• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Nothing strange about it. Perez wasn't good enough to start for us or get more game time.

It's hard to tell...when he did play, he showed enough to at least start over Walcott, especially with Welbeck injured and Iwobi in Bad form, as his allround game looked better. Then again, Walcott got 19 goals iirc. I think it's more down to him being rather unable to play on the wing and Wenger locked on Giroud or Alexis upfront. With Giroud and Walcott here, there never was a place for him to begin with. Definitely looks like a forced buy...by whatever circumstance.
Ironically, I think this season he Couldve excelled at the 10/ secondary striker/ winger position Özil and Alexis play.

Zyrth

It's hard to tell...when he did play, he showed enough to at least start over Walcott, especially with Welbeck injured and Iwobi in Bad form, as his allround game looked better. Then again, Walcott got 19 goals iirc. I think it's more down to him being rather unable to play on the wing and Wenger locked on Giroud or Alexis upfront. With Giroud and Walcott here, there never was a place for him to begin with. Definitely looks like a forced buy...by whatever circumstance.
Ironically, I think this season he Couldve excelled at the 10/ secondary striker/ winger position Özil and Alexis play.
Just like that bloke park chu yong then? Bought by the board against Wenger's will and over ruling his original target. Prolly a logical reason why Wenger simply never fielded those players.

Tywin

I think since the time of Fábregas and Nasri, is obvious that Wenger doesn't have any control over selling stars.

There is not a shred of evidence to support this I bet. Wenger did his best to keep Nasri and Cesc to the point or completely screwing up that transfer window. The following season when he sold RVP even Ferguson remarked on what a tough negotiatior Wenger was.

Name one instance where Wenger was forced by the board to sell against his will.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Have to say I have never heard those rumours before. Selling star players is down to Wenger agreeing whether to let them stay or go i.e. RVP, Fabregas, Sanchez. The only persistent and consistent news we get regarding transfers is that everyone on the board and management is in agreement that the club has a large transfer budget for Wenger to spend. To believe Wenger does not have great if not complete control over transfers within the budget provided is to ignore all known facts.

These rumors have been persistent since the Nasri situation. Nasri said in an interview that he really didn't want to leave - if you want to believe that. Wenger has hinted enough at not being on the same page with the board. Moreover, there was talking that Kroenke was the one who decided to bring Wenger back and that others on the board, such as Gazidis himself, didn't want to.

Tywin

These rumors have been persistent since the Nasri situation. Nasri said in an interview that he really didn't want to leave - if you want to believe that. Wenger has hinted enough at not being on the same page with the board. Moreover, there was talking that Kroenke was the one who decided to bring Wenger back and that others on the board, such as Gazidis himself, didn't want to.

Nasri obviously wanted to leave he had one year left on his contract and didnt sign an extension. Wenger spent the whole summer trying to get him to sign a new contract and persuading Cesc to stay, both which obviously failed. Nasri was sold for 25m which was a great sum considering he had a year left on his contract there was no way Wenger was going to turn that down.

Having wasted the whole summer on Cesc and Nasri, Wenger then spent the final week on a supermarket sweep of transfers. Disaster of a window if you can remember it.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Nasri obviously wanted to leave he had one year left on his contract and didnt sign an extension. Wenger spent the whole summer trying to get him to sign a new contract and persuading Cesc to stay, both which obviously failed. Nasri was sold for 25m which was a great sum considering he had a year left on his contract there was no way Wenger was going to turn that down.

Having wasted the whole summer on Cesc and Nasri, Wenger then spent the final week on a supermarket sweep of transfers. Disaster of a window if you can remember it.

Of course, I remember that window... that's the same summer we got Arteta.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Amazing how thin the margins between a player being considered a meh signing to incredible. Play that Stoke game again and 99 times that goal will be allowed, a few inches left last Sunday and he'd have 6 goals in under 500 minutes.

I'd like to see him with Wilshere, might be able to pick his runs out better than Xhaka/Ramsey.

Amazing how thin the margins between a player being considered a meh signing to incredible. Play that Stoke game again and 99 times that goal will be allowed, a few inches left last Sunday and he'd have 6 goals in under 500 minutes.

I'd like to see him with Wilshere, might be able to pick his runs out better than Xhaka/Ramsey.

That Stoke goal was 100% offside. Stop reaching. :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That Stoke goal was 100% offside. Stop reaching. :lol:
Was this 100% offside as well? Because it was a counted as a goal
promo329404921

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom