• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If we really want to play to his strenght we need more pace and unpredictability especially on the wings. Let's hope we can sort that in the summer. Guy is a finisher and he is now taking one defenders from midfield. Not his strenght. We need to be able to release him on the break or cut in low crosses from the wings. Think both him and Laca will benefit from that.

Very much hits it on the head. It's not even about position really. You could see both forwards drift out wide on both sides and they're generally comfortable out there as long as they end up getting into scoring positions. Klopp and Tuchel both used Auba on the wing - not as a midfielder but as a second striker running into space and drifting in from the wings, kind of like Muller during his best days. As long as he's more in a midfield role out wide it's going to be hard for him. Auba has to play as a striker released into space, no matter if he goes through the centre or comes in from the wings.

Oh-Zeal

I think at times he wants to dazzle and try and build up play. At this stage of his career he just should focus on his off the ball movement. Have a feeling with the set of players we have we will still ay 3 at the back. Our front line should be him on the left Lacazette and a new out and out winger.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Amazing how people think playing Laca and Auba together will just automatically mean we win games. As if we wouldn't have to sacrifice either a creative player or a more defensive minded player to fit one of them in, or play Auba out of position which could end up being detrimental to the game we want to play. In some games Auba and Laca playing together will be fine, but in other games you need that extra midfielder or defensive minded player in order to combat the opposition. You can't just focus on yourself and go "play these players together and we'll win" and not take into account what the opposition will do. Football just doesn't work like that.
I couldn’t agree more

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Will need to step it up big time come squeaky bum part of the season. i have faith, he is world class. but underperformed recently

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I feel we are a stronger team when they play together, the opposition seems to give us more respect which can give us an advantage in other areas of the pitch
I like both strikers but Tir Na Nog is right.

Auba’s strength is his pace to exploit the space behind defenders. That’s great against attacking teams with a higher defensive line. And that’s why auba scored so many goals against top teams.
But he underperform against bottom teams, which their defenders sit deep and tight.

I’m not against starting him, but I just think people who question emery’s decision on this doesn’t quite understand how tactic works.

Last edited:

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He’s a top player but I actually think his pace as an asset is overrated. Doesn’t have the strength or technical ability to truly make use of it.

Not world-class but he’s an excellent goalscorer that we’re lucky to have.
I agree. Few of his goals have come from running through on goal and he`s not that dangerous when it comes to running at players either. His movement in the box is superb though, probably even better than both RvP and Henry in my opinion.

Beast Incarnate

I had so much expectation for him this season. I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed.

Too many games where he's invisible and has no impact on games at all.

Laca at least has better all round play and contributes more than goals.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I agree. Few of his goals have come from running through on goal and he`s not that dangerous when it comes to running at players either. His movement in the box is superb though, probably even better than both RvP and Henry in my opinion.
Henry maybe but Judas was absolutely unreal in that respect. Never really had any pace but absolutely devastating movement and insanely clinical. His last couple of years with us and that first year at United he was unreal. Henry didn't really develop the true poacher movement until his legs started to go because he didn't need it. Just too much pace and power and could score from anywhere. While he's nowhere near as good, thankfully Auba has already developed the movement needed to avoid turning into a pumpkin as he loses pace. He's a bit ahead of Thierry was at this stage of his career in that regard.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He’s a top player but I actually think his pace as an asset is overrated. Doesn’t have the strength or technical ability to truly make use of it.

Not world-class but he’s an excellent goalscorer that we’re lucky to have.
Lucky to have? We're The Arsenal.

My standards are, and will always be: Henry, Wright, Bergkamp, Anelka, Van Persie.

Our current two guys are great, but I wouldn't bank on either digging us out of a hole, e.g. last Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom