• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: How Good Can He Become?

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Was quite impressed with Saka. He showed a willingness to take players on in contrast to Reiss Nelson who doesn’t seem to have transferred that (not yet anyway) from youth football to the seniors.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was quite impressed with Saka. He showed a willingness to take players on in contrast to Reiss Nelson who doesn’t seem to have transferred that (not yet anyway) from youth football to the seniors.

How can you compare him to Nelson after one appearance? Nobody’s paying attention to Saka’s flaws because they’ve seen so little of him. Nelson was the same in pre season last year, if not better but then got deployed as a utility wingback.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Encouraging debut, should get another chance in the FA Cup against L1 or non-league opposition.

m-due

He carried himself very well with that post match interview. A mature lad! The sky is the limit for him.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Was more impressed by him than Willock who I just don’t see making it here.

It’s encouraging to see him taking players on even after he failed a couple of times. It shows it’s part of his natural game and a testiment of confidence in his own ability.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
How can you compare him to Nelson after one appearance? Nobody’s paying attention to Saka’s flaws because they’ve seen so little of him. Nelson was the same in pre season last year, if not better but then got deployed as a utility wingback.
They are both talented but Saka (and Amaechi) has advantage over Nelson in terms of dribbling and that is something that is desperately needed in the first team.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
They are both talented but Saka (and Amaechi) has advantage over Nelson in terms of dribbling and that is something that is desperately needed in the first team.
You sure? They have only played against kids. You cant really judge anyones ability untill they have played against real opposition. They might be able to dribble vs 17 year old kids that most likely wont make it but that is very different to dribble vs professional footballers.

I have not watched nelson very much but people say he at least was good dribbler when we became comfortable with the level he played at.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Feels like it's been ages since we've seen a player of his ilk in our team. Tricky dribbler with more speed about him than the likes of Mkhi and Iwobi. He needs to put chances away though, it doesn't get much easier than the one he nailed the keeper with at the end of the game. Hopefully he does better as he plays more and gets comfortable on bigger stages.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You sure? They have only played against kids. You cant really judge anyones ability untill they have played against real opposition. They might be able to dribble vs 17 year old kids that most likely wont make it but that is very different to dribble vs professional footballers.

I have not watched nelson very much but people say he at least was good dribbler when we became comfortable with the level he played at.

Exactly. Ridiculous. Quincy such an explosive talent at the same age - he was toe to toe with Messi for player of the tournament but we learnt the difference between them when we saw them against good defenders though. Having the ability to dribble is one thing. Anticipating what defenders and your teammates are going to do when you have the ball is something entirely different.

Reiss still has that hurdle to overcome himself let alone Saka. I think sometimes it's the void that creates the excitement because we haven't had a direct dribbler for so long, but he's under the right coach. I hope he does make it.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

His football index value is already at 2.86. Only arrived on the market today at 2.20.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

I was sure that Aliadiere would be the next Henry and Fran Merida would be better than Fabregas, so in the end you can never be sure about this things.
My opinion is based only on a couple of games that I can watch from academy, and for me, Nelson, ESR and Nketiah are blessed with good movement, understanding of the game and technique while Amaechi and Saka are more raw with focus on pace and dribbling. I wouldn't say that Nelson can't dribble, but Saka and Amaechi are just natural dribblers.

For me, Saka should be trained as a Marcelo type of LB from where he could get more easily into the first and become a great player.

Malky

Established Member
Really exciting prospect, looks like a genuine star in the making.
Hopefully Saka, Nelson and ESR will all fulfill their massive potential!

Agree with others, I've not been impressed with Willock, but still early yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom