• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Token Yank

He goes from misplacing 5 yard passes and controlling the ball like a donkey to hitting the ball on a full volley off the corner and racking up two assists. As mentioned before, he is a moments player. Looks like a headless chicken at times then pulls off some magic. I honestly don’t know what to think of him. For some reason he has always frustrated me. At this point I am just going to give up and see where the chips fall.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He goes from misplacing 5 yard passes and controlling the ball like a donkey to hitting the ball on a full volley off the corner and racking up two assists. As mentioned before, he is a moments player. Looks like a headless chicken at times then pulls off some magic. I honestly don’t know what to think of him. For some reason he has always frustrated me. At this point I am just going to give up and see where the chips fall.

He is moments player in an important position as a consquence we look like a moments team.

scytheavatar

Established Member

He is just one of the many moments players we have in the squad....... it's harder to name those in our squad who is not a moments player. If we want to step up and get to the next level we need to move beyond these players one by one. Do we have the heart to do that?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
found the alternative login ID of @celestis

He is moments player in an important position as a consquence we look like a moments team.

He is just one of the many moments players we have in the squad....... it's harder to name those in our squad who is not a moments player. If we want to step up and get to the next level we need to move beyond these players one by one. Do we have the heart to do that?

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I think people citing "two assists" as evidence of his importance to the team are clutching at straws a touch here.
The first one was a regulation pass made into an assist by a wonderful finish, the second one he nearly fell over and managed to smuggle it a couple of yards to someone in an offside position.
If the linesman had done his job we would be berating Ramsey for messing it up.

Anyway, if we have to play 4231 and Ramsey has to start then he should swap with Özil and play tucked in on the right hand side, similar to Parlour in 97/98.
We're essentially nullifying probably the most creative number ten in the world to accommodate probably the least.

Last edited:

skip spence

Its not a matter of having the heart to let one our very best players leave to bring in even better players. If we were RM or Barcelona or even Man City we could probably replace Aaron with someone better. But it’s not the position we’re in.

Looking at our lineup and backup alternatives I can see many other positions that we should think about improving before Ramsey, one of the best offensive minded midfielders in the PL.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think people citing "two assists" as evidence of his importance to the team are clutching at straws a touch here.
The first one was a regulation pass made into an assist by a wonderful finish, the second one he nearly fell over and managed to smuggle it a couple of yards to someone in an offside position.

Anyway, if we have to play 4231 and Ramsey has to start then he should swap with Özil and play tucked in on the right hand side, similar to Parlour in 97/98.
We're essentially nullifying probably the most creative number ten in the world to accommodate probably the least.

Not to mention reasons for him playing there have to do with him pressing which makes no sense to me. His version of a press is running face on and getting dribbled. For someone who put up the highest tackling stats in a team, his attempts at tackling are shocking. He isn't even trying.

I can't stand watching our team when we don't have the ball seeing Ramsey as our furthest player forward.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Numbers are good, performance has to improve.. Still don't like what Emery is trying to achieve with Ramsey at 10, but we'll see how it looks a bit later in the season(or hopefully he'll change it if the performance doesn't improve).

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Stats can be so misleading. You look at stats and you see he got two assists.

Then you see Lacazette's goal, which is a striker giving you the assist, not you making the goal for him.

And then you see the second where he should have gotten a goal and his assist was a scuffed attempt at doing Ramsey knows what and getting the ball to an offside teammate.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Stats can be so misleading. You look at stats and you see he got two assists.

Then you see Lacazette's goal, which is a striker giving you the assist, not you making the goal for him.

And then you see the second where he should have gotten a goal and his assist was a scuffed attempt at doing Ramsey knows what and getting the ball to an offside teammate.
If we won by more goals I would agree but two even sketchy assists in a two goal win is important.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey did really well here, shielding the defender away, good first touch to set up the pass and passed it on Lacazette's stronger foot giving him the opportunity to finish quickly. That's a good assist.

ThlRama

Player:Saka

Ramsey did really well here, shielding the defender away, good first touch to set up the pass and passed it on Lacazette's stronger foot giving him the opportunity to finish quickly. That's a good assist.

No matter what, now that I watch it again, the first thing that comes into my mind is how well our players managed to mess the defence with their movement and how horrendously Everton handled it by leaving our best finisher totally unmarked. Very difficult to keep track of both Lacazette and Aubameyang to be honest. Oh, and look where Monreal is playing! Unreal by our Spanish fullback/second striker.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Is that all what we expect from a guy that has a free role and can do whatever he want's on the field? 1 assist that looks like a normal pass and the other one that nobody can explain what it actually is.

I won't comment much about key passes end stuff, never really did but I'm quite convinced that this stats are useless after watching Özil's game at the world cup where he made 1 good cross in the whole game but stats were saying that he had something like 7 key passes :D

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If we won by more goals I would agree but two even sketchy assists in a two goal win is important.
Nobody said they weren't important. What they are highlighting is that it wasn't anything special. Neither of those passes was a good pass. Needed? Yes. Irreplaceable? Absolutely not!

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

As I said before, we are not managers but we use logic... then managers says forget that! Logic is so mainstream ... this cool move (hipster) looks better! Özil you will run like an idiot defending and forget about creating football as number 10... we have Ramsey who likes to run at the area!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Balderdash! He passed to his left foot.

This is also a good assist then:

One of improvement you can see from Emery is that our attacking play is more planned. Prove is that our players seems to arrive quicker into the box. Under Wenger where everyone in attack was allowed to express them selves freely you could sometime seen a quick spontaneous attack only resulting in 1 player in the box attacking the ball. Now the other players arrive quicker and we are trying to crowd the penalty box with 4 players to attack the ball.

I think players will benefit from Wenger ideas throughout their career, but I always argued that to go next level the attacks needed to be a little bit more planned and structured. Emery seems to be doing that!

Which leads me to my final point, our attacks are more planned and structured but we still struggle to control the ball in the middle. As soon as we can play out from the back and control the middle third we could become a real force to be reckoned with!

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Balderdash! He passed to his left foot.

This is also a good assist then:

Pass is basic, but everything before that was great.. He played a big part in that goal...

Just because the scorer does the hard part, doesn't mean the action before that can't be good too.

And I know the point you are trying to make with that vid, but that's actually a good pass lol, takes out 3 players and finds Ramsey with lots of space, not as easy pass to see or execute as it looks.. Ramsey obviously makes the most out of it, but Özil did well to set up that chance for him.

This on the other hand is just a basic pass that resulted in an assist, where the passer does nothing special:

I know many will disagree, but for me stuff like this counts as 'good assists' even if the scorer is the one doing the hard part:

Good movement from Cesc and than plays the pass at the right time in the right space to allow Henry to finish on his first touch.

Again pass is basic, but does well to evade the defender and find Nasri in space.

Good overlap and puts the cross in the only area an Arsenal player can reach it.

Might be in the minority and I'm not saying they are great or elite assists lol, but that the part the passer played in those goals are worthy of some praise/recognition..

scytheavatar

Established Member
Its not a matter of having the heart to let one our very best players leave to bring in even better players. If we were RM or Barcelona or even Man City we could probably replace Aaron with someone better. But it’s not the position we’re in.

Looking at our lineup and backup alternatives I can see many other positions that we should think about improving before Ramsey, one of the best offensive minded midfielders in the PL.

Liverpool sold Coutinho and became stronger afterwards..... heck Sp**s struggled for a while after selling Bale but are now better than ever. Will we return to the position where we actually have players that Barca and Madrid will want to poach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom