• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic

Max Meyer on a free is a deal we should go all over.
In a long season we tend to find ourselves using reserves more often than not. Max will add depth in our midfield, providing another creative option. He's a direct Jack replacement, he's young with the potential to be a starter in the future.
Hope the wages issue will be sorted, it's a bargain.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
He isn't the type of midfielder we need. He is basically the same type as AMN. I'd rather give AMN a chance.
Feel the same way about Willock and Elneny. Would rather just sell Elneny to increase the transfer kitty and give Willock his minutes. Willock can easily do what Elneny does and more.

Bergkamp1988

I have to say, I find it quite bewildering that very few people here seem to have much concern about our deficiency (and this is a euphemism) in the winger area.

I understand our midfield needs improving and so does our defence.
With (most likely) Torreira and Sokratis coming. I believe part of the problem is fixed. I understand as well, that some might feel that, ideally, we should be hiring 2 DCs and 2 CMs.

But.... Here is our list of CMs / AttaquingCMs:

Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Maitland Niles..... That's 7.

We could argue about some of those players capicity to play on the wings, but we know their best / natural position is in the center.

Now here is our list of wingers:

..... No surprise here. We have none.

In the past year we've sold Alexis Walcott and Chamberlain. We have not recruited a new winger since.

It is going to be a huge tactical issue. And the truth is we don't need just one but 2 new signings in that area.

Our lack of concern concerns me.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I have to say, I find it quite bewildering that very few people here seem to have much concern about our deficiency (and this is a euphemism) in the winger area.

I understand our midfield needs improving and so does our defence.
With (most likely) Torreira and Sokratis coming. I believe part of the problem is fixed. I understand as well, that some might feel that, ideally, we should be hiring 2 DCs and 2 CMs.

But.... Here is our list of CMs / AttaquingCMs:

Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Maitland Niles..... That's 7.

We could argue about some of those players capicity to play on the wings, but we know their best / natural position is in the center.

Now here is our list of wingers:

..... No surprise here. We have none.

In the past year we've sold Alexis Walcott and Chamberlain. We have not recruited a new winger since.

It is going to be a huge tactical issue. And the truth is we don't need just one but 2 new signings in that area.

Our lack of concern concerns me.

We have 4 very attacking full backs. If you get the midfield right you can let the full backs play high up the pitch and provide the width.

Bergkamp1988

We have 4 very attacking full backs. If you get the midfield right you can let the full backs play high up the pitch and provide the width.

That is a way of cowering out of the issue.

Full backs are not wingers. They don't have the technical capacity, the attacking freedom, the eye for goal etc.

If we play a 4 3 3 or a 4 2 3 1. We are going to need at least one winger. And we'll have to tolerate Mkhy, Özil welbeck or Auba playing on the other wing.

We could play a 4 1 2 1 2 narrow and let the full backs play with more attacking freedom. But that can not be our only tactic.

If we want tactical options we are going to need some wingers. There is no arguing about that.

And I hope to god we don't play a 3 4 3 or any of these ugly 3CBs formations. It is a disgraceful fad that needs to come to an end.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Its such a easy position to identify talent & sign. Especially at the level we are now shopping at.

Makes sense to get the other positions filled first & even wait to see if an higher tier wide player becomes available as the big boys make their moves in the window. Who knows maybe a Martial, Carrasco, Willian etc become a viable option.

Bergkamp1988

Its such a easy position to identify talent & sign. Especially at the level we are now shopping at.

Makes sense to get the other positions filled first & even wait to see if an higher tier wide player becomes available as the big boys make their moves in the window. Who knows maybe a Martial, Carrasco, Willian etc become a viable option.

Well. If that is our strategy and we're able to get a good signing out of it. I won't complain.

But we are "filling up" positions that are already filled. So my logic would be to rather fill up the empty spots first...

I think that a new CB is the major priority since Koscielny has left an empty spot.

The next priority should be a winger for the obvious reason. We have none.

Then comes midfield. Our midfield is actually quite descent as it is. Although I won't argue it could use some improvement.

Shaquiri could go for 8 - 12M. That could be a good start. Then we can wait for the last days of the window to scrap off the big boys.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
With AC Milan banned from Europe, Bonnucci is apparently available. If so, is he a better option than Benatia?
No. Got found out big time at AC Milan. He was absolutely awful for most of the season and then recovered somewhat at the end but it's clear that he was being made to look better than he actually is in that 3 with Barzagli and Chiellini. I would be very concerned with him in England.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
No. Got found out big time at AC Milan. He was absolutely awful for most of the season and then recovered somewhat at the end but it's clear that he was being made to look better than he actually is in that 3 with Barzagli and Chiellini. I would be very concerned with him in England.
I noticed him playing below par but assumed that was mostly due to the decline of Milan. None of the CB rumours are uplifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom