• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Do you reckon we could still make an opportunistic signing, even though with Torreira and Guendouzi we are supposed to be done per Ornstein?

On the other hand, we still haven't sold anyone and I expect we will.

I don’t think opportunistic signings will be a thing for us anymore. We seem to have had a clear plan for this summer and identified what the squad needs and signed our targets. If they sell a few players like Welbeck and Perez then I expect we will target a wide player, or if they decide to sell Monreal they’ll sign a replacement. But I don’t expect any more Özil type signings where someone suddenly becomes available and we sign them just because.

Taxi Driver

I don’t think opportunistic signings will be a thing for us anymore. We seem to have had a clear plan for this summer and identified what the squad needs and signed our targets. If they sell a few players like Welbeck and Perez then I expect we will target a wide player, or if they decide to sell Monreal they’ll sign a replacement. But I don’t expect any more Özil type signings where someone suddenly becomes available and we sign them just because.

I meant it more in the way of: "Our plan for the summer is now complete, but should an opportunity to sign an exceptional player in a position we need to strengthen arise, we'll pounce on it". That is, we currently don't have any other clear targets.

Ornstein made it clear we're done in this window, hence my question.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This Ronaldo move could open things up massively. If it meant us making an opportunistic signing, will be overjoyed

I'm happy with our business this year (yes I'm including keeping Özil and adding Mkhi, PEA and Mavrapanos).

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I never get the 'our business is done' statements, I assume this only applies to 'planned' business, seems kind of stupid to close up shop when the window is still wide open and massive moves are about too happen.

Have also always wondered if this is another standard Arsenal ploy to make us look less interested if we were to approach a player, like we are in a passable situation when negotiating to try force lower fee's; 'meh, thats 5mil too much we'll pass', especially when the big fees are about to happen.

Personally happy with the window so far however do feel a wide man or LB would be of huge benefit.

Would love a high potential young player in either of those positions.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd like to see a bit of a fire sale now. Way too many players on the books stealing a living.

Ospina - £6M
Damien Martinez - Another loan?
Jenkinson - £2M
Reine Adelaide - loan
Joel Campbell - £5M
Akpom - £3M
Monreal - £5M

Sign a young left back and maybe an opportunistic deal for a talented attacker. Job done.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'd like to see a bit of a fire sale now. Way too many players on the books stealing a living.

Ospina - £6M
Emiliano Martinez - Another loan?
Jenkinson - £2M
Reine Adelaide - loan
Joel Campbell - £5M
Akpom - £3M
Monreal - £5M

Sign a young left back and maybe an opportunistic deal for a talented attacker. Job done.
Emiliano, not Damien.

No need to sell Monreal yet. And if Lopez is good enough, he could take his place in the squad in 1-2 years time.

But I agree with the rest. Even could argue for putting Welbeck and Elneny on it and loaning Iwobi as well. Use the money and saved wages on a true winger.

Last edited:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Ospina - £6M
Damien Martinez - Another loan?
Jenkinson - £2M
Reine Adelaide - loan
Joel Campbell - £5M
Akpom - £3M
Monreal - £5M

I agree with that but at the same time its too much change imo

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Only thing I would like to see us do now is sell Welbeck, Campbell and Perez and buy a winger. I have a feeling Emery will keep Perez though.

Preacher

Always Crying
Now first job should be selling of Mustafi and then buying new CB, who could play with Sokratis in the starting line-up, ideally he should be LCB.

I just can't imagine Mustafi and Sokratis as a pair. They're too similar players. Both front-foot aggressive defenders, who like rash challenges, both prefer to play on the right side of the central defence. Sokratis just does everything at the higher level than Mustafi.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Emiliano, not Darmien.

No need to sell Monreal yet. And if Lopez is good enough, he could take his place in the squad in 1-2 years time.

But I agree with the rest. Even could argue for putting Welbeck and Elneny on it and loaning Iwobi as well. Use the money and saved wages on a true winger.

His first name is Damien :lol:

We aren't going to get rid of any players Emery feels he can work with, pretty much the whole squad barring the ones I mentioned.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

It was needed though!
Im not denying that but say we signed a new winger and cb or Lb, that be potentially 10 players in 6 months. No other big club has done that. With all this change i hope we get off to a good start and the fans are patient.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
His first name is Damien :lol:

We aren't going to get rid of any players Emery feels he can work with, pretty much the whole squad barring the ones I mentioned.
Huh. Always thought it was Emiliano. It's always been listed that way anyways. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom