• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s possibble that some of the delay is BVB finding a replacement

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Ha, so true, my wife asked me last night why I was so quiet, I replied "Its January!" :lol:

Ditto.

Had to give my gf a crash course on transfers, player names and copypasta.

Alexis coincided with us being in chile and for the life of her she couldn't underunderstand why I was reading Chilean sports news.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Ditto.

Had to give my gf a crash course on transfers, player names and copypasta.

Alexis coincided with us being in chile and for the life of her she's couldn't underunderstand why I was reading Chilean sports news.
You probably speak Spanish tho. Would have been even better if you didn’t and you were out there trying to understand Chilean papers.:lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
There is nothing wrong with what Arsenal have done in terms of mutiple bids. We did the same with Lacazette. Didn't it take us three bids to get him? The public posturing was similar with Aulas and Lacazette wasn't exactly kicking and screaming to leave.

The difference with Dortmund is that they have set a price. They have openly come out and said we have made 'several bids' which must be two. They have also said they are willing to let the player go if the demands are met. If not they will just keep him. They haven't said that they will let him go only if they find a replacement.

Whether we make the bid today or on deadline day doesn't really matter. What would be unforgivable by the club is to let this transfer slip buy due to our valuation of the player. We value him at £50 million. They want £60 million. Offering £55 million won't do anything. It has to be £60 million.

Is he worth £60 million? In today's market you really have to say he is when you look at the price of strikers. Dortmund set the price at £80 million in the summer. It's now lower. It's just a question of spending the money that the world knows is all available.

Yep, 60m is about right. Diego Costa went for 57m and he was about the same age, though he had a less prolific record and he was effectively in exile. So 60m for Auba is fair, good value even.

The difference between this and Lacazette is twofold: firstly Lacazette was done early in the summer window, meaning much more time to negotiate, whereas we're at the end of the January window and we don't have time to f*ck around. Secondly the Lacazette one wasn't in the context of anything else, it was just an addition to the squad. Auba is absolutely in the context of one of our best players having just left (to a f*cking rival).

If all that doesn't scream "This is urgent, get it the f*ck done", I don't know what does.

say yes

forum master baiter
90% sure this gets done tbh.

We want to buy, he wants to come, Dortmund want to sell. It’s why I’m not bothered in the slightest about the posturing so far, everyone is just trying to get the best price possible.

If this fails to happen it will be for one reason and one reason only - we’re ultimately unwilling to stump up the cash. Which is completely unacceptable given our resources.

We’re one of the richest clubs in world football, have massive cash reserves and are operating at a substantial profit over the last couple of transfer windows. If this move doesn’t happen then it’s confirmation (as if any were needed) that there is something seriously wrong with this football club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
90% sure this gets done tbh.

We want to buy, he wants to come, Dortmund want to sell. It’s why I’m not bothered in the slightest about the posturing so far, everyone is just trying to get the best price possible.

If this fails to happen it will be for one reason and one reason only - we’re ultimately unwilling to stump up the cash. Which is completely unacceptable given our resources.

We’re one of the richest clubs in world football, have massive cash reserves and are operating at a substantial profit over the last couple of transfer windows. If this move doesn’t happen then it’s confirmation (as if any were needed) that there is something seriously wrong with this football club.
Also we have to replace the superstar we sold to our rival to not replace him with a player like Auba ability who want to come and like to work with Wenger that's mean we becoming a team that has no interest anymore to compete even for top 4 finishes.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Also we have to replace the superstar we sold to our rival to not replace him with a player like Auba ability who want to come and like to work with Wenger that's mean we becoming a team that has no interest anymore to compete even for top 4 finishes.

Yes, the fact that Alexis has gone gives me hope that Auba will get done. We need to replace his goals and potential match winner billing, Auba would do that and the fans would be happy, for once!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom