• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'm going for Thursday, its like elections, the presses can still run on Fri and then everyone can drown their sorrow over the weekend.

On the other hand, Friday is "news dump day" when things get leaked or announced so there will be a bit less media frenzy about it.

mug2k1

I'm actually warming to the idea of Arteta but only if they then go out and hire a load of elite coaches to work alongside him. He'll be the head coach but he'll also have a defensive coach and an attacking coach (maybe Buvac) etc. Do such coaching structures exist in football?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Appointing Arteta just wouldn't make sense from the perspective of the board. They're getting rid of Wenger because we've fallen behind in the league/not making top 4 and fans have started staying away, yet they'll appoint someone where there's a very high chance he doesn't improve on what Arsène was doing. The quickest way to go back to empty seats and a bad mood around the club is for the **** results to continue and that's far more likely to happen employing a novice.

If you appoint Allegri and he has a slow start the fans will expect him to turn it around because of his previous and they can't complain about the appointment because they went out and got the best man. You won't get that appointing Arteta.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I'm actually warming to the idea of Arteta but only if they then go out and hire a load of elite coaches to work alongside him. He'll be the head coach but he'll also have a defensive coach and an attacking coach (maybe Buvac) etc. Do such coaching structures exist in football?

No. This isn't the NFL.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Personally, I think the board would be better off hiring Nagelsmann instead of Arteta.

There seems to be a lot of negativity from the fans surrounding Arteta taking over (not that the board care about what the fans think) but I could see them turning on him during the season if and when results don't go our way. It all stems from his lack of experience as a manager.

With Nagelsmann, some of the fans don't know a lot about him. So, I think they would be willing to give him more time than Arteta especially since he's managed before. The fans would have just heard good things about his experience in Germany therefore there would be an element of surprise. I'm sure he's not earning a lot at Hoffenheim, so it's another plus for the board. Nagelsmann definitely fits the criteria of the new manager Gazidis mentioned a few weeks ago.

I think it all depends on whether Nagelsmann would want to leave Hoffenheim.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Appointing Arteta just wouldn't make sense from the perspective of the board. They're getting rid of Wenger because we've fallen behind in the league/not making top 4 and fans have started staying away, yet they'll appoint someone where there's a very high chance he doesn't improve on what Arséne was doing. The quickest way to go back to empty seats and a bad mood around the club is for the **** results to continue and that's far more likely to happen employing a novice.

If you appoint Allegri and he has a slow start the fans will expect him to turn it around because of his previous and they can't complain about the appointment because they went out and got the best man. You won't get that appointing Arteta.

It does make sense if you listened to what Gazidis was saying in regards to how they want to move the club forward, emphasis on a young manager, progressive football and youth development. I think there are other options out there who fit all that but maybe they're not available for whatever reason.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The more I read the opposition forums, the more I sense their fear if we sign Allegri.

Get Massimo onboard and give him at least 100m to spend on signings, specifically at keeper, defense and at the base of midfield. Our attack is good enough in my opinion.

If Gazidis is so in love with Arteta, let him sign him on as a head coach, he would definitely add to our attacking style.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Also people have to remember, Arteta isn't really replacing Wenger as it'll be an entirely different setup to the one Wenger had were he was in full control and oversaw absolutely everything. Now with Raul, Sven and potential new coaches coming Arteta will be given a lot of different tools to succeed. It's a very modern approach.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The more I read the opposition forums, the more I sense their fear if we sign Allegri.

It's makes too much sense that it won't happen.

One thing that confuses me is that if we're so keen on Arteta taking over now and he's so highly rated here, why didn't Gazidis do all he could to offer him a role as head coach before he left for Man City?

Preacher

Always Crying
Also people have to remember, Arteta isn't really replacing Wenger as it'll be an entirely different setup to the one Wenger had were he was in full control and oversaw absolutely everything. Now with Raul, Sven and potential new coaches coming Arteta will be given a lot of different tools to succeed. It's a very modern approach.
And still manager/head coach is the most important piece. If we will choose wrong option, we'll be wasting all new setup.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Anyone have access and can post this?

Blimey he must have took the losses real hard, because I swear just two-three years ago he was an avowed Catholic. Must have been the Welbeck signing being forced on him while he was out there meeting the Pope.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Exactly.
Also, I don't get the 'this isn't NFL' thing - we, again have no clue whatsoever how the team is coached at these clubs.
It is far more likely that Pep, Klopp, Poch and co only do a small peace of the work on the field. They all have a bunch of coaches by their side as well as fitness coaches etc.

It's very likely that there isn't too much of a gap between NFL and football anymore. And certainly it's rather the future than anything else.

For what it's worth, there's also a reason to why Klopp has been raving about Buvac over and over again. Maybe indeed because a huge part of the success is due to him and his work behind the scenes?
Pretty sure most coaches have a few more masterminds that dont get any credit ..

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Exactly.
Also, I don't get the 'this isn't NFL' thing - we, again have no clue whatsoever how the team is coached at these clubs.
It is far more likely that Pep, Klopp, Poch and co only do a small peace of the work on the field. They all have a bunch of coaches by their side as well as fitness coaches etc.

It's very likely that there isn't too much of a gap between NFL and football anymore. And certainly it's rather the future than anything else.

For what it's worth, there's also a reason to why Klopp has been raving about Buvac over and over again. Maybe indeed because a huge part of the success is due to him and his work behind the scenes?
Pretty sure most coaches have a few more masterminds that dont get any credit ..
Yeah and Ferguson was always raving about his coaches. Funny how he kept on consistently winning while all his coaches that left went on to flop. Turns out there might be a big difference between the role of a manager and some random replaceable coach.

Liverpool haven't been doing too badly on the field since Buvac fellout with Klopp either. Gotta think maybe Klopp isn't a total failure that's reliant on a mute for his successes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom