• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...it-as-much-as-robin-van-persies-a3743921.html

Quote: “I would say our fans know Alexis will not extend his contract and they have accepted that Idea – and the fact it will not be one-way traffic it will be other way traffic as well and so that makes the whole thing a bit smoother, maybe, a bit less disappointing,” he said. “We lose a player yes but we could gain another player.'
You're selling to United, worse, Mourinho, a lot of us are livid, and some of us don't want a United reject.:mad:

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Paying for getting his dog's arses cleaned? Nah mate, Alexis does that himself.

Dirty Sanchez.

I don’t get the big fuss being made over this. What’s unique about this transfer compared to the others mentioned is you’ve got an oil backed club who he was nailed on to go to pulling out because the financials involved were too much. Of course there’s going to be interest in all that **** after that came out.

Preacher

Always Crying
Arseblog:

I tend to agree with Wenger when he says the departure of Robin van Persie to United was more painful than that of Sanchez, but there’s the Mourinho factor to consider. I cannot abide the idea of us doing anything that might suit him or make him happy in any way. So, it’s not so much Alexis going there, as him going there while that poisonous little jabberwanker is in charge.

Does that make me a petty person? No, I think it makes me a normal human being because outside his relatively small band of supporters and admirers, doesn’t everyone want Mourinho to be unhappy – particularly when it comes to his work as football manager? This big-mouthed, ignorant, rude, eye-gouging, self-important blowhard has about fewer redeeming features as a turd smeared across the bottom of your shoe, so while I can objectively understand Sanchez wanting to leave Arsenal and all the reasons why he’d want to go to United, that part of it will never sit right with me and makes me fervently wish for the whole thing to be a disaster at their end.

I have to agree with him, Wenger forgot about Mourinho factor.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Arseblog:

I tend to agree with Wenger when he says the departure of Robin van Persie to United was more painful than that of Sanchez, but there’s the Mourinho factor to consider. I cannot abide the idea of us doing anything that might suit him or make him happy in any way. So, it’s not so much Alexis going there, as him going there while that poisonous little jabberwanker is in charge.

Does that make me a petty person? No, I think it makes me a normal human being because outside his relatively small band of supporters and admirers, doesn’t everyone want Mourinho to be unhappy – particularly when it comes to his work as football manager? This big-mouthed, ignorant, rude, eye-gouging, self-important blowhard has about fewer redeeming features as a turd smeared across the bottom of your shoe, so while I can objectively understand Sanchez wanting to leave Arsenal and all the reasons why he’d want to go to United, that part of it will never sit right with me and makes me fervently wish for the whole thing to be a disaster at their end.

I have to agree with him, Wenger forgot about Mourinho factor.
I think Wenger is trying to tell us how to think ahead of the deal. He wants us to think 'yeh, he's right' so he doesn't get any flack first home game after he's gone. Well it doesn't wash with me. We are proving that we are a selling club without ambition!:mad:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
That's some serious recency bias from Arseblog. Yes, Mourinho is disliked, but do people forget that RVP wasn't just sold to Man Utd, but to Wenger's biggest managerial rival? Not only did it end your title hopes for the foreseeable future, like @Rex Banner said, but it also well and truly cemented you as a undeniable less important club than Man Utd.

While that might have been fairly obvious to a lot of people, there was still a sense of rivalry, especially between the two longest tenured managers in football. But the sale of RVP to Man Utd felt like daylight capitulation. Like boxer getting KO'd against his biggest rival. And I didn't even mention RVP's goodbye letter, which basically put it in plain text that he didn't feel like Arsenal had any ambition.

It was ****ing ugly.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
That's some serious recency bias from Arseblog. Yes, Mourinho is disliked, but do people forget that RVP wasn't just sold to Man Utd, but to Wenger's biggest managerial rival? Not only did it end your title hopes for the foreseeable future, like @Rex Banner said, but it also well and truly cemented you as a undeniable less important club than Man Utd.

While that might have been fairly obvious to a lot of people, there was still a sense of rivalry, especially between the two longest tenured managers in football. But the sale of RVP to Man Utd felt like daylight capitulation. Like boxer getting KO'd against his biggest rival. And I didn't even mention RVP's goodbye letter, which basically put it in plain text that he didn't feel like Arsenal had any ambition.

It was ****ing ugly.
We haven't forgotten...

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Bad news! Not because I want us to keep him, but for the reasons stated above. And I'll never forget Wenger telling us about Sylvestre coming, without telling us his name at first, he is an experienced player, he said. Euphemism for, he's old and knackered, and get the best bit, United are done with him so we can have him - cheap. Yippee!!! Now another United reject comes to us, what is the ultimate price to be paid.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

When I grew up I remember the club holding firm and refusing to sell Vieira to Utd or any of the big clubs until Juventus when I think Wenger wasn't that fussed on keeping him anymore.

That seems a lifetime ago now.

Mudi

When I grew up I remember the club holding firm and refusing to sell Vieira to Utd or any of the big clubs until Juventus when I think Wenger wasn't that fussed on keeping him anymore.

Back then, we were computing with them. Now, we are competing with Everton, Leicester and West Ham. Times are changing and we should embrace it....

Preacher

Always Crying
Anyway, I came to terms with it. Only one thing remains, overcoming sight of Alexis in United shirt.

I hate selling star players to United. I became Arsenal fan in the midst of rivalry with them in the early 00's. Jose is the least likeable manager to me. So it's double blow.

Nevertheless, I didn't find connection with Alexis over last few years like with RVP then. He was my favourite player at the time, our captain. Player, who spent 8 seasons here and became the man from young player. So departure of RVP to the mancs was at least 3x times worse for me.

Jae

The difference being that despite a few fall outs over the years Fergie and Wenger had a massive amount of respect for each other and would regularly share a bottle of wine after a game, they are still friends to this day.

Wenger and Mourinho despise each other, it's hard to believe that Wenger would do anything that would benefit Mourinho.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Wenger is trying to tell us how to think ahead of the deal. He wants us to think 'yeh, he's right' so he doesn't get any flack first home game after he's gone. Well it doesn't wash with me. We are proving that we are a selling club without ambition!:mad:
We've been a selling club for years. If there's been any sparkling talent emerge in the Prem, or talented players nearing the end of their contract there are just three clubs who have been hoovering them up. The rest just have to take what's left or take a gamble.

The big exception to that has been Kane and Alli. One of the main reasons Sp**s are doing so well.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We are old men now, broken and battered, long gone the days of our forays into the yore, time ticked and took and there is nothing left but our memories of yore.... eroding and corroded

logic DC

Wenger keeps on embarrassing himself and indeed us as a club, I think it's better if he stays shut because every time he tries to explain he makes everything worse, with the things he's said about us and Wenger in particular you just don't sell to Mourinho. Wenger is essentially handing power over to Jose - just imagine the kind of things he'll be able to say in the future and we won't have no power to respond because he'd be speaking the truth. hate Sanchez for putting us in this position.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sanchez to United is just a long line . . . .

RVP to United, Cole to Chelsea, Nasri, Sagna, Adebayor, Toure, Clichy to City, Cesc and Hleb to Barca etc

Posters pretending these guys left because of a lack of ambition at Arsenal are still pumping out the propaganda drivel. They left for one reason only . . . they had enough talent to go to a richer club and all that it entails. More money and a better chance of silverware.

Raging at Arsenal and Wenger for this is like trying to defy gravity . . it's the natural law of football.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

:lol::lol::lol: If you're not a best selling fiction writer, you ought to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom