• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2017/18

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Really hope Özil is still happy with the contract & plans to be the main guy going forward.

Would not be shocked if any of these move on... Ramsey, Xhaka, Lacazette, Bellerin, Mustafi, Chambers, Kolasinac & Welbeck.

Some I really rate & others not so much but all bring in a decent sum. Its really hard to guess individuals without knowing if the new guy plays two strikers, a three man midfield, wide players etc.

I reckon laca could be one to keep an eye on especially if the new man in charge is known for one up top. No point having such a valuable asset on the bench most weeks when you could cash in and strengthen elsewhere with the money.

Kolasinac will be in a similar position as well. Clear as day that monreal is the better fullback, even at his grand old age. Then again that was in the Wenger system so maybe the new guy will bring about a change there. If he doesn't, then a 120k weekly wage (along with any potential transfer fee) could be put to use elsewhere rather than on a backup LB.

I'd keep Ramsey, but the club will need to make a decision on him this summer due to his contract situation.

BobP

Memri Fan
Most of the garbage being posted in here should be in the Wish List thread.

Imagine the club selling Iwobi :lol:.

We're restricted financially, and the likelihood of us selling off half the team and finding better replacements is extremely unlikely.

Although I think it'd be for the best, it's possible that the club won't opt to sell Mustafi.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Most of the garbage being posted in here should be in the Wish List thread.

Imagine the club selling Iwobi :lol:.

We're restricted financially, and the likelihood of us selling off half the team and finding better replacements is extremely unlikely.

Although I think it'd be for the best, it's possible that the club won't opt to sell Mustafi.

It would be absolutely mental to make too many changes to the first team over one summer. The outgoings should mainly be fringe players and the deadwood. It will help raise a bit of cash to add to a limited budget and further trim the wage bill.

Iwobi frustrating at times but hope he gets back to the kind of form he showed when first broke through.

HBL

Established Member
£50m is probably enough to have a decent window anyway, hopefully we have closer to £100m if we win the Europa. Important that we Sell our squad players for decent money, think the new transfer team will help with that. Wouldn’t be too bothered if we sold any of these players:

• Mustafi - £20m
• Welbeck - £20m, use his good run of form to sell him.
• Perez - £10m
• Campbell - £7m, depends on his World Cup form.
• Opsina - £5m, same as above
• Akpom - £3m
• Martinez - £3m
• Jenkinson -£1m
• Holding - £10m or Chambers - £20m

Then high earners like Mertesacker, Cazorla and Wilshere are also off the wage bill. A lot of players will be leaving but I think the youth players can make up the difference in the squad as rotation players.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I've seen a few mentions of Campbell being out of contract this summer. Anyone know if that's definitely the case?

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Them majority of top teams nowadays seem to be comprised of a big front 3. From MSN and BBC, to Liverpool and City's nowadays. Looking at our current squad, we're definitely lacking at least one component for that front 3. Mkhitaryan or Özil could probably be part of it, along with with Aubameyang, but it's definitely lacking someone direct and a real individualist match winner (not individualist in the way of Alexis though).

The midfield also lacks the same necessary structure in many respects. All the four aforementioned teams have quality and flair (Liverpool to the smallest degree), but are also able to make their flair midfielders work extremely hard. Guardiola has said getting his two best players - De Bruyne and Silva - to work hard both ways is the foundation of his success this season. The same could be looked upon with Iniesta and Rakitic, to a lesser degree, at Enrique's Barcelona (thinking about how Enrique would alter the squad if he became manager was what stimulated this trail of thought for me). Ramsey could definitely play the Rakitic role, whilst Özil or Mkhitaryan could play the Iniesta role. I don't think that Özil would work hard enough in the role, so I'd say that Mhkhitaryan would be more suited. Xhaka could form the base of the midfield 3, although I think I would prefer someone more dynamic and Fernandinho-esque in the role, or at least as an alternative.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Can someone find me the manager who can play the following formation with the following players? They must find suitable replacements for GK, CB x 2 and a DM.

GK
Bellerin CB CB Monreal
DM
Xhaka Ramsey
Özil
Laca Auba

Subs
Cech Kos Kola AMN (or Nelson) El Neny Welbz Mhki

Regards,

The Board

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Been saying we need to sell Koscielny all season. As I said at the top of this page

Need a whole new spine

HBL

Established Member
Oblak/Allisson
Koulibaly/De Vrij
Fabinho/Kondogbia
Martial/Bailey

Even if we only get two of those, we’ve improved the squad massively.

Longy

I still think we are a lot better than we are showing.

If we wan to compete at the top we need strengthening in CM and CB, then a GK.

I'd look at my squad the following way....

NEW, Cech
Bellerin, AMN*
NEW, Koscielny, chambers, Holding, greeky
Monreal, Kolasinac
NEW, Xhaka, jack, Elneny, AMN*
Mikhitarian, Ramsey, Iwobi*
Özil, Lacazette, Aubemeyang, Neilson, NEW, iwobi*

Sell and replace Mustafi
Sell and replace Wellbeck
Marquee signing for CM to partner either Xhaka or Jack as an addition.

HBL

Established Member
Just give us one summer of investment please, where we actually spend £100-150, it would benefit the squad massively.

In
Oblak - £80m
Koulibaly - £60m
Fabinho - 50m or Kondogbia - £30m
Guedes - £25m or Martial - £50m
Diallo - £15m
Promote Virginia to the first team as our third keeper.

Out -
Mustafi - £20m
Welbeck - £20m
Chambers - £20m
Holding - £10m
Lucas Perez - £10m
Ospina - £5m
Campbell - £5m
Akpom - £3m
Martinez - £2m
Release Jenkinson and Bramall.

Play the 4321 we did tonight or 442.

Plenty of ways we could go about the front 6.

Auba - Lacazette
Mkhi - Ramsey - Fabinho - Özil

Guedes/Martial - Auba - Mkhi
Özil - Ramsey
Fabinho

Auba - Lacazette - Mkhi
Özil - Ramsey
Fabinho

Mkhi - Auba - Özil

Xhaka - Fabinho - Ramsey

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
It's great to see Cazorla back in training after thinking he was out until the early part of next year. Not sure what this means for his future at the club now, but suspect the club will offer him a one year deal. Will still be difficult for him to return to the level we're used to at his age after so long out.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Gk, 2 Cbs, Lb and Rb along with a winger and Dm that is dreaming i know but needed. The ranch man needs to get his hand in his pocket!!

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
GK
CB
A RB who can play CB
DM
CM - Meyer as a replacement for Jack & Santi

Not really asking for much investment when you consider out goings ...

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Under a new better coach I can see Chambers and Holding forming a good CB pairing.

If you count the Greek kid as well then we can look forward to a bright future.

Mustafi needs to get his head right though and I’d give him one more year under a new manager to see if he can make amends.

Raicore

We've got two meh keepers who'd cost us too many games this season.. a new solid keeper and another experienced cb needed

Camus

Trusted ⭐
We've got two meh keepers who'd cost us too many games this season.. a new solid keeper and another experienced cb needed
Saying we "need" a new GK doesn't even come close. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say the season will be a complete write-off if we don't sign a good GK.

Top Bottom