• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makes sense. His actions just don't reflect that of somebody who wants to win the CL. He would make Bayern serious CL contenders, the same Bayern who arguably should/could have beaten Real in this year's CL.

Your theory is more likely but he could just want to extract as much money as possible from us.

Or maybe he just mostly wants to join City? And he either believes that Pep can turn them into CL contenders or he is just saying these things because he think we might let him go there.

I think City have put a lot of work into making Sanchez believe they need him and want to sign him. Mostly this is done to upset the player for upcoming season. I highly doubt there will be serious bid in region of 70 M from them. They might even make a great banter late in August and offer 20-30 M just to stir even more in the pot.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm having hard time to see if there will be any bids at the moment.

Maybe in the end of the window after we lose against Liverpool and Chelsea then City might come in with 50 millions. But it will be mostly to make even more upset in our team although they will sign him if we budge and accept.

Have some faith, we've made 2 very good signings and we are shifting some deadwood. Still plenty of shopping time left to put us in a very good position going into the season.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Alexia doesn't owe us jack ****. Never seen a harder worker on the field he's given us everything, even when losers like Giroud and Walcott couldn't be assed

If he leaves it means hes lost faith in Wenger

giphy.gif

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The thing everyone seems to be forgetting is-

He's going to leave for free next summer. We can play the hysterical "he leaves over my dead body" card and have him whinging and playing up all season before leaving us standing around holding our dicks next summer, or we can think about the £70m that we can take now, reinvest in real quality elsewhere in the team and move onwards and upwards without him.

We seem scared that he's bigger than the rest of our team put together, but I say that Mahrez has shown he could be almost as effective as him -particularly given other teams will no longer be able to single him out all the time if playing for us - and if we can bring in a Lemar or Dembele alongside we'll be in a far stronger position than putting all our chips on Sanchez.
It's not about the money or weakening our squad. It's strengthening a domestic rival and thus weakening our position in the league, also handing them a ticket to the CL final. Nobody cares if PSG picks him up, he has earned a better chance than what we have given him so far. The guy gave his all while being surrounded by the likes of Gibbs and ****ing Jenkinson at some point, while seeing (with all due respect) a guy like Perez coming in to help us achieve our goals. Ridiculous.

Liam Slamcock

We will be able to buy top class next summer. It is not like we are poor.
You don't think we'll miss £70m?

It's not about the money or weakening our squad. It's strengthening a domestic rival and thus weakening our position in the league, also handing them a ticket to the CL final. Nobody cares if PSG picks him up, he has earned a better chance than what we have given him so far. The guy gave his all while being surrounded by the likes of Gibbs and ****ing Jenkinson at some point, while seeing (with all due respect) a guy like Perez coming in to help us achieve our goals. Ridiculous.
Agreed but there's nowhere abroad for him to go. He wants his Pep reunion, and it's going to happen whether we keep him here *****ing and moaning for a season or whether we take £70m for it.

Let's face it, Manchester City are overloaded with attackers as it is, Sanchez may be a slight upgrade on whoever he'd replace in their front three (Sane/Aguero/Jesus) but I don't think he's the game changer you make out, we actually deprive them of £70m that they should really be spending on their defence.

I think we can come out of it stronger.

cftm

You don't think we'll miss £70m?

Agreed but there's nowhere abroad for him to go. He wants his Pep reunion, and it's going to happen whether we keep him here *****ing and moaning for a season or whether we take £70m for it.

Let's face it, Manchester City are overloaded with attackers as it is, Sanchez may be a slight upgrade on whoever he'd replace in their front three (Sane/Aguero/Jesus) but I don't think he's the game changer you make out, we actually deprive them of £70m that they should really be spending on their defence.

I think we can come out of it stronger.

Stronger?
We will be without our best player
If we bring a replacement (and that is a big IF):
- We need somebody as good as him, and there is nobody in the market
- There is a risk that the replacement does not adapt to the team or the league

If we lose Alexis we won't come stronger

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Or maybe he just mostly wants to join City? And he either believes that Pep can turn them into CL contenders or he is just saying these things because he think we might let him go there.
Yeah he wants to join City, using the CL thing as an excuse.

Would have liked to see what excuse he would use if we had pipped Liverpool to fourth.

One Love

If by some miracle we win the league, then what? I've got to think he considers staying.

Wenger needs to use this as motivation to make one or two more top quality signings to give this team that shot.

Liam Slamcock

Stronger?
We will be without our best player
If we bring a replacement (and that is a big IF):
- We need somebody as good as him, and there is nobody in the market
- There is a risk that the replacement does not adapt to the team or the league

If we lose Alexis we won't come stronger
As in we can come out of it stronger than Manchester City by investing that £70m more cleverly than they with their luxury attacking signing. They're going to spend it either way.

Using the Sanchez money to top our our transfer budget and bring in the likes of Mahrez, Lemar, maybe someone else would be a far healthier situation than pinning all our hopes and dreams on one wantaway contract rebel.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
As in we can come out of it stronger than Manchester City by investing that £70m more cleverly than they with their luxury attacking signing. They're going to spend it either way.

Using the Sanchez money to top our our transfer budget and bring in the likes of Mahrez, Lemar, maybe someone else would be a far healthier situation than pinning all our hopes and dreams on one wantaway contract rebel.

He is not a rebel yet.

GoonerBoy19

Have a feeling we will sell him late in the window, but absence of lemar or mbappe signing will make it difficult. Board don't care a damn if we strengthen an opponent. He is an asset and any bid above 40-50mn will be interesting for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom