• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United v Arsenal | April 29, 2018 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

If you could only punch one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Poorly (I was joking by suggesting him). He barely plays, and when he has gotten minutes, he hasn't been particularly impressive. He doesn't even appear on the bench anymore, and I don't think he's injured. @Toby Andrl can tell you more if you're interested.

I thought you were joking but I really dont follow him or any of our loanees.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Why do people think our 1st team won't get battered?

Case in example our two losses vs Man City for 3 nil.
People need to realize our first 11 isn't exactly world class...we could and probably easily get turned over by Man U.

There isn't much difference...just some unknowns that are itching to make a name.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again

It won't be good for the confidence our our starting 11 that will play vs Atheltico to get walloped by ManU too.

Set some priorities. Özil never shows up 2 matches in a row vs big teams...rest the focker. Can't afford for Lacazette or Ramsey to get injured either.

Does it really matter who our centerbacks are...they are all capable of fck ups.

This is a nothing game. Teams usually play to the level of competition....ManU wont be as motivated if we play Niles, Nketiah, and Nelson from the start. They are not on the scouting report.

As I said, I expect a few changes but not a full squad of youngsters. As for getting injured, that can happen anytime, we've had many injuries from training over the years.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

This game could get ugly. Can see a comfortable 3-0 defeat.
Hopefully the players are able to put this match in isolation & not allow it to affect us for Thursday

Linson

We all seem to be in the process of emoitonal self destruction.

Losing 10-0 at old Trafford would be a tragedy.
It's the last game at OT for Wenger
Wenger deserves more than that
4 days to recover is enough for professional footballers.

The pride aspect of EL is outweighed by OT and proving we can still complete with manure

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ws-Arsène-Wenger-Man-Utd-Premier-League-squad

Petr Cech, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Hector Bellerin and Danny Welbeck were among the senior players that travelled and are likely to start.

While Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who has missed the last few weeks with a knee injury, could play against his former club after making the trip.

Academy youngsters Eddie Nketiah, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Reiss Nelson, Jordi Osei-Tutu and Joe Willock were also pictured and could be in line to feature at Old Trafford.

With an inexperienced squad, Sunday’s match at Old Trafford will hand some of Arsenal’s young players a chance to impress.

So we're resting for Atletico.. Big opportunity for whatever youngster that gets a chance, they can make a name for themselves with a great performance here.. I'm just hoping this doesn't end badly, I'm expecting a loss, just keep it respectable.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ws-Arséne-Wenger-Man-Utd-Premier-League-squad

So we're resting for Atletico.. Big opportunity for whatever youngster that gets a chance, they can make a name for themselves with a great performance here.. I'm just hoping this doesn't end badly, I'm expecting a loss, just keep it respectable.
Cech
Bellerin Chambers Holding Monreal
Maitland-Niles Xhaka Iwobi
Nelson Aubameyang Welbeck

Ospina Mertesacker Mavropanos Kolasinac Willock Mkhitaryan Nketiah

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Monreal travel then I expect him to start
Cech
Chambers Holding monreal
bellerin Xhaka Maitland-Niles Kola
Mkhi Auba Welbeck

Make the game as boring as possible both teams got nothing to play for in league

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Since the start of the year Man Utd have only scored more than twice at home once in the league. They don't seem to have a lot of big home wins. Well until this coming Sunday when I bet Mourinho is desperate to humiliate Wenger one more time.

What kind of statistic is that? We only win 2-0 these days. :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I forgot about him, how's he doing on loan?
Poorly (I was joking by suggesting him). He barely plays, and when he has gotten minutes, he hasn't been particularly impressive. He doesn't even appear on the bench anymore, and I don't think he's injured. @Toby Andrl can tell you more if you're interested.

He's been completely sidelined since the managerial change at Stuttgart in February. Under Hannes Wolf he was a squad regular, he quite liked him for his stamina, tenacity and speed, unfortunately that's all he's got and he started fading out of the squad already during Wolf's latter days.

Under Korkut he's now sidelined for good. In the new 442 formation, captain Gentner has been shifted from the centre to the right for balancing and defensive stability, while on the left January signing Erik Thommy plays, who can actually do something of use with a football. First bench options for the wings are now Berkay Ozcan, an attacking mid, and Chadrac Akolo, a striker/right winger, who are both owned by VfB. Even Dortmund loanee Bruun Larsen has overtaken Asano in the squad.

With committed technical training and more experience he might cut it as a second striker, and only in that position, in a second league in Europe's top five, or a first league somehwere like Greece or on the Balkans.

Edit: Forgot to mention that he mostly played on the wings, where he is useless for a complete lack of technique. To all the guys who think Ramsey has a bad first touch, watch Asano for someone whose is non existant. He doesn't lack footballing IQ completely, but at least decision making, but had a tendency to pop up in some nice spaces sometimes. He's also wasted as a lone striker. He's a complete lightweight, again: lacks technique and can't really shoot.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Greatest poll question ever :lol: :lol:

Genuinely took me 5 minutes to answer. 3 or 4 quality shouts on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom