• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonerozil33

Seriously? Arsenal? A structured attacking team? Have you watched us in recent years? We have been playing like a nothing midtable team without Alexis.

Sanchez left because we have not bought a world class player since him, and we bought him quite a long ago. We are dropping out of the top6 and Wenger is doing NOTHING. Why should any ambitious player stay at the Club? Only someone like Özil would consider staying, who has never carried the team on his back like his status and wages at the Club would indicate.
So which world class player did Man Utd recently bought?? Sanchez left for the money. It is that simple. And fans like you undermine the players who stays and fight for the club with your stupid arguments and then go on to glorify the players who leave.

progman07

Established Member
So which world class player did Man Utd recently bought?? Sanchez left for the money. It is that simple. And fans like you undermine the players who stays and fight for the club with your stupid arguments and then go on to glorify the players who leave.
The same fans, who blame the Club/Kroenke for not being ambitious enough call a player, who is more ambitious than the Club a mercenary. Also, fighting for the Club is a bit cheap - I have not seen too much fighting in recent years on the pitch.

Alexis did not ask to leave to China. United, regardless of how much I hate their **** manager, is 11 points ahead of us.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Look its so easy to say its just all about the money. But seriously could anyone think a coach could be more wrong for Alexis than Mourhino?

How is Sanchez gonna react in a cl clash with barcelona?
When Mourhino wanna park 10 buses, but Sanchez want to press high?

Will Mourhino be able to do what Wenger failed to do?

Yes.. because with Mourinho he will be doing it in a structured system with ambition to eventually break and hit them hard on the counter. They will have a strategy and Alexis will respect that.

This lad will be perfect for Mourinho, unfortunately. Two win at all cost types - Alexis would run himself into the ground every single game if he knew it meant victory. Our lack of tactics and organisation turned him into the sulking, frustrated primadonna you seen at the end of his tenure - because he knew that no matter how hard he worked, we would still find a way to concede easy goals and render his input irrelevant. For an attacking player, there's nothing more disheartening.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A little clue - he doesn't want to pay tax. That's a fairly mercenary trait I think.

I disagree about United having a clear project. They have a manager who always spends whackloads of money and wins the league n his second year. Here he is in is second year trailing another team from the same city by nearly 20 points. He's not going to win it this year, he's not going to win it NEXT year. He doesn't stay when he can't win, he's a bad loser not a plucky one.

Of course there are bitter people here. We're supposed to be Arsenal fans, do you expect us to stand around cheering and applauding when some **** of a player leaves us to go and play for a rival? But the fact people are bitter doesn't mean they're not right. If he wanted to win trophies above all he would go to City. Not where he's heading.
There is so much wrong with this it's unbelievable. First point of order. United are 12 points behind, which if you use mathematical rounding, is closer to ten than twenty. Heck even if you don't use basic math lessons it's still closer to ten than twenty.

Doesn't want to pay tax. I have a healthy stocks and shares ISA and a Cash ISA never realised that made me a mercenary. I'll have to consider that when I'm investing in the future and doing my self assessments for my rental income. Don't deduct that allowance cause not wanting to pay tax makes me and anyone else a mercenary.

You can disagree all you want. Jose likes big physical teams and so far everyone he has signed for the spine of his team is over 6 foot. It's clearly a project that he is working on. And there is nothing to say he can't win it this season (remember our maths lesson above? Yes it is possible still to win the league) and you shouldn't forecast any further than that other than to say next season United should be in the running, alongside Chelsea, City and potentially another.

You're statement about Mourinho leaving when he can't win doesn't hold true either. The last job he was sacked from he never walked away. He has actually spoken a lot about staying at a club and building his legacy. He has also said that he wishes he had the support of a board like Wenger has where they back him even if he doesnt win. That to me and it's only my opinion reeks of envy at Wengers tenure. Compare that with Pep who often states a life cycle of a manager is only 3 to 4 years then you need to move on.

As a player from the outside looking in if you're looking stability in a manager given what's on the record Mourinho actually looks a safer bet especially if you are going for a five year deal.

If he wanted guaranteed trophies he'd have went to Celtic. Instead he has opted for a club that should be challenging for the highest honours in one of the biggest leagues in by world. I'm not defending Mourinho or even Alexis but people need to see this move for what it is, it's the exact same as to why other players in the past have moved. The chance of success.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Pssst.... arithmetic isn't maths.

Sanchez doesn't want to pay ANY tax. He is not seeking to reduce his tax liability, he is seeking to eliminate it altogether. When you are taking home hundreds of thousands a week I think mercenary is not an incorrect term.

Yes 12 points is closer to 10 than to 20, I'd forgotten Citeh's defeat last week, still doesn't make it any likelier Yanited will win the league this year. Or next.

Last edited:

TheEconomist

Established Member
I disagree with everyone saying that him going to united shows he doesn't have ambition.

He's going to united, a club that's throwing the kitchen sink at trying to get back to where they were 10 years ago. They might not get there this season, but there's no doubt they're much more ambitious than arsenal. City would have been easy for Alexis. He would have won the league without having to try, united is a much bigger challenge for him, he's going to have to drag the team to success, but with how hard United are trying , I'm sure they'll be competing with City from next season

Goonerozil33

The same fans, who blame the Club/Kroenke for not being ambitious enough call a player, who is more ambitious than the Club a mercenary. Also, fighting for the Club is a bit cheap - I have not seen too much fighting in recent years on the pitch.

Alexis did not ask to leave to China. United, regardless of how much I hate their **** manager, is 11 points ahead of us.
I am struggling to see his ambitions. Maybe he was waiting for the past 3 years at Arsenal so that united could be ahead of Arsenal to make his move. And fighting for a club is not cheap. But fighting against it definitely is

karl

I am struggling to see his ambitions. Maybe he was waiting for the past 3 years at Arsenal so that united could be ahead of Arsenal to make his move. And fighting for a club is not cheap. But fighting against it definitely is
Me too. Going to Citey would have guaranteed a Premier League medal barring injury, so finance was the decisive factor for either player or agent.

This was the most impressive piece of management I have seen from Guardiola in keeping the current squad happy. Championships have been blown mid-season by teams bringing in an expensive player (Keegan with Asprilla at Newcastle lost a 12 point lead)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just hit me that he's gonna be playing for Man U.

I'm not crying, you are.
It won’t even be when the reports start flying in saying it’s done, it won’t even when we see him holding the no7. It won’t even be his first appearance.

It’s gonna be when he gets his little 5 minute segment on match of the day after his first man of the match performance. At that moment I will fall to my knees and weep, weep like the broken man I have become.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Di Marzio saying Raiola and mkhi finally found agreement with Arsenal. So this one over either today afternoon or tomorrow will be made official

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

And 12 points behind City, which was the club he wanted to go to all along until United waved more cash under his nose. I have no problem with him leaving Arsenal. Never did. Don't even care that he went to United. But don't tell me his sudden U-turn from the side of Manchester most equipped to win big things over the next couple of years and from the manager who most fits his style by a mile was anything but mercenary. He could have gone to Bayern last summer and won championships, but priced himself out of a move there as well.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Won't be a loss whatsoever as long as we got both Mkhi and Auba done before the end of the window. At the end of the day, Alexis had a relatively decent first season, mixed second season, excellent third season and has been mediocre most of this season apart from a wee spell in the winter. This isn't losing Fabregas or Van Persie, what Alexis gave us is very much replaceable I feel. I mean we finished 5th with Alexis in the side for the first time in over two decades we finished outside the top 4, Van Persie dragged us to 3rd in the same season we lost 8-2 to United. In the end we probably did reasonably well in terms of replacing Van Persie because we weren't that much worse off, only a couple of points the following season. Mkhitaryan is far more suited to the way we play and Aubameyang will be a pure outlet who'll look to get in behind, something we thought we'd get with Alexis. Won't be sad when he goes, don't care enough to be bitter about, it is what it is. Life goes on.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don’t see why his motives are unclear. He wanted to leave, he thought he was going to leave but the City deal went awry during the summer. City now don’t want him as Sane and Sterling are playing well. No need to rock the boat there, they’d rather spend money on LB. So Man U steps in with a similar financial incentive. Since he wants to leave, and he’s going to be an integral part of the team there, he jumps at the chance. We were never going to spend that much money on him, rightfully so, in my opinion. I agree with Bayern on that score, as well. You really don’t want to mess up your wage structure that much, at least, for a player not named Messi.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Don’t see why his motives are unclear. He wanted to leave, he thought he was going to leave but the City deal went awry during the summer. City now don’t want him as Sane and Sterling are playing well. No need to rock the boat there, they’d rather spend money on LB. So Man U steps in with a similar financial incentive. Since he wants to leave, and he’s going to be an integral part of the team there, he jumps at the chance. We were never going to spend that much money on him, rightfully so, in my opinion. I agree with Bayern on that score, as well. You really don’t want to mess up your wage structure that much, at least, for a player not named Messi.

Except that City did want him and was prepared to take him. But their financial offer was in no way, shape or form "similar" to United's. City was prepared to pay him more than they're paying Aguero, but they weren't going to mess up their wage structure by paying him twice as much as Aguero (and more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom