• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Useless International matches

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I wouldn't be mad if we paid 100MM for Pulisic (think purely as a footballer he's worth about 70-80). Barely 19, already an excellent player, and has unlimited marketing potential.

Can't see him going anywhere other than Madrid or United though, unfortunately.

EDIT: And now he sets up another. What a player.
Nobody is paying half that figure for him until he does it against proper competition week in and week out. Scoring against CONCACAF minnows and irrelevant German clubs in a 1 team league does not make you worth anywhere near 70M. This is another case of Americans wildly overrating a player because he's American. Is he more talented than say Donovan and Dempsey? Absolutely. Is he worth a figure that would land you 95% of the proven world class players in the world? Not remotely. 80 million probably gets you Griezmann and maybe even Dybala. Does this kid belong in the same sentence? He does not.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Nobody is paying half that figure for him until he does it against proper competition week in and week out. Scoring against CONCACAF minnows and irrelevant German clubs in a 1 team league does not make you worth anywhere near 70M. This is another case of Americans wildly overrating a player because he's American. Is he more talented than say Donovan and Dempsey? Absolutely. Is he worth a figure that would land you 95% of the proven world class players in the world? Not remotely. 80 million probably gets you Griezmann and maybe even Dybala. Does this kid belong in the same sentence? He does not.
Yeah should have clarified that I meant in a few years. That said, I think he’s on par with (or close to) a Rashford and, in a world where Dembele and Mbappe are with 105MM and 180MM respectively, I’m not sure a 70-80MM valuation is that far off in today’s market.

Edit: To further clarify, I find the Dembele and Mbappe fees inflated as well.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You have to love the way he side foots it right down the middle into a forest of legs... Clinical!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Xhaka scored a tap in and Laca starts for France vs Bulgaria. Kante has done his hamstring so I'm just hoping no Gunner gets injured. I hate qualifiers.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Lacazette with dreadful game for France tonight.

Like before, zero surprise he is subbed off.

I just posted the same in the Laca thread. He was really poor and didn't do much to sway Deschamps. Will not be surprised if Giroud starts next week.
Having said that, that was a crappy match and France is just not clicking. They have so much potential and talent, it is mind boggling they can be that bad. Deschamps is simply a mediocre manager.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom