• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Alexis doesn't want to leave. The fact that clubs that have unlimited money think his wage demands are too much proves that. He's just trying to get the club to show some real ambition and improve, so he and Arsenal can play in the CL together next season and even compete someday! Alexis and Arsène look like they are working together on this, and I love it. Bless him, Atom & Humber! <3

tumblr_oqnhsdUTyy1tf8a5ao1_400.gif

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
life was so much simpler before the rise of super agents - their antics make it impossible for us mere mortals to understand what is going on

9jagooner

Wenger labeled this whole thing "media imagination." That would seem to indicate that Alexis hasn't been not-so-secretly meeting with PSG's owners in Paris (which they couldn't legally do without Arsenal's permission anyway). And they can't legally strike a deal with the player for next year at this point either. Not until January under FIFA rules. It's all been fake news emanating from a bogus Twitter account.
Ah..Fake news done it again! :D
Can we fast forward to September 1!

RoadrunnerReloaded

Again, Arsenal doesn't receive the prime rate on investments (though it's definitely more correct than the .25% you originally quoted). The prime rate helps determine the operative #, but it's not by itself relevant to the club unless the club is generating less than 1.25% ROI per annum -- not sure how many times I have to explain this. Google CAPM, WACC, etc.

And as for your estimation of our CL chances, that's totally specious reasoning -- we wouldn't have a 0% chance without him, and, as this season proved, we sure as hell don't have a 100% chance (of making that last spot) with him. The exact % is conjecture, of course, but the only number it's very obviously not is 100%.

If any post is "garbage," it's yours -- I'd suggest staying in your lane, as you have literally no clue what you're talking about.

So you believe in the efficient market hypothesis applied to world football? Sounds like you have a bit of an outdated and/or misplaced way of looking at things through neo-classical economics.
The way you tried to calculate expected utility was invalid as well as being unsound.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The media are making stuff up as they go along because the ludicrous nature of transfer market right now allows them so and the stories seem believable. It's like how people are saying very little in House of Cards shocks them anymore because of what Trump's doing in real life.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
So you believe in the efficient market hypothesis applied to world football? Sounds like you have a bit of an outdated and/or misplaced way of looking at things through neo-classical economics.
The way you tried to calculate expected utility was invalid as well as being unsound.
Where did I mention beating the market? EMH has little to no bearing here. Spouting off basic concepts you remember from university isn't really adding much, nor is calling my calculation of "utility" ("EV" would probably be a better term, as I didn't inhere non-cash value) "invalid as well as...unsound" without providing justification.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Where did I mention beating the market? EMH has little to no bearing here. Spouting off basic concepts you remember from university isn't really adding much, nor is calling my calculation of "utility" ("EV" would probably be a better term, as I didn't inhere non-cash value) "invalid as well as...unsound" without providing justification.

That's exactly what you are doing throwing out undergrad business school acronyms like CAPM for this thread in ways that are not applicable.

Its also already been explained to why your estimate is inherently flawed. First you yourself admit to just making up %s for us making the CL with and without Alexis so that invalidates your "calculation" right off the bat as @samshere pointed out.

Also @Slartibartfast already broke down the basics of many of the variables you completely missed in your expected value "calculation" on the last page. I have also posted long posts about all these other factors that you seem to be missing but since Slarti is on the last page, you can just refer to that.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
alexis is soon back in training guys, we'll find out either way. and either way he'll play until he's gone for sure.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sure his sale will also be impacted by the other 2018ers & how talks play out with agents & clubs over the next few weeks.

Özil especially & to a lesser extent Ox, Gibbs, Jack, Campbell & Jenkinson.

Clock ticking on a **** load of assets there... Just think how Özil contract talks breaking down or Ox/Jack intending to see out his deal can knock on.

What a mess. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom