• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arteta would be the strangest appointment of all Arsenals strangest appointments of recent time.

Wenger was plucked from obscurity in Japan, Bolton had only just been promoted to the Premier League club when Bruce Rioch was appointed, while George Graham was managing Millwall when he took over from Don Howe. Even Bertie Mee, the manager of the 1970/71 double winning team, was promoted from the position of club Physio

:lol::lol::lol:

Club is as crazy as anything you’d call crazy one of them thin line between insanity and genius Scenarios

That’s quality :lol:

AVENTUS

https://www.arsenal.com/news/features/20140522/-i-am-so-proud-to-be-part-of-this-club-

Good interview: What Arteta said about club management in 2014.

So let’s imagine that you take over Mikel Arteta FC tomorrow: what will the ideas behind it be?

My philosophy will be clear. I will have everyone 120 per cent committed, that’s the first thing. If not, you don’t play for me. When it’s time to work it’s time to work, and when it’s time to have fun then I’m the first one to do it, but that commitment is vital. Then I want the football to be expressive, entertaining. I cannot have a concept of football where everything is based on the opposition. We have to dictate the game, we have to be the ones taking the initiative, and we have to entertain the people coming to watch us. I’m 100 per cent convinced of those things, and I think I could do it.”

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Would love Arteta to come in. Since Wenger announced he was leaving I’ve had nothing to be angry about and oh boy do I love being angry.

Can’t wait to lose my head and repeatedly clash with my fellow forumers culminating in a temporary ban followed by a permanent IP ban by none other than my eternal nemesis @Aevius. It was always going to end this way bro, we both knew it.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Will be gutted if it is Arteta, but I’m coming to terms with the fact that it probably is. Just want this all to be over now and have an idea of the direction we are going in.

I really don’t know anything about Arteta’s character. Not sure if I’ve repressed memories of the banter years. For an ex-captain, I have absolutely no feelings towards him.

AVENTUS

We’ve heard the news on Mass Allegri pledging future to Juventus on various media outlets.

Will I stay at Juve? Yes. I have a contract to honour.

"If they don't sack me, I'll stay at Juventus next year too."

I can really see Arteta happening now. Praying this works out could be genius decision

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Top post bro. WOBs already telling everybody who they're not supporting. They need to behave :lol:
:lol::lol::lol: So it's not 3 years over £100m+ . And you meant spend using sales, not 'after sales' which is net spend.

I'll wait for your apology. Now behave.
I don’t think you realise just how much damage you’ve caused on this place. Actually I think you do, and you love it you monster.

In both cases you knew exactly what you were doing, and I’m probably going to find more while I continue this marathon catch up. What’s wrong with you? Why are you like this? I’m laughing but it’s not funny. :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Aevi

Hale End FC
Would love Arteta to come in. Since Wenger announced he was leaving I’ve had nothing to be angry about and oh boy do I love being angry.

Can’t wait to lose my head and repeatedly clash with my fellow forumers culminating in a temporary ban followed by a permanent IP ban by none other than my eternal nemesis @Aevius. It was always going to end this way bro, we both knew it.
Should we bother prolonging the inevitable? I'd be happy to save you the trouble ;)

Jaw dropping utterly inspiring coaching performance. Such good coaching my balls are tingling. Appoint this man immediately.

Edit: My mistake. I meant to say he sounds like an uninspiring boring bastard who is also unqualified for the role.

Stannis

We’ve heard the news on Mass Allegri pledging future to Juventus on various media outlets.

Will I stay at Juve? Yes. I have a contract to honour.

"If they don't sack me, I'll stay at Juventus next year too."

I can really see Arteta happening now. Praying this works out could be genius decision

giphy.gif

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
**** like this really pisses me off. We stood by Ramsey through thick and thin, and he potentially might shaft us by running down his contract. Why can't he just sign an extension on improved terms and we sell him getting us the maximum fee possible? He owes us that much at least.

I'm with you as a fan...but as a player a new contract puts you into a worse negotiating position. You're on higher wages and your contract runs longer, which makes you less attainable/attractive. It's not random most players, as loyal as they are, never extend contracts before leaving. We fans think it's the easy and thankful way to do, but it basically takes you off the market if you're not a cunning snake like Cesc. I've actually never heard of an instance in which a player extends just so his current club can reign in a bigger fee.

And I don't want to defend Ramsey, I want him to stay on and captain this side to glory, but if he leaves I can kinda understand it from a player's view. Scored massively important goals to win FA cups, has been one of the better players in recent years and still he gets mostly abuse by the fans for whatever reasons, which are mostly down to how Wenger wanted him/the team to play. He's in the prime of his career, turns 28 this year, is - if healthy - one of the standout CMs of the league, lauded by british legends like Lampard and Gerrard as exactly that, and he's only got 3 FA cups, 2 Community Shields and an EC semi final with a fringe nation to show for it.
Then there's the question of whether it was the club who was loyal to him throughout his injury plagued career or Wenger, who is now gone. Add to that the butchers in Arsenal's medical staff. Knowing about them I wouldn't let them touch my pinky finger.
He is the last one I want to leave Arsenal, he's even our most senior player right now, but I could understand if he did it.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
@Toby Andrl

Just look at the German Transfer Arsenal Forum and you will know, who was our preferred replacement for Wenger. (If you haven't done yet).

Mislintat knew, that it was nearly impossible, but at least he tried. Looks like Mislintat & Co. have a match philosophy for this team/squad and they will try to find the right trainer for this. Nr.1 wasn't available yet - so we will have the next one.

They surely had many conversations with possible coaches and it looks like, that Arteta can fulfill this plan to play.
He has to bring it on the pitch.

That's why we are already working on transfers - even without the manager. Mislintat, Sanllehi and Gazidis are working on the components and the coach has to build it together.

It could be close to Red Bull Leipzigs physolophy in the future. Rangnick is creating the plan and then he will serach coaches which are fitting into this philosophy.

Of course Arteta hasn't much experience, but nobody from us had conversations with him "about training a football club like Arsenal." - maybe he fits perfectly into this plan with his ideas, we don't know yet.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Bit strange though that the only two serious options mentioned so far seem to be Allegri or Arteta. Such a drastic difference between the two. Anyway I imagine with Allegri now probably bowing out someone else will take his place in the rumour mill. Have to say though, watching Arteta destroy the big boys like this, can't wait for next season :drool:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
@Toby Andrl

Just look at the German Transfer Arsenal Forum and you will know, who was our preferred replacement for Wenger. (If you haven't done yet).

Mislintat knew, that it was nearly impossible, but at least he tried. Looks like Mislintat & Co. have a match philosophy for this team/squad and they will try to find the right trainer for this. Nr.1 wasn't available yet - so we will have the next one.

They surely had many conversations with possible coaches and it looks like, that Arteta can fulfill this plan to play.
He has to bring it on the pitch.

That's why we are already working on transfers - even without the manager. Mislintat, Sanllehi and Gazidis are working on the components and the coach has to build it together.

It could be close to Red Bull Leipzigs physolophy in the future. Rangnick is creating the plan and then he will serach coaches which are fitting into this philosophy.

Of course Arteta hasn't much experience, but nobody from us had conversations with him "about training a football club like Arsenal." - maybe he fits perfectly into this plan with his ideas, we don't know yet.

I'm trying to answer this by paragraphs.

I'm only on this forum. So I haven't got any info on what's being said on german Arsenal forums. If it's as interesting as you say, why don't you share it?

You're surely indicating Nagelsmann. We german football fans know he's staying. But that doesn't mean the only option left is Arteta. There's exciting, somewhat proven guys all around the world.

I agree. If it's Mikel, he has to get the horse powers to work on the pitch.

We are nowhere close to Red Bull. They are led by Rangnick, one of (german) footballs great visionaries, not Ivan Gazidis. And you, as a german football fan, should know better than anyone that strong presidents or DoFs will strenghten the club, but in no way guarntee success.

say yes

forum master baiter
**** like this really pisses me off. We stood by Ramsey through thick and thin, and he potentially might shaft us by running down his contract. Why can't he just sign an extension on improved terms and we sell him getting us the maximum fee possible? He owes us that much at least.

Would you renew at a club that just hired Mikel Arteta as their new manager? I wouldn’t.

say yes

forum master baiter
One of the worst things about signing Arteta is that it means that Chris Mular account is actually legit. Seems an insufferable **** but he’s been banging on the ‘Arteta to replace Wenger’ drum for months now.

Explains why @Tir Na Nog has been so prepared for our new reality. He cycled through the 5 stages of grief months ago.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

You just have to laugh if we do actually hire him though. He’s theoretically the absolute worst appointment we could make.

Anyone with any experience of managing a professional football team is, on paper, a better appointment than Arteta. Let that sink in. :lol:

I’d rather hire Darren Moore ffs. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom