• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Hope

Less
Wont forget.....Never ever......what you have done for us.........Thank you from the Bottom of my Heart.........We are all Arsenal Fans but you are the Biggest of us.....Thank you for making Arsenal one of THE Clubs in the world........ Privileged......None can......None Willl.........One Arsène Wenger.

Tears,Sadness,Happy, Thankful,BowsDown, Arsenal will never be the same

Merci Arsène.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Somebody posted a link to this on here and only just got around to studying it properly. One of the best articles I've ever read on football and fully explains what Liverpool's, Arsenal's and Sp**s' challenges have been since 2005.

Anybody wanting a real understanding of football ought to read it. And anybody who thinks Wenger has underperformed in the second decade of his tenure is plain wrong.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2018/04/sp...uardiola-no-better-than-wenger-and-much-more/

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Somebody posted a link to this on here and only just got around to studying it properly. One of the best articles I've ever read on football and fully explains what Liverpool's, Arsenal's and Sp**s' challenges have been since 2005.

Anybody wanting a real understanding of football ought to read it. And anybody who thinks Wenger has underperformed in the second decade of his tenure is plain wrong.

https://tomkinstimes.com/2018/04/sp...uardiola-no-better-than-wenger-and-much-more/
Picked this out for you Traxxy

"We found that there’s a strong correlation between £XI and finishing position in the league, and a less-strong correlation between overall squad costs (after inflation) and league position."

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Picked this out for you Traxxy

"We found that there’s a strong correlation between £XI and finishing position in the league, and a less-strong correlation between overall squad costs (after inflation) and league position."
£XI is the average cost of the teams fielded each week of a season. If you can work that out the correlation is bound to be better.

Wenger's done amazingly well according that article.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
£XI is the average cost of the teams fielded each week of a season. If you can work that out the correlation is bound to be better.

Wenger's done amazingly well according that article.
Definitely. Not slating your theory, just simply adding it as a few posters did mention this.

Great article. The graphs bring it to life as well.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
For me he's the greatest ever (including players). What I really admire in Wenger, and ironically it's something that has been portrayed as his weaknness, is his determination to follow his philosophy in spite of all the criticism and pressure. Some (including me) called it stubbornes, lack of pragmatism and even ignorance. He followed his own idea of what a footbal club should be and how the Game should be played. A man of principles that sacrificed his own personal succsess to lead the Club through a period of transition in order to ensure the future of this great fotball institution .

And for that I will always have mad respect for him...

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Dci3KCdWkAIGalC.jpg:large

If there was a way to measure his influence, this is probably the best way.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Busy doing some revision of my notes and found this quite interesting. According to the contemporary theories of leadership and the traits portrayed by great leaders, great leaders share the below characteristics.
Let's check Arsène on this list
1) They identify as agents of change in their organistaion (Check)
2) They are courageous in their approach (Check)
3) They Believe in people (Check)
4) They are value-driven (Check)
5) They are life-long students (Check)
6) They are able to deal with complexity, ambiguity and adversity in a humble and inspiring way (Check)
7) They are visionaries (Check)

We had a great man at this club. Never forget.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
If there's anyone based in London or visiting, there are 2 big signing books at The Armoury shop by the stadium, for fans to write a message to Wenger, and I understand it will be given to Wenger at the end of the season.

I managed to sign it today and there's alot of lovely messages in there, so if anyone has a chance they can do it too.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Not going to lie, that broke me down to tears. Was filled with waves of nostalgia and respect
Same here. I enjoyed the day up to then, thought it was a very fitting end for the great man. But when he said those words I just felt an enormous sadness knowing it was his last game at the Emirates.

I read one article that said Gordon Strachan once said that a managers legacy is pretty much defined by how many happy memories he gave to his club. And Arsène has provided us fans with so, so many of them. Not just the trophies he has won but just the pride myself and I`m sure many others took in knowing he was ours.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom