• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'd rather Rodgers than Löw and that's telling.

Only Arsenal would sign a nearly 60years old manager with no CL or PL experience for a transitional phase, ffs.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I want an exciting appointment. A young guy with fire in his belly. Jardim, Allegri and Arteta would be my preferences and in that order. I feel like Jardim would be able to coach most players and make them perform well as a team. Löw feels like the kind of person who would need a squad of very good players and could then create a great team.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'll take Jardim as my first choice. I realise Lowe is inexperienced in club management but I'll be happy to have him aswell. Germany play good football & he has taken Germany to 2 WC finals. If he takes over I'd imagine he'll bring in a few German footballers which will help Özil.

BobP

Memri Fan
His club record is horrendous.

Not really.

Came 4th in both of his seasons at Stuttgart. Won the German Cup and finished runner-up in the Cup Winners' Cup. Also finished 3rd with Fenerbahçe and managed to win the Austrian league title a few seasons after.

Of course, he had bad spells at both Adanaspor and Karlsruher SC.

All in all, his club record isn't as bad as you make out. Just decidedly average.

Main concern his him having to return to club management from international management after such a long time doing the latter.

Completely different ball game.

Jojoba

To anyone who pick Low :

Remember , that on paper , he managing the best national team squad. So winning WC is good , but also normal and standard achievement.

While Arsenal ATM , on paper , only have the 4th/5th best squad in PL.

Can he over achieve in arsenal , while his last club management experience is 14 years ago ?
I too I’m not sure about Low but Same was said about Pep. Overrated and only looks good because he keeps managing already established world class teams. Now that he has built another good team at City they are saying he only looks good because of unlimited Arab transfer funds and everyone in the league underperforming blah blah.
A good manager is a good manager where he is managing a national team or a championship team.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I tell myself I don't want Low because of his club management record and because I'd prefer someone younger, but really I just can't stand the sight of him smelling his crotch on the sidelines with his ridiculous Baden-Württemberg nudist camp haircut. It'll be like turning up for school in a pair of John Lewis shoes and everyone else is in Stan Smiths. They'll make fun of us.

Is that fickle? Hell yes. Am I prepared to be reasonable? Hell no.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't be against Lowe. If anything it should improve our chances of getting top players from Germany.

Can he work his magic at domestic level who knows. But anyone, whoever it is, will be coming in with a very difficult job. And we will start going through managers with increasing frequency.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't be against Lowe. If anything it should improve our chances of getting top players from Germany.

Can he work his magic at domestic level who knows. But anyone, whoever it is, will be coming in with a very difficult job. And we will start going through managers with increasing frequency.
Would LOVE Löw, but I fear he will want a break after the WC.

kooldawg

Established Member
We're going to be in transition, I don't think we're going to get a top tier manager with the challenge that awaits them. Expect unproven guys like Arteta and the like to be signed up. We can only dream of guys like Allegri, Low etc.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Here's a look at the pluses and minuses of potential Wenger successors. I'll post a few of my own thoughts later.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/Arsène-wenger-sacked-replacement-successor-14340245

FreakySami

I always wanted to go to London in order to pay respects to wenger. I didn't want to do it this year and I hope I don't have to. I think a lot of this is down to the board and they are finally getting caught because the manager can't do it all by himself.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Can't we just get papa Guus for the remaining months after the inevitable Milan disaster?

he would at least teach bellerin to stay back when Xhaka has the ball because the probability of a turnover is through the roof.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I always wanted to go to London in order to pay respects to wenger. I didn't want to do it this year and I hope I don't have to. I think a lot of this is down to the board and they are finally getting caught because the manager can't do it all by himself.
you can always go to the Emirates to pay respects to his statue, which is probably being commissioned as I write

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Can't we just get papa Guus for the remaining months after the inevitable Milan disaster?

he would at least teach bellerin to stay back when Xhaka has the ball because the probability of a turnover is through the roof.

Seeing how Conte will likely not be there next season, think he's probably standing by the phone, waiting for Roman to call.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, down to them in the sense they renewed his contract. I'd love to know how you think the board are responsible for the **** performance we saw today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom