• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

**** sorry guys, post messed up.. Here's the line up I want

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Leno
Stevehan - Mustafi - Sokratis - Welbeck
Torreira - Ramsey - Xhaka
Özil
Aubameyang - Lacazette​
Shouldn’t rush Wevra in too soon imo. Needs to be eased in after all those training matches behind closed doors against Russian farmer teams during WC.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
This is going to be a tough season. United, Sp**s and Chelsea all win, 2 of them playing away.

Be well pleased if we could get a draw out of this game.
Tbh none of those three looked good. Specially the Spuds, I thought Newcastle was unlucky not to get anything from it. Chelsea do seem like they could kick on though, new manager and without Hazard but still managed to get a rood result despite the mediocre performance.

My worry for us is that despite the hype, we've had a pretty meh summer. Specially if Cech is going to continue being our number 1, which I think is definitely on the cards. So we are banking on an average defender and a untested kid to seriously shore up our defense. The rest will just have to depend on how good a manager Emery is and how much more he can get out of our players who definitely under performed the last two years.

So I'm still quite confident we should be able to get top four or at least CL through Europa, but increasingly less so as time goes on. Hoping Emery and the team surprise me, starting by fielding a good team.

Axel9090

This is going to be a tough season. United, Sp**s and Chelsea all win, 2 of them playing away.

Be well pleased if we could get a draw out of this game.
Id bite the hand off that offered me a draw tbh.

Anyway I expected all of those teams to win their fixtures. Huddersfield arent really that strong and Leicester werent full strength either in Manchester.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People playing AMN/Welbeck/Doozy.

We're playing Man City, not Plymouth.:confused:

Also, Sane v/s Lichtsteiner is not a good idea.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Monreal will start. As he is pictured right there. Cech will start and I've no concerns about that. His jersey to lose and shows enough respect from Emery simply not to bin him.
I cannot see Ramsey in that picture although there is someone behind Welbeck so could be him.

Last season is done. The slate is clean. This is a new era. We face one of the most dangerous teams in world football. A team that broke all sorts of records and ultimately broke our manager. While the slate is clean we need to be mindful of that. And the players need to show much more than they did last time we played City. Simply put a performance like that is not acceptable. Losing is fine. But the performance, the character all need to be different.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tbh none of those three looked good. Specially the Spuds, I thought Newcastle was unlucky not to get anything from it. Chelsea do seem like they could kick on though, new manager and without Hazard but still managed to get a rood result despite the mediocre performance.

My worry for us is that despite the hype, we've had a pretty meh summer. Specially if Cech is going to continue being our number 1, which I think is definitely on the cards. So we are banking on an average defender and a untested kid to seriously shore up our defense. The rest will just have to depend on how good a manager Emery is and how much more he can get out of our players who definitely under performed the last two years.

So I'm still quite confident we should be able to get top four or at least CL through Europa, but increasingly less so as time goes on. Hoping Emery and the team surprise me, starting by fielding a good team.
Top teams grinding out results at the start of the season when you’re not quite in your stride, players aren’t back from summer comps and lower teams are filled with new optimism are hard earned points that count big in the end.

We’ll see how Pool do today but still got a feeling that this season will be a slug fest at the top with City not finding it quite so easy.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Think I'll have to buy a sky day pass, cant risk a sh1t stream to see our first PL game under Emery.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I watched one of the latest 'behind the scenes' video on Arsenal.com, think it was in Bellerin's interview section, and there's a part where they are doing a simple in and out of poles agility drill and the assistant coach is shouting 'winning mentality, winning mentality'. I really think this is being drilled into the boys and I just want to see the lads play with passion and for the badge on their shirt. Last season against the big teams it's as if we went in knowing we'd lose, I hope that's different today. Come on Arsenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom