• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Southampton | February 24, 2019 14:05 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Don’t get this post. We’re playing a back 4 and 3 attacking mids. How is that a defensive lineup?

It’s also definitely a home game.

Some fans really do enjoy complaining for absolutely nothing. :lol:

Can't wait to get rid of Özil, I'm tired by his fanboys.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I hope Liverpool drubs them about 7-0. There's no need for Liverpool to drop points (unless you're a City or Sp**s fan). Arsenal isn't catching them. But any points United gets today could make a big difference at the end and cost Arsenal a top 4 spot.

Strategery.jpg
Just the the very thought of Liverpool winning the title . . .
giphy.gif

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not really. The stupid points we dropped at West Ham, Southampton and a few other teams will cost us a top 4 spot. Or the two opening games we threw away for no reason.

We also have United at home in a few weeks. Liverpool on the other hand, cannot be allowed to win the title.

If we had done what we were supposed to do, hell if we do what we're supposed to do from now on, we will be fine. Relying on other teams to slip up doesn't matter if we then turn around and lose away at Goodison and Wolves.

So you're giving up on top 4 because of games that already happened?

What if United gets a draw today and finishes the season a single point ahead of Arsenal with a better goal difference? What if they win today and finish 2 points ahead? Is it more important to you that Liverpool not win the title than for Arsenal to finish in the top 4? Why would you really give a crap if Liverpool wins the title anyway? Would you rather Sp**s win it? The oil club (which will win it because they're still the best team)?

This sort of thinking makes no sense to me. The best result is always the result that's best for Arsenal. The biggest Liverpool win possible today is best for Arsenal because it could make the difference in points or possibly it could all come down to goal difference.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Auba’s place on the bench is very understandable. He’s been poor as of late- I just realised he’s level on goals with Kane in the PL, despite Kane only just returning to fitness.

He’s good off the bench too. Good decision from Emery.

He’s also our only CF for the Europa with Laca’s suspension / Wele’s injury and the schedule ahead is punishing. Fully expect a lot of Laca/Auba rotation over the next month.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Afternoon all.
United v Pool is on the main channel. I might end up having to watch that game. Too many Pool & United fans in the fam to overrule.

We shall see...

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Özil hasn't completed 90 minutes since before Christmas, asking him to start again so soon after his first full game was unrealistic. He could easily be in the red zone as you said.

I expect that type of stuff from the fan boys but not from someone like you who claims to be on the side of facts and logic.

Unai Emery Etxegoien's fanboy Mhki has just come back and is starting for the 3rd game running.

HBL

Established Member
Predictions? Line up is a bit meh but I was expecting rotation. Think I'll go with a scrappy 3-1

HBL

Established Member
Wouldn't surprise me if someone is subbed at half time, pre-planned subs could be a thing whilst we're playing twice a week.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
So just to be clear, you're trying to say that man United dropping points does NOT affect our top 4 chances?

Did I say that? I'll put it another way, if I had to attach percentages to us making the top 4, it would be like this

Our own form and results = 90% of the reason we will or won't make top 4
United dropping points in 1 match or any match = 10%

No team is going to win all 38 of their games, but if we don't take care of our own business, it doesn't matter what they do. Lets suppose that out of all our rivals Chelsea get the highest points total in a season with 78 points. We finish on 70 points and don't win the title. The fact that Chelsea only got a meagre total is then irrelevant because we didn't get results in our own games.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Unai Emery Etxegoien's fanboy Mhki has just come back and is starting for the 3rd game running.
He had been in training for two weeks before starting against Huddersfield, Özil's training schedule was disrupted after Man City due to illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom