• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Twitter ITK Banning Thread

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

See, this is what he does. He picks up things on the internet and passes them off as though he has inside information. Just days before his tweet, there had been articles about Rainieri being back at his London apartment and having been spotted at some games. Leicester was coming off a 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Crystal Palace and speculation of Puel's sacking was rampant. West Ham fans were calling for Moyes to be sacked and there were already reports that Pellegrini was being lined up to replace him. :lol::lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@StatLad and the Arsenal chimp

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

This is a prime example of how ITKs work. Can't see how anyone can actually believe them.

Arsenal have been strongly linked to Sokratis and Lichtsteiner. So there's two transfers already. Both are reported being worked on for weeks, so it's more likely they'll be wrapped up sooner than later, so you pick a random short term time frame. End of the week, next week, 10 days, whatever. Staying a little vague helps you if this ends up being slightly off. 'Cause of additional links and for good measure you add a third transfer on top of it.

So, if things happen as everyone expects as it's been widely known for weeks, and Sokratis and Lichtsteiner sign in the next two weeks, you can go out and say "look I was right with two transfers, the third one fell through for reasons, trust me". Nonsense.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

This is a prime example of how ITKs work. Can't see how anyone can actually believe them.

Arsenal have been strongly linked to Sokratis and Lichtsteiner. So there's two transfers already. Both are reported being worked on for weeks, so it's more likely they'll be wrapped up sooner than later, so you pick a random short term time frame. End of the week, next week, 10 days, whatever. Staying a little vague helps you if this ends up being slightly off. 'Cause of additional links and for good measure you add a third transfer on top of it.

So, if things happen as everyone expects as it's been widely known for weeks, and Sokratis and Lichtsteiner sign in the next two weeks, you can go out and say "look I was right with two transfers, the third one fell through for reasons, trust me". Nonsense.

"Expect some transfer activity over the next 10 days."

Really going out on a limb there. Although, it's been 10 days since that tweet and still nothing finalized. :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Don't want them banned but these news aggregator accounts like Arsenic, OsmanTheGooner and LTArsenal are the worst. Link us to every player under the sun no matter how tenuous which leads to the meltdown of the most emotionally incontinent fan base in the league.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Don't want them banned but these news aggregator accounts like Arsenic, OsmanTheGooner and LTArsenal are the worst. Link us to every player under the sun no matter how tenuous which leads to the meltdown of the most emotionally incontinent fan base in the league.

I actually like those accounts because they aren't pretending to have some inside scoop on anything or making up a bunch of crap. They just tweet articles they find. I actually find that quite helpful. Instead of wasting time searching out every source myself, they serve as a good aggregator of what's out there and do the legwork for me. Also, they give you the gist of articles in foreign languages. I find Arsenic, especially, to be invaluable. The articles they share may be of varying quality, but that's part of the deal. That I can sort out for myself.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I actually like those accounts because they aren't pretending to have some inside scoop on anything or making up a bunch of crap. They just tweet articles they find. I actually find that quite helpful. Instead of wasting time searching out every source myself, they serve as a good aggregator of what's out there and do the legwork for me. Also, they give you the gist of articles in foreign languages. I find Arsenic, especially, to be invaluable. The articles they share may be of varying quality, but that's part of the deal. That I can sort out for myself.
The problem is they'll present every link as if it's genuine, so when it doesn't happen people will go into meltdown.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The problem is they'll present every link as if it's genuine, so when it doesn't happen people will go into meltdown.

I don't really get that from them (especially Arsenic, although I haven't seen a lot from LTArsenal, so you may be right about them). It's not like they go around retweeting Mular. The stuff they retweet or link are usually from more mainstream sources. I rarely see them linking stuff from the Metro, Daily Express, etc., and when they do they usually have a caveat such as this:

To me, sticking to the more mainstream sources (while still often far off the mark) at least you're avoiding the hoopla of the rags like the Metro, the Arsenal blogs and the Twitterati know-it-alls. Nobody compiling Arsenal news is going to be perfect, but I think at least Arsenic and to a lesser extent Osman do a decent job of it. I have the Arsenal NewsNow feed bookmarked and some of the stuff there could be from some bizarre planet from the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. By having Arsenic's twitter feed bookmarked as well, I save myself a lot of trouble wading through it and weeding it out.

I mean, people are going to overreact to transfer rumors no matter what. I'd rather have them overreact to something from the Telegraph or the Independent or some continental paper such as L'Equipe or Bild than some crap made up by the Daily Express or some rumor pushed by Mular or that Horse dude.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Ivan scarred this kid for life. Beautiful:drool: People are calling him out in the replies, funny read:lol:

Hilarious. But I loved this one lonely holdout in the middle of 130 other replies roasting him. It's like that Japanese soldier found living in the jungles of Guam in 1972 who didn't know World War II had ended. :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom