• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Don't know, but he is on 16/1 odds!
We might end up with the wrong guy, remember when Wenger met that Croatian doctor at the Euros and thought it was Emery?:
nintchdbpict000247422235.jpg
Wenger even congratulated him on getting the PSG job. He should've told Wenger he turned down an offer from Arsenal for it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
One good season? I've followed Napoli closely for years, Sarri has done well in all his 3 seasons. He inherited a very good squad tho, and has basically played the same 11 in 30+ games every season so they know each other very well. His recruitment is therefore a bit of a concern for me.

Emery has done well everywhere he's gone.

People quickly forget but this current Napoli team are mostly Benitez players, he did some f*cking good recruitment when he was there.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Paulo Fonseca needed, look at that jacket. Absolute style icon. Not to mention his hair.
Dbm2heBW4AI-jV7.jpg

On a serious note, having read up on him a little bit, I like the sound of him. His use of attacking midfielders is very interesting - particularly as we currently have Mkhitaryan and Özil (although I'm unsure if Özil is up to the necessary pressing job). I could see Ramsey or AMN in a Fred-esque role too.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

One good season? I've followed Napoli closely for years, Sarri has done well in all his 3 seasons. He inherited a very good squad tho, and has basically played the same 11 in 30+ games every season so they know each other very well. His recruitment is therefore a bit of a concern for me.

Emery has done well everywhere he's gone.

That would be mostly on Sanhelli and Mislintat no? We need a manager who can get the absolute maximum with what he's got and it seems as though Sarri is the type that can do it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Big bald Rafa bought most of Napoli's best players, in one summer too.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I liked Emery when he was at Sevilla but something about his time at PSG was extremely off-putting. I mean for starters he lost the league to a team with no fans, (Blanc was sacked after WINNING the league by 30 points the season before). Maybe it's just that PSG is a bad house with a few uncontrollable egos but it didn't exactly paint him as a quality manager.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Paulo Fonseca needed, look at that jacket. Absolute style icon. Not to mention his hair.
Dbm2heBW4AI-jV7.jpg

On a serious note, having read up on him a little bit, I like the sound of him. His use of attacking midfielders is very interesting - particularly as we currently have Mkhitaryan and Özil (although I'm unsure if Özil is up to the necessary pressing job). I could see Ramsey or AMN in a Fred-esque role too.

The Emirates will be 75% screaming girls if we appoint this guy.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I liked Emery when he was at Sevilla but something about his time at PSG was extremely off-putting. I mean for starters he lost the league to a team with no fans, (Blanc was sacked after WINNING the league by 30 points the season before). Maybe it's just that PSG is a bad house with a few uncontrollable egos but it didn't exactly paint him as a quality manager.

@Cazorlinho wrote about the inner workings of PSG and it sounded like the inmates running the asylum. You got players going directly to the president at the drop of the hat if they don't like something the manager has implemented or trying to implement. How can you work in those conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom