for Pogba. It's a very weak argument.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Lets not get a head of ourselves. This Sydney FC team just made Coquelin look world class. Perspective.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Shame Alexis isnt on tour, lots of good squad bonding going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom