• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Lemar and Mahrez will cost us £90m. I acknowledge their quality but there are no guarantees. We keep Alexis and integrate these two. Qualification for the CL is worth £40m. We won't get more than £50m for Alexis and his £7m salary is affordable making a total "loss" of £17m. We take a financial hit for the long term good of the club. We need CL and can further offset the financial hits by moving on zero contribution players like Gibbs instead of quibbling over £2m.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We get both in an ideal world enough threat there imo but this is wenger and arsenal were talking about!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Well he's kind of teaching the club a lesson, right? Could or should make the board and Wenger open their eyes a little wider in future, hopefully?
Yes, hopefully.

We had our chance and blew it really, two top quality players and the resources to really build something and Wenger blew it.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Empirical fact, actually.

Champions League is worth ~5oMM per year to us (if we exit around R16 per usual) -- A 50 percentage point (that is, say, from 25% to 75%) increase in likelihood of qualification is thus 'only' worth ~25MM, and there's no way Alexis represents that large a bump on his own, anyways. The difference between 6th and 1st place EPL money is only 10MM, so his economic effect there is negligible.

Furthermore, given the time value of money (A dollar now is worth more than a dollar later -- with salary due on average in 6 months, transfer fee [would be] received this year as well, CL money not for another 12 months), there's basically no way he could bridge the gap on his own. He would have to, with 100% certainty, take us from Champions League longshots (which we're not), to QF at minimum, and from 6/7 place (which we may be) to league champs.

Not saying it's best for the club in the long term, or that I'd like him to be sold, but the sell-now math definitely adds up.

Just getting into the CL makes up a good portion of the 50 million pound price tag. Add on to that how far we go in the Europa and placing higher in the EPL (even if it is marginal differences) and you're better off not having sold Alexis. There are no replacements for him and if we did replace him with an equal, we'd have to pay a doubled salary - from 140,000 p/w to almost 300,000 p/w. Better off keeping him on the cheap this year.

al-Ustaadh

Lemar and Mahrez will cost us £90m. I acknowledge their quality but there are no guarantees. We keep Alexis and integrate these two. Qualification for the CL is worth £40m. We won't get more than £50m for Alexis and his £7m salary is affordable making a total "loss" of £17m. We take a financial hit for the long term good of the club. We need CL and can further offset the financial hits by moving on zero contribution players like Gibbs instead of quibbling over £2m.
My point exactly. That's not including money we get for placing in the top 4 of EPL and the money we'd get for how far we go in the Europa.

baccy_man

Established Member
We had the same situation when Van Persie wanted the club to show some ambition,
The club never got the quality of players to push the club forward and we are in the same position again a player wanting better from the club.

al-Ustaadh

We had the same situation when Van Persie wanted the club to show some ambition,
The club never got the quality of players to push the club forward and we are in the same position again a player wanting better from the club.
Except we have the money this time. Already brought in Kolasinac and Lacazette. Hoping for a Lemar and/or a Mahrez now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If somebody wants to translate...
He told Vasco that his player would sign for them after the Confed cup, but sent his mate to Botafogo to get a better deal for the player. He ended up at Botafogo.

Basically Vasco are moaning because the agent done his job.

Bendtneer

You don't sell Sanchez unless you have Lemar/Mahrez or other players of similar quality lined up. Not even for 100m-- that is if we have ambitions to achieve something this season.

That way you cover all bases: Lacazette, Lemar and Mahrez cover all the goals/assists Alexis offers, plus possibly improve us if they are all successful signings.

If we can't get them both then it's not worth it to sell him for any price, there's no player of his quality that wants to joins us right now.
It would take 3 players of lacazette,lemar n Mahrez to replace One Alexis Sanchez says it all..We should do everything to keep our best player.Sanchez is acting like a **** but I'm sure once he is back and the league starts he will give everything on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom