• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim_tales1

Sanchez to United is just a long line . . . .

RVP to United, Cole to Chelsea, Nasri, Sagna, Adebayor, Toure, Clichy to City, Cesc and Hleb to Barca etc

Posters pretending these guys left because of a lack of ambition at Arsenal are still pumping out the propaganda drivel. They left for one reason only . . . they had enough talent to go to a richer club and all that it entails. More money and a better chance of silverware.

Raging at Arsenal and Wenger for this is like trying to defy gravity . . it's the natural law of football.
If Alexis had ambition, he would have gone to City imo. But theyre going to win the league anyway. I look at where Utd are (11 points ahead of us) and think how much Alexis would improve them.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
RvP went to a team who had just lost the league on GD and the year before that won it. Cesc went to the best team in Europe. Also both of them only really had one club in mind when they left and they went there. Sanchez also seemingly had one club in mind but that all changed when Utd entered the race and offered more money. I think people wouldn’t be slagging off Sanchez as much as they are if he had gone to City.

From my point of view I don’t blame him for taking the money on offer and wouldn’t call him a mercenary. He’s going to a team currently better placed to win things than we are and will be earning a ****load while he’s at it. At the same time let’s not pretend money wasn’t the main motivator for him going to Utd and not to City.

Isnt The difference that utd were willing to pay NOW to get him

City arent as urgent and mind aswell wait to the summer

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Bluemoon's Sanchez thread is 4500 pages, the last 500 of which are whining about his wages and money in football, I'm not sure irony is actually a thing up there.

'How dare they outbid our sugardaddy with their generated revenue, cheating c*nts'.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bluemoon's Sanchez thread is 4500 pages, the last 500 of which are whining about his wages and money in football, I'm not sure irony is actually a thing up there.

'How dare they outbid our sugardaddy with their generated revenue, cheating c*nts'.
Some of them are also wishing injury upon him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

RVP to United, Cole to Chelsea, Nasri, Sagna, Adebayor, Toure, Clichy to City, Cesc and Hleb to Barca etc

Posters pretending these guys left because of a lack of ambition at Arsenal are still pumping out the propaganda drivel. They left for one reason only . . . they had enough talent to go to a richer club and all that it entails. More money and a better chance of silverware.

Raging at Arsenal and Wenger for this is like trying to defy gravity . . it's the natural law of football.
They left for more success which they got. They also earned more money because success attracts money. Do you think if United weren't winning trophies and we were winning all in sundry players like Giggs, Rooney, Keane etc would have spent their senior careers at United. They would have left and went to us or Chelsea. Same applies to Terry, Lampard as well. United and Chelsea were able to offer success and big wages.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

Come on mate, you don't think that contractually we've been lackluster in a lot of those cases. We should have nailed Sanchez down to a bumper contract extension 1-2 years ago. If we had offered him 200-250k after his first FA Cup win, he'd have signed and we wouldn't be in this mess.

And Toure, Sagna, Nasri etc. were making sideways (or even backwards) moves to Man City at the time, they left because of nice wages and a big transfer fee for the club. Nasri is on something like 100-120k at City - why can we offer Theo Walcott 120k per week, but we can't give Nasri (who was exceptional at the time) the money he deserves for us. If Nasri had been offered a good contract in advance of the last minute transfer saga, he'd probably have stayed an Arsenal player.

And why aren't Liverpool losing their best players to City, Utd and Chelsea regularly? They actually have a lower wage bill than us. Their only big stars that they've lost have gone to Barca, for ridiculous transfer fees because they had them tied down to long term contracts. Torres was on a clear downward spiral, and once again they sold him for a record fee. Sterling is maybe the only example, but again he was a 20 year old prospect at the time and he went for massive transfer fee.

If you look at Sp**s you'll see something similar. Yes they occasionally lose their best players, but they get big transfer fees and do very well to lock down their stars to contracts. Whereas at Arsenal, we see this anxious await for a last minute contract signature/transfer out nearly every season or two.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Come on mate, you don't think that contractually we've been lackluster in a lot of those cases. We should have nailed Sanchez down to a bumper contract extension 1-2 years ago. If we had offered him 200-250k after his first FA Cup win, he'd have signed and we wouldn't be in this mess.

And Toure, Sagna, Nasri etc. were making sideways (or even backwards) moves to Man City at the time, they left because of nice wages and a big transfer fee for the club. Nasri is on something like 100-120k at City - why can we offer Theo Walcott 120k per week, but we can't give Nasri (who was exceptional at the time) the money he deserves for us. If Nasri had been offered a good contract in advance of the last minute transfer saga, he'd probably have stayed an Arsenal player.

And why aren't Liverpool losing their best players to City, Utd and Chelsea regularly? They actually have a lower wage bill than us. Their only big stars that they've lost have gone to Barca, for ridiculous transfer fees because they had them tied down to long term contracts. Torres was on a clear downward spiral, and once again they sold him for a record fee. Sterling is maybe the only example, but again he was a 20 year old prospect at the time and he went for massive transfer fee.

If you look at Sp**s you'll see something similar. Yes they occasionally lose their best players, but they get big transfer fees and do very well to lock down their stars to contracts. Whereas at Arsenal, we see this anxious await for a last minute contract signature/transfer out nearly every season or two.

Great post.

Adding to it, a key difference as well is whenever a team like Liverpool or Tottenham lose a player, they replace him immediately, on top of bringing in new players every window. It significantly softens the blow when you have good players coming in every year instead of the desperate scramble you see now (again) at Arsenal.

The complete lack of direction and foresight is just terrible. You navigate the transfer market like a relegation threatened club in financial trouble. The only difference is the amount of money spent on doing so.

Wenger already admitted he expected Sanchez would leave all the way back in August (and that it was close). Why wasn't there a signing lined up for January? I fear the same will happen with Özil.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They left for more success which they got. They also earned more money because success attracts money. Do you think if United weren't winning trophies and we were winning all in sundry players like Giggs, Rooney, Keane etc would have spent their senior careers at United. They would have left and went to us or Chelsea. Same applies to Terry, Lampard as well. United and Chelsea were able to offer success and big wages.
Yes, as I said, they left for richer clubs. With that comes more money and a greater probability of silverware. You seem to be repeating what I said bro.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...

Good post. Exactly what I wanted to post but couldn't be bothered, and you have put it more eloquently than I would have.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Can't agree with any of that bro, sorry. It's all based on speculation.

I don't think we could have nailed down Sanchez, he's getting older used to moving around, has no real history with Arsenal, would like more money, probably doesn't like the stuff happening between the fans and Wenger (who can blame him) and has a greater probability of silverware at a richer club. All good reasons. Why would he stay?

Liverpool couldn't hang on to Suarez, Torres, Sterling, Couhtinho, Mascherano, Alonso, Owen, McManaman etc. It's just the same.

It's a natural law in football that you're trying to deny. Talented players will drift to richer clubs . . . more money, greater probability of success.

Arguing that these cheaper clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool lack ambition or are sh*t at dealing with contracts, is all part of the 'we're a sh*t club', narrative.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yes, as I said, they left for richer clubs. With that comes more money and a greater probability of silverware. You seem to be repeating what I said bro.
I'm repeating what you said bur drawing a different conclusion as I certainly don't think "posters pretending these guys left because of a lack of ambition at Arsenal are still pumping out the propaganda drivel". Players left because of that very reason. Our ambition was to remain solvent, pay our creditors whilst finishing as high as possible. That was the scope of our ambition.

Once clubs knocked for our players we moved them on. Am ambitious club doesn't sell Adebayor at that time to City. But we had to. Rinse and repeat. We never had a chance because every time we built a player up his ability went higher than what we were able to attain because we couldn't hold our previously good players and couldn't afford to replace them when we did sell them. Instead we had to build up Denilson, Walcott etc

I'd actually say now we are (if we acquire the players we are linked to) in a much better position than we have been. We are targeting a proven goal scorer in one of the top leagues. We've never done that before. The closest was Cazorla when RVP left but they were different players and Malaga had severe financial difficulties.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think it's a bit of both.

Can't pretend that he isn't going there for the money. United clearly got his attention (and that of his agent) with the money part.

City even leaked why they were bailing out re agent fees. Arsenal also much preferred to sell to city for obvious reasons.

But let's not kid ourselves that what he sees at United is not only money, but a project. A direction and intent on at least trying to challenge.

Sanchez always saw us a possible stepping stone in case things went sour. The four year contract he signed with us tells me as much.

We have been rutherless for the past two years. We had an amazing platform after the first and second FA cups. Our rivals where on the downward curve. We folded when we should've pushed on. If things happen this winter and summer windows, maybe that can change.

For a player like Sanchez, the main Chilean player for pretty much the last half decade or so that's a death sentence.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
According to times we want 12M Cash plus Mkhi. i have no idea why Manutd are not pay that there will be no straight swap we are not that stupid.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
United trying to get him on the cheap, just wait until he's a free agent in that case.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'm worried that us not getting money for this deal will affect Auba, even though it shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom