• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

———————Laca/PEA———————-
PEA/Laca———Özil—————Malcom
———Wilshere/Xhaka——-Ramsey—-

One of Wilshere/Ramsey will always be injured given their history so that’s not really a problem.
The old formation with a no10 doesn't work for me. You need a three in midfield with someone disciplined to work with any of Wilshere, Xhaka or Ramsey. It is also unlikely Özil will sign, so easy to ignore his position in the long-term.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Tbf I've watched Malcom a lot.
He's quality. But he's still very raw. I don't think he's ready to make an immediate impact as a starter for us right now.

But his potential is so great that we need to buy him right now before another top club spends £80M on him.

I'd be glad if we had Malcom on our bench for the 2nd part of the season.
But being on the bench doesn't mean he doesn't play. He's gonna have a lot of opportunities to play.
In a year or 2 he's going to kill it.

If we keep playing a 352 my line up would be:

Aubam
Lacazette Özil

Xhaka (or Wilshere, we should try him as a DM) Ramsey (or Wilshere. depends on the form of both)

With Malcom being the 1st offensive option on the bench.

Lacazette behind Auba. Seriously?

That just goes to show we wasted 50m on Lacazette. There's going to be a lot of reliance on Özil to come deep and spray the pass in behind the defence.

I feel in that system, if a team targets Özil or he's having an off day. That system will be found out. It's very narrow.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yes he will. You did this in the summer claiming we’d spend ****loads on someone and they wouldn’t start.

Don’t be ridiculous.

This.

We're not Man City. People are expecting us to sign a player for 50m and the player not to start.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The problem with us is, we don't know what formation we're gonna use. Wenger admitted a while back that our poor form away from home he feels is down to the new formation, yet he keeps using it?!

If we sign Aubameyang and Malcom, it'd make sense to go with two up top, does that mean we go 352 or back to a 4 man defence? The whole season has been one big mess. No idea.
Yes Malcom going to be wing back and will look depressed in few games.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Strikers: Aubameyang, Lacazette, Giroud, Nketiah, Akpom
Wingers: Malcom, Nelson, Iwobi, Welbeck

Aubameyang hasn't played out wide for years, if that's our plan I don't like it tbh. We need 1 or 2 more wingers on top of Malcom looking at our squad. Hopefully we bin Welbeck in the summer and bring in 2 more.

M

MalcomMadness

Yes he will. You did this in the summer claiming we’d spend ****loads on someone and they wouldn’t start (think it was Lemar?).

Don’t be ridiculous.

It isn't ridiculous. We spent a **** ton on Xhaka and he didn't start for ages, wind ya neck in.

Why do you think Malcom will come and be an immediate starter? It wouldn't make any sense.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we want to fit Malcom and auba together then only 4-4-2 is the suitable formation I can't think of any other formation would suit them

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The problem with us is, we don't know what formation we're gonna use. Wenger admitted a while back that our poor form away from home he feels is down to the new formation, yet he keeps using it?!

If we sign Aubameyang and Malcom, it'd make sense to go with two up top, does that mean we go 352 or back to a 4 man defence? The whole season has been one big mess. No idea.

That means no place for Kolasinac or Monreal.

They're both suited to a 352. That's why AW opted for AMN instead.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This.

We're not Man City. People are expecting us to sign a player for 50m and the player not to start.

I mean you’d get the odd game where Wenger might want to play an extra midfielder out wide like he used to do with Ramsey but 95% of the time a £45m player will start. Especially when the alternative is Welbeck or Iwobi.

M

MalcomMadness

That means no place for Kolasinac or Monreal.

They're both suited to a 352. That's why AW opted for AMN instead.

Considering they're both left backs there will probably be a place for Monreal or Kola in the side. :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It isn't ridiculous. We spent a **** ton on Xhaka and he didn't start for ages, wind ya neck in.

Why do you think Malcom will come and be an immediate starter? It wouldn't make any sense.

Haha, because he’s a very good player and competing against utter **** for a place in the team.

I feel like I had this argument 5 months ago. Don’t they do permanent bans here?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Considering they're both left backs there will probably be a place for Monreal or Kola in the side. :lol:

In a 442?

Monreal has lost his pace. He won't be risked outwide. Remember when that farmer from Swansea (Barrow) ripped him to shreds? :lol:

He hasn't been the same since.

Kolasinac is the same too. AW doesn't trust him in a 442 that's what I think. That is why he opted for AMN against Salah when we played Liverpool at the Emirates.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

In a 442?

Monreal has lost his pace. He won't be risked outwide. Remember when that farmer from Swansea (Barrow) ripped him to shreds? :lol:

Kolasinac is the same too. AW doesn't trust him in a 442 that's what I think. That is why he opted for AMN against Salah when we played Liverpool at the Emirates.
We should bin Kolasinac then, if he can't play LB, he's a waste of space. We got him on a free, could make a good £20m there.

M

MalcomMadness

Haha, because he’s a very good player and competing against utter **** for a place in the team.

I feel like I had this argument 5 months ago. Don’t they do permanent bans here?

You're asking if they do permanent bans for having an opinion and answering your question in a nice manor.

Hmm. Something wrong with you, we'll just agree to disagree.

M

MalcomMadness

In a 442?

If we purchased a left back to not be a left back at some point then what is the actual point. Like seriously.

Mraven

Was not excited about this until I saw the videos. He's so quick that any defender will be dreading to meet him. Lacazette can be doubled upon and bullied physically, but this guy is too quick. His movement is great and he will always get on the ball first.

He'll be getting more chances then Welbeck and he should be scoring 1 or 2 pr game

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Are we happy we're signing a mercenary? Because that's the only reason he'd join.

Seems strange after abusing former players for it.

Giroud12

No, its about buying players you need. All we're doing is buying players and not thinking about what type of system they'll fit in. I'm not sure even Wenger knows which is one of the reasons we're in this mess.

I want another manager to be spending that money in the summer.

Me too. However, I'd rather have Auba and Wenger next year instead of just Wenger.

In a perfect world Ancelotti would come in ASAP and spend that money, but thats not happening. For all we know Wenger can sign another extension and then what? Stockpiling that cash isnt gonna help us. Lets just get Auba and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom