• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | August 12th, 2018 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linson

Shouldn’t rush Wevra in too soon imo. Needs to be eased in after all those training matches behind closed doors against Russian farmer teams during WC.

Right.
Who is Stevehan? Who is Wevra? And why is welbeck playing LB? Am I in the twilight zone?

What the **** is going on here!?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
This is going to be a tough season. United, Sp**s and Chelsea all win, 2 of them playing away.

Be well pleased if we could get a draw out of this game.

To be fair, any of those could have got a draw or worse with only Chelsea really being relatively comfortable.

Sp**s could easily have lost.

I know we are talking about playing clever and getting a result but it wasn't totally in their hand, it could easily have gone wrong for them

Haven't seen anything frightening as of yet. But the two best clubs in England based on last season haven't played yet, of course.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Some people are always talking about pace when coming up against players like Sane & Sterling. Wasn’t Bellerín caught out of position by Sane last season against City at the Etihad?

Bellerín is definitely faster than Lichsteiner but positioning is the most important thing when playing in that position.

Did some people forget when Maldini came up against a pacey Overmars?

Bellerin was having all sorts of problems with Hudson-Odoi in that preseason game. It wasn't, obviously, because he lacked the pace. A slightly more polished player such as Sane is an even tougher challenge. So Bellerin needs to be better or Lichtsteiner needs to play.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Why don't you go troll somewhere else .
You can make that happen you know...

tenor.gif

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We like to think this but rarely is the first week ever indicative of anything. To review...

Last year AFC won epl opener, a rare instance and one of their better week1 starts over the past decade, and also went on to have their worst season in 20 years.

2015-16 on the other hand we had an awful start, losing 2-0 vs West Ham. Went onto our record highest finish in years.

The year in between we were thrashed v LFC in first game and picked up a key injury. Nothing was out of the realm of possibility until in mid October when we thrashed CFC so bad they didn't even come out the 2nd half. CFC was devastated, completely redid tactics, and went from 5th to 1st in about 2 months.

Points are points and results are results but the idea of a hard correlation beyond goodteamsshouldbeatlesserteams is a bit extreme.
Without trawling through early results for the top 6 teams over the years it’s hard for me to refute what you’re saying.

But common sense tells me that lower teams have a better chance if they meet them in the first couple of games because a) the top 6 usually have more players returning late from the summer internationals and b) morale for the lower teams is usually higher having not suffered any defeats yet.

United, Chelsea and Sp**s didn’t play particular well this weekend, but they managed to win somehow and those extra couple of points might count if the season is very tight.

Ashybashy86

Not sure Bellerín should start, but most likely will. Lichtsteiner's not as fast, but positions himself better, defends and crosses better. Either way, I hope the team defend as a unit.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
To be fair, any of those could have got a draw or worse with only Chelsea really being relatively comfortable.

Sp**s could easily have lost.

I know we are talking about playing clever and getting a result but it wasn't totally in their hand, it could easily have gone wrong for them

Haven't seen anything frightening as of yet. But the two best clubs in England based on last season haven't played yet, of course.
Yep, They’ve got a few more minutes yet before they appear ;)

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I hope the times of Arsenal ruining my week(end) are over. I can take losing, not winning a trophy, whatever. But the way we were doing it last season made me feel depressed. The Aguero ‘push’ on püssycat Mustafi, Koscielny bottling it against Griezmann, battering United at home but still losing, the many many defensive and goalkeeper mistakes. I hope its finally over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom