• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United v Arsenal | April 29, 2018 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

If you could only punch one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

These young elite players, if they are meant to be (Mavropanos, Nelson eg) I suppose in these games I guess will prove they are going to be.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mavropanos is big, fast and likes a duel. Decent pass on him too. Will be interesting to see him at this level.

Needless to say I'm very excited about this lineup. Especially Xhaka-AMN in midfield, something I've wanted to see for a while.

Nelson starting at Old Trafford. Need a big game from him.

This team must surely prosper.

Linson

I've had high hopes for Mavropanos since he got here. Chambers is a bit calmer and a ball player, whereas Mavropanos likes to get stuck in and win things. Could be a useful combination. With Kolasinac they've got a bit of strength and experience next to them.
Play it conservatively and hit Utd on the break, we're not going to be dominating possesion at OT.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've had high hopes for Mavropanos since he got here. Chambers is a bit calmer and a ball player, whereas Mavropanos likes to get stuck in and win things. Could be a useful combination. With Kolasinac they've got a bit of strength and experience next to them.
Play it conservatively and hit Utd on the break, we're not going to be dominating possesion at OT.
Whats his biggest strength do you think mate? (Mavropanos)

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very excited to see Dinos

If he’s crap his name means he can become the new gunnersaurus

Stannis

From playing for some mid table team in Greece to making a debut for Arsenal FC at Old Trafford.

Honestly its the stuff of dreams, just hope today isnt a nightmare though

ptrcopp

They used to, but the rules were changed: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14166038

I remember Mick McCarthy being pissed about being fined for resting players at Old Trafford
What a moronic rule that is...

And who decide what the strongest XI is? Is there some committee FA have who knows better than the manager who is fit to play and who not?

A quick skim of the article before hand, I think it said apart from Wayne Hennessey, 10 players had not featured all season...

As AG says, the rule was changed. Though in that article it still says you can be fined "if they select a number of younger players from outside their 25-man squad".

So, @James Bond, to answer the original question, you need to know how many of the players that play are not included in the 25 man squad.
I think Iwobi is too old and imagine he would be in. That leaves AMN, Mav, and Nelson the only possible ones who are not in the 25 in the XI. Then there is another 3 on the bench.
But then, how many is too many?

Feel a little sorry for Dinos...

Being debuted at Old Trafford is just result of him being a better player than braindead Mustafi and declined Koscielny.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Neat, another milestone in Wenger's career here.

It's not the sort of thing that anyone will be talking about or giving credit for, but that's an outstanding statistic. Away from sensationalism and media narratives of glory and failure, to give 200 players their debuts is such an achievement in itself.

CanadianGooner1608

Well to me this game isn't about winning or losing anymore, but rather see if these players show us some hunger.
I want to see the future ajd what it holds. No doubt it will also be a very interesting game for the next manager to watch, to see what he can work with.

Hopefully, they play their hardest. That's all I want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom