• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanterMan

Am i being a gullable fool? Please tell me if i am being a deluded arsenal fan like evey other year but i feel like arsenal and Arséne are approaching everything different this year.[/QUOTE]

No. I am a firm believer we have changed as well. The Alexis Sanchez and Lemar situation will show if we have changed at all. I see Lacazette as the one big edition of the summer (like Sanchez and Özil were). Signing Lemar and Sanchez to a new deal shows a different hunger. I personally think Özil is already tied down. Just the other two

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I completely agree.. but somehow every year after all the dissapointment i come back hoping things will change. As much as i didnt want is to finish out of the 4 this year i saw the silver lining of it.

I may be a stupid arsenal hopeful but things seem different this year, we've signed laca with over a month left in the window ffs.. we have ivan gazidis saying to fans that they are trying to sign lemar ffs. Lemar is a player who no one really knew before this year and we could potentially get close to or even break our transfer record on signing him. To top it all off we have wenger saying that alexis will honour his contract multiple times.. thats another £50 million.

Am i being a gullable fool? Please tell me if i am being a deluded arsenal fan like evey other year but i feel like arsenal and Arséne are approaching everything different this year.
They've been forced to get off their arses to try and do things differently. It's a shame we had to come to this point for them to act. As an Arsenal I don't demand trophies from the club but I certainly want them to give it their best shot. And the last 5 or 6 years we've held back and ignored areas of the club that needed fixing, and it's not that they weren't fixable. I'm still not 100% sold by everything, cause there are still plenty of work to be done. The Alexis situation is a big part of that and selling him to a rival this summer would be the straw that break's the camel's back.

WizardOfAus

I could see him going to PSG. They have the potential and motivation to do well in the Champions League. That's basically the only goal they have right now because the french league will likely be theirs again if they get their act together.

However, this is an opportunity to show the club's strength for once. I always admired Dortmund for sticking the finger to Bayern and keeping Lewandowski for the last year of his contract..

EDIT: If we keep Alexis, add one more quality player and say **** it to the Europa League and domestic cups, then we could very well win the league and get Alexis to sign.

The edit! Exactly my point in previous post!

In order for us to become great again we need to learn from our past mistakes and take note of positive actions taken by other great clubs.

- Sign players early
- Sell players who dont hit it. They might excel somewhere else but thats not something you can wait for to be great. A perfect example of this mistake being made is us hanging on to theo for his potential. A perfect example of a club not holding out for a player is barcalena selling alexis.. sold him and bought
Suarez. He was good and had potential but they wanted greatness then. We have too many "maybe hell be good" players. If OX wants to go we should sell him and buy mahrez. Look at chelsea, theyve just won the league and they are selling costa and pursuing PEA...

Learn arsenal!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm glad we've put our foot down. Having said that there is a small part of me that would get a good chuckle from extorting City for something like 50m and then hijacking Chelsea's deal for Aubamayang and seeing if Özil could double Henry's assist record with Laca and Auba terrorizing defenses in front of him.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm glad we've put our foot down. Having said that there is a small part of me that would get a good chuckle from extorting City for something like 50m and then hijacking Chelsea's deal for Aubamayang and seeing if Özil could double Henry's assist record with Laca and Auba terrorizing defenses in front of him.
We could still end up selling him you know. The dumbness of our board knows no bounds

Gooner_girl14

LOL No way Alexis Sanchez makes the same as Messi. 300,000 p/w is about right to me, though.

Wage comparisons with Messi aside, imo if there was ever a time to yield to a player's wage demands it is now. We cannot lose Alexis, it would practically make the signing of Laca and whoever else we get irrelevant, as they will not be as good as Alexis. He would be well worth it, let go of the deadwood and pay him. If we didn't fail to get into the CL we'd have more bargaining power but unfortunately we are rather desperate.

Liam Slamcock

The thing everyone seems to be forgetting is-

He's going to leave for free next summer. We can play the hysterical "he leaves over my dead body" card and have him whinging and playing up all season before leaving us standing around holding our dicks next summer, or we can think about the £70m that we can take now, reinvest in real quality elsewhere in the team and move onwards and upwards without him.

We seem scared that he's bigger than the rest of our team put together, but I say that Mahrez has shown he could be almost as effective as him -particularly given other teams will no longer be able to single him out all the time if playing for us - and if we can bring in a Lemar or Dembele alongside we'll be in a far stronger position than putting all our chips on Sanchez.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

He's going to leave for free next summer. We can play the hysterical "he leaves over my dead body" card and have him whinging and playing up all season before leaving us standing around holding our dicks next summer, or we can think about the £70m that we can take now, reinvest in real quality elsewhere in the team and move onwards and upwards without him.

We seem scared that he's bigger than the rest of our team put together, but I say that Mahrez has shown he could be almost as effective as him -particularly given other teams will no longer be able to single him out all the time if playing for us - and if we can bring in Lemar or Dembele alongside we'll be in a far stronger position than putting all our chips on Sanchez.

I agree with much of what you say. I've said all along if he refuses to sign we should get shot now, then as you say we invest all the money and more on quality players, not a single player but 2 or 3 starting with Lemar, Mahrez, Dembele any 2 of them or maybe all 3 if Walcott & Giroud go out.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

We seem scared that he's bigger than the rest of our team put together, but I say that Mahrez has shown he could be almost as effective as him -particularly given other teams will no longer be able to single him out all the time if playing for us - and if we can bring in a Lemar or Dembele alongside we'll be in a far stronger position than putting all our chips on Sanchez.

I am going to be clear: I do not give a flying fvck about the money in this case.

Latymer

Alexia doesn't owe us jack ****. Never seen a harder worker on the field he's given us everything, even when losers like Giroud and Walcott couldn't be assed

If he leaves it means hes lost faith in Wenger

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Alexia doesn't owe us jack ****. Never seen a harder worker on the field he's given us everything, even when losers like Giroud and Walcott couldn't be assed

If he leaves it means hes lost faith in Wenger

He signed the the contract. If we want him to honour the contract he should do it. End of story.

Latymer

He's the same mentally as Ronaldo, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan etc. Relentless. Always improving. Always learning. Always taking care of his body

Players like that are very rare but they come along every now and again. He's obsessed with winning and improving, and if he doesnt think he can do it here, he will leave

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
what I don't get with Alexis is why he priced himself out of a move to Bayern and possibly PSG, both much more likely to give him that CL medal he claims to dream of

surely he's been in England long enough to realize he's unlikely to get it from a PL club

my gut feeling is that he's happy to stay in England, but he doesn't want to play under Wenger any more, and that his refusal to sign an extension has at least as much to do with the bust up earlier this year than money or the CL

I'm having hard time to see if there will be any bids at the moment.

Maybe in the end of the window after we lose against Liverpool and Chelsea then City might come in with 50 millions. But it will be mostly to make even more upset in our team although they will sign him if we budge and accept.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

what I don't get with Alexis is why he priced himself out of a move to Bayern and possibly PSG, both much more likely to give him that CL medal he claims to dream of

surely he's been in England long enough to realize he's unlikely to get it from a PL club

my gut feeling is that he's happy to stay in England, but he doesn't want to play under Wenger any more, and that his refusal to sign an extension has at least as much to do with the bust up earlier this year than money or the CL
Makes sense. His actions just don't reflect that of somebody who wants to win the CL. He would make Bayern serious CL contenders, the same Bayern who arguably should/could have beaten Real in this year's CL.

Your theory is more likely but he could just want to extract as much money as possible from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom