• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Another strong performance today, could have topped it off with a couple of goals but at least he got an assist for Ozils goal.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If he had scored that 1-on-1, it would have been a fitting reward for all the hard work he does upfront.
Also, his passes on first touch itself have been amazing. They were too quick that the ball is gone before the thought even reaches the defender's brain.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
You and others getting defensive because Giroud was mentioned, I don’t care about Giroud. Don’t understand why he keeps getting mentioned.

A good manager gets a team playing above the sum of their parts and he doesnt do that with France. Losing to Portugal in the final just summed him up really. He’s not making France worse but he’s not making them play anywhere near their potential.

He’s decent at best.
Do you really expect a national team manager to get the players to the next level with 2 months of training a year? :lol:

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
growing on me, great workrate, his link up game is getting better and more creative, he is trying new stuff. Very involved and he created at least 2 clear chances, one of them ended up in a goal.

I still think that under this system is either one of the two.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Seems quicker than last season.
It was because he was carrying an injury while playing. People tend to forget this.

Same with Özil, Cazorla and even Koscielny... They all played through injury and people tend to overlook this when assessing their respective seasons (i.e. didn't happen all at once, but both Özil and Lacazette played through injury in the same season - 2017/18 IIRC).

OSBK

Established Member
He made up half of his missed chances with that assist for Özil.

Great workrate, great determination, great pashun. This lad is legit.

His hold up play is outstanding, ball retention and chasing back is top drawer. He plays with passion and never gives him, love this guy

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Favourite player this season. You can afford him his mistakes because he fights so hard for 90 mins, and it does have end product. He is so dogged that he keeps winning the ball so high up. He essentially caused aubas goal vs Everton... Got a great assist today.

I was sitting there getting irritated by Tony Gales commentary that ultimately suggested we were weak arsenal, vs tough Watford, and we need Deeney so much. Meanwhile Lacazette is physically keeping their defence at bay with excellent protection of the ball, great balance and technique under pressure.

Hes a real fighter, and it's going to take a lot of time for rest of the league to realise we are not lightweight up top. I'm going to enjoy it.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
His hold up play is outstanding, ball retention and chasing back is top drawer. He plays with passion and never gives him, love this guy

Immense strength mate. Never thought he had it in him. Maybe that's why he didn't go down and buy that penner :lol:

Preacher

Always Crying
Welcome to the fan club new members. At the beginning there were not many of us. Now looks like that we'll need to upgrade our bandwagon, because it's becoming to crowded:lol:

india_travel_tips__trains_and_buses_hzl.jpg

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Rightly or wrongly refs are now conditioned to only give a penalty when a player goes down. It’s kind of an “unofficial understanding”.

While it’s truly commendable for Laca to stay on his feet I fear the net result for us will be dropped points.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

growing on me, great workrate, his link up game is getting better and more creative, he is trying new stuff. Very involved and he created at least 2 clear chances, one of them ended up in a goal.

I still think that under this system is either one of the two.

Yup agree there can only be one .

eyoba

Favourite player this season. You can afford him his mistakes because he fights so hard for 90 mins, and it does have end product. He is so dogged that he keeps winning the ball so high up. He essentially caused aubas goal vs Everton... Got a great assist today.

I was sitting there getting irritated by Tony Gales commentary that ultimately suggested we were weak arsenal, vs tough Watford, and we need Deeney so much. Meanwhile Lacazette is physically keeping their defence at bay with excellent protection of the ball, great balance and technique under pressure.

Hes a real fighter, and it's going to take a lot of time for rest of the league to realise we are not lightweight up top. I'm going to enjoy it.
Ya. It seemed like the commentator hated us and he said Lucas fouled Deeny in our penalty area when Deeny run through Lucas when he was making a clearance. I was so annoyed and thought it was Owen.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Ya. It seemed like the commentator hated us and he said Lucas fouled Deeny in our penalty area when Deeny run through Lucas when he was making a clearance. I was so annoyed and thought it was Owen.

There’s a current thread an reddit titled “Tony Gale should never be allowed to commentate on an Arsenal game again”

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
For all the praise I would like to see him go on a run of scoring now as he did at Lyon.

Not convinced averaging a goal every 220+ minutes is good enough to keep Aubameyang wider. Especially when the team is not really firing but grinding out wins.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
For all the praise I would like to see him go on a run of scoring now as he did at Lyon.

Not convinced averaging a goal every 220+ minutes is good enough to keep Aubameyang wider. Especially when the team is not really firing but grinding out wins.
This doesn't depend only on him, our attack is not fluid at the moment and we have hard time creating chances. For now, our creative midfield department struggles to provide chances for him and I don't think he will hit big numbers for that reason. I'm not that concerned about stats so I can appreciate his contribution even without him being top scorer.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Not convinced averaging a goal every 220+ minutes is good enough to keep Aubameyang wider.
Auba can't hold the ball, his link up play is considerably poorer, his defensive contributions are close to none and overall his form in this season so far has been ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom