• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez: Returning to Barcelona after injury

marting

It's just the optimist in me mate. I seriously think every decision we made this January to an extent is the correct one.

- We really wanted Perisic but Inter didn't budge, even after he handed in a transfer request. I am so surprised they didn't let him go and I am sure Raul is as well. They are now stuck with an even more de-motivated player and we were the only chance they'd ever get £35 million for him since we offered to agree to it but with an option, they won't get near that next summer.

- We didn't really want Carrasco which is why we offered so little for him and as David said didn't push for him, we could of got him imo but I think he was there to try and get Inter to budge on Perisic.

- Suarez, perfect deal and went exactly to plan. We didn't budge, they eventually did, signed him up to a new contract to save value and let him join us with the option, if we say no at the end someone else will pay that. He's also a good player and may easily be worth more than his current value at the end of this season, win win for Arsenal.

- Nkunku was more down to PSG it seems, didn't get replacements in time and couldn't agree a new contract with him which meant it was much harder for us.

I do believe the club has clear targets in mind for summer which is why we didn't budge at all this winter on these targets.

Our terrible business before the 'new' era meant this winter was super difficult but I think we did as much as we could.

TL;DR: We have plans for summer and stood our ground this winter for the future benefit of the club.

Agree with most of this. we have 2 main problems in this squad, A lack of decent defenders and no options in the squad to provide any witdh outside of our full backs....which further adds to our defensive problems. They have gone into the market to address the winger issue, so im happy they have identified and acted on this. We will move for a defender at some point, But that needs more work as we currently have 2 many CB's we need to clear some down. Also gives the boss a few months to look at our little greek kid.

Maybe the club will think the Chambers, Holding and Mav could be the answer, Maybe they will decide some of them need to leave. Lets just get through this campaign do as well as we can, Then give the club a summer to recruit and emery a full pre season with the squad.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sounds like some of you should visit Spain.

Bit insulting to Ludivine... Theres levels to this.

BobP

Memri Fan
If I'm being honest, I'm not a fan of this signing.

If someone were to ask me to describe a flaky coward, I'd produce a picture of Suarez.

You can see the fear in his face.

Tony's nose

Not a fan of this signing , feels like yet again we have gone scratching around Europe for a deal.
If I was a west ham fan I would be happy with this level of signing ....HARUMPH

boyinneedofhumor

Emery says he played on the flanks for him, right? Means he covers/pushes Iwobi and Mkhi for a position?

And some reports says he plays in the middle? Means Özil and Ramsey?

I look at clips of his runs and wonder if there is a false 9 in there as well...

(Tho one can only play in a single position at any time...)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I always prefer to wait until a player is confirmed before fully indulging in YouTube. Great with the ball, often keeps it too long and loses it but can definitely dribble better than most of our current players. Emery keeps referring to him as a winger but he looks to be more like Ramsey in an advanced role but better with the ball and more pace. Tbh £18m in the summer seems a bargain, lets hope he plays vs City, he is eligible.

Not sure if he's quicker than Ramsey really. I wouldn't back Dennis over 50m against Ramsey. His pace is more than adequate though. We're splitting hairs!

Not sure how anyone can say this is an underwhelming signing. He'll create and score for us.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not sure if he's quicker than Ramsey really. I wouldn't back Dennis over 50m against Ramsey. His pace is more than adequate though. We're splitting hairs!

Not sure how anyone can say this is an underwhelming signing. He'll create and score for us.

Yeah creating is something we've been lacking, I can see Auba & Laca benefiting and he'll score a few himself. I hope he plays on Sun, don't see why not.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Right... deffo CM with Torreira.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
This is such a low-key arrival, there is no way that he won't hit the ground running here! I fully expect him to explode now.

Oh-Zeal

4-4-2 (Diamond)

- Xhaka/ Torreira as the deepest (one of them has to play, Torreira playing further up is almost turning him to a kante)
-Guendouzi/ Elneny. The box to box role, Guendouzi all day for me.
- Left sided mid (Suarez/ Iwobi). The connector. Suarez really looks good in finding space and in tight areas.
- At the Tip Ramsey/ Özil/ Mkhitharyan.

I love the press in this system as well. The way Auba and Laca press on the wings respectively without the ball and Ramsey closing down centrally really looks good.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The expectations some of you have of him, you'd think we ****ing loaned Messi by accident.

Top Bottom