• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Frustrating, to say the least.

Needs to be backed next window, but if this keeps up I can see him gone by christmas.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He's been banking on Europa since April began. It started with resting Xhaka/Ramsey/Torreira against Everton and then rotating again in the Palace game. He better win it now.

The palace game is what done us in. Had we won that, I think top 4 was ours.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He deserves another season no matter what, but damn things have gone downhill the last months.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I'm backing him for next season, but this recent form we are in is shocking to put it mildly. He's cost us some games with his formations and in other games he's been let down by players.

To summarize, he better win that EL now or else his first season won't be good enough.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Points aside, I don't understand how anyone can look at our performances outside of big games and say we look any good. It's boring, it's slow, it's stale, it's conservative. Should we give him time? Sure. But I'm very unconvinced by the direction we're heading in.

I'll give him one thing though, the players aren't doing him many favors. Major turnover needed this summer. Still, what happened to his big "player improvement" speech when he applied for the job? I don't see any of that.

I wanted to give him two season but I also wanted to see some improvement by now. I wanted us to press better and defend better. But we don't press all that much better, we defend equally worse, we struggle to dominate and our attack is very uninspiring. But most of all, a few players have regressed and we still see very stupid mistakes.

The players we are linked with so far doesn't give me any confidence for next season.

But whatever I say I think Emery will be here next season. Him and Raul seems to be untouchable and they will sack anyone who go against them like they did with our head scout. So only thing we can do is buckle up and hope for the best.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Overall it's looking like we'll end up 4 points better off than last season (i expect us to rotate and lose at Burnley). The one improvement has been in the big games but everything else has been the same (i'd argue the defense has been a bit worse). People can claim the squad is **** but i remember people saying a lot of other managers would get more out of this squad. I'm still a believer in that. We should've ended on 75-80 points but some of his decisions in the last 6 to 8 weeks have caused this downward spiral. I'm not sure i have faith in him going forward.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's been banking on Europa since April began. It started with resting Xhaka/Ramsey/Torreira against Everton and then rotating again in the Palace game. He better win it now.
That's bullshit mate, come on. We were in the driving seat for top 4, even should have had 3rd realistically. And the league is much more reliable as a CL qualifier than a cup competition.

If you're right, then he's an absolute idiot.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That's bullshit mate, come on. We were in the driving seat for top 4, even should have had 3rd realistically. And the league is much more reliable as a CL qualifier than a cup competition.

If you're right, then he's an absolute idiot.
If he wasn't trying to protect players for Europa, why didn't he risk Torreira or Ramsey? He obviously wanted them fit for Napoli.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I genuinely can't put my finger on this collapse though, it's puzzling. After Napoli tie I thought we'd steam roll the Prem and get to the final of Europa, now we only have Europa.

Players feeling the affects of being unfit? Emery focusing on Europa? Injuries? Players simply not good enough?

I don't know what the answer is.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
People can claim the squad is **** but i remember people saying a lot of other managers would get more out of this squad. I'm still a believer in that.
But at what point is that assumption incorrect and you have to start looking at the players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom