• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
On a serious note, have we definitly signed all four?

Been on holiday and wondering why these havent been announced if alls complete.

Lichtsteiner -- Done and announced
Sokratis -- Done, but won't be announced until July to help Dortmund with bookkeeping
Torreira -- Basically done, but it's tricky getting things finalized during the World Cup
Leno -- Close, according to multiple sources, and should be finished and announced next week

benjamin86

Established Member
Sokratis -- Done, but won't be announced until July to help Dortmund with bookkeeping
Torreira -- Basically done, but it's tricky getting things finalized during the World Cup
Leno -- Close, according to multiple sources, and should be finished and announced next week
I think Torreira just needs to do medical and then sign the contract?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I think Torreira just needs to do medical and then sign the contract?

Something along those lines, at least. There are reports of them getting it done between games, but they would need the permission of the Uruguay NT. I don't really expect it to be announced until after they're out. But we'll see!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Cheers, I was looking forwards to watching Torreira in th WC but now I'm quite happy he's riding the bench, could do with no last minute bids.

Linson

Goetze ain't a statement of intend but would rather be a very weird signing.

Our strategy in the market hasn't been about signing as many Dortmund players as possible, as has been jokingly stated all around, but fixing our issues in regard to the CB, DM, RB, GK and probably RW position by looking at two main criteria.

Firstly, "character", players/warriors that bring that winning mentality and aggressiveness who can also act as leaders on the pitch (Sokratis, Lichtsteiner,..) and secondly, rather young talented playery who have already shown a decent level, yet are still relatively cheap (once Adli, Torreira).

Goetze would not fit into any of those categories. He's been a player already past his peak with his illness leaving his mark. He ain't fast anymore, he ain't light feet anymore, he is no leader but a player who has to be pushed by his teammates.

It's a sad story but he ain't worth **** anymore. Let him retire early. I'd like to look at his past self once in a while where he's been on a level with Neymar and co, but it just wasn't meant to be for him to carry on

Brutally honest. Tragically real for Goetze.

I'd have murdered a small child for him to play for the club 5 years ago. Such a shame, though he can hold his head high for the career he's had.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

By the time the world cup ends there'll only be 3/4 weeks of the window left. So at least it won't be a drag this summer thanks to the world cup and the early closure of the window. Just hope we can our main business done and have 5/6 players brought in pretty quickly after the world cup ends (or their respective teams eliminated, etc).

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Expecting Leno next week in full, Sokratis announcement come July, Torreira once Uruguay go out of the WC (not the deal itself, but the announcement), and a young attacker during the WC.

Everything else has to wait for after the WC. If the big moves happen, they only will after the respective teams go out of the tournament and the players are back from holiday. Very much expect striker moves this season - can see Lewandowski, Higuain, Morata, Aguero, Cavani all moving and that will start the big business.

Think the club is in for Pavard. If Arsenal really wanted Soyuncu or Diallo, it could've been wrapped up by now or we'd see it done in the near future. Pavard is playing the WC, but the guy the club want, think that's why there are no moves for other CBs. And I feel it hinges on Boateng, cause Bayern will pursue Pavard if he leaves. Expect movement for Arsenal as soon as France go out - either regarding Pavard or Soyuncu or Diallo or another young CB.

The next few weeks might be more about outgoings than signings.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
All sounds very exciting but can't see us moving for a striker unless we sell Lacazette which I don't think is likely or warranted.

And we cannot buy more CBs without shedding at least two players I would think. We have: Koscielny, Mustafi, Chambers, Mavropanos, Sokratis and Holding. Way too many already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom