• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

The CL is undoubtedly a valid point. Domestically the argument is 70m now or 40m in June. While less it is a huge chunk or change and not the nothing people have painted if we lose Alexis next year.

The CL goes out the window if Alexis goes abroad. We aren't strengthening a rival for that spot and weakening ourselves. It becomes a 40m (lose Alexis for free but qualify) vs 110m (sell Alexis and qualify) question because we haven't given someone in the league the best player in the league simultaneously making it harder for us and easier for them.

If Alexis goes Giroud must stay. And we must spend the money we get and the rest of our kitty.

Yeah. I think both you and @Slartibartfast are making good points. I guess my problem is that it is all hypothetical because we cannot automatically equate that losing Sanchez = no CL and vice versa.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yeah. I think both you and @Slartibartfast are making good points. I guess my problem is that it is all hypothetical because we cannot automatically equate that losing Sanchez = no CL and vice versa.

Well, it's not automatic. Nothing is certain. But my thinking is that Alexis, being the experienced finished product that he is and already integrated with the club, gives Arsenal a better chance than any player they could reasonably get to replace him this summer. I mean, Messi, Suarez and the like aren't going to be available. So you'd be replacing him with, at best, Lemar. Now Lemar might be a better choice even as soon as two years from now (and I certainly hope to see him at Arsenal), but right now Arsenal needs to give themselves the best chance for this season.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Sky are rubbish. It was reported that he asked for 400k from Arsenal, but now he wants 500k from PSG? Why would he ask for more when he's made it clear that he wants CL and PSG are one of the only clubs that are after him who have a genuine chance of winning it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well, it's not automatic. Nothing is certain. But my thinking is that Alexis, being the experienced finished product that he is and already integrated with the club, gives Arsenal a better chance than any player they could reasonably get to replace him this summer. I mean, Messi, Suarez and the like aren't going to be available. So you'd be replacing him with, at best, Lemar. Now Lemar might be a better choice even as soon as two years from now (and I certainly hope to see him at Arsenal), but right now Arsenal needs to give themselves the best chance for this season.

We are already improving our chances of CL qualification by signing Lacaz & Kola, add to that Iwobi being more mature, Xhaka now settled, and still more players to come in. Sure, the ideal is to keep Alexis but I don't go along with the thought that if he leaves we can kiss goodbye to qualifying for Cl or even winning the PL. We would have to bring in Lemar for starters and another top player. If we do that then by Jan we will be saying Alexis who.

Think if Alexis leaves we should go all out and go for Mertens really think he'd be the ideal replacement still short in midfield still would it be too much to ask for Lemar too

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Main fear would be that we don't have a plan in place should he go and may be forced to keep players that would otherwise be allowed to leave.

Even Lemar and Mahrez wouldn't be enough to replace him.

Latymer

What's he on now?

This is what happens when you put jokers like Theo on 140K

Alexis is 5X the player and puts in 5X the effort so he wants 5X the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom