• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Every single person associated with our club in the last few years has to share a portion of the blame. Some more than others. From the man at the top to all the way down. The rot has really set in. No department seems to be working efficiently anymore. From mid and longterm planning, transfer strategy, contract negotiations with our players, wenger hanging on a tad too long, a medical department not fit for purpose, the hustler Gazidis disguised as a CEO etc.

However this is a thread to discuss why the captain is jumping ship, not why the ship had been slowly sinking for a while in the first place. Stay on topic people :lol:

Jae

What’s a pro Wenger agenda? Wenger did amazing for this club by any statistical analysis ever done . . . for his spend. Anybody wants to say he didn’t do as well as Fergie, who spent a lot more, that’s fair enough.

Emery’s done pretty well this year, all in all, too. Hopefully will improve next year if he can sort out a few squad tweaks with Mustafi and Kola etc.

The only people who are throwing blame around at our managers all the time are those that don’t understand football . . . the relationship between wealth and the odds of winning, cycles of success and failure for all clubs, the role of chance and the vagaries of the transfer market. ;)

Sorry buddy I should of said WengerIN (referencing his last couple of years in charge). Don't think any of Wenger's achievements should ever be up for debate. Did amazing for us on the whole.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Wenger allowed the team to fall out of top 4, be overtaken by Liverpool and worst of all, Sp**s. I think the players know that we are declining and getting worse rather than improving.
2 seasons out of 22 out of the top 4.. not exactly a bad record. Also, Wenger would have easily got top 4 this season as well. Especially with that easy run of games we had at the end of the season. Which emery ****ed up.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
2 seasons out of 22 out of the top 4.. not exactly a bad record. Also, Wenger would have easily got top 4 this season as well. Especially with that easy run of games we had at the end of the season. Which emery ****ed up.

Agree.

Arseblog made a nice writeup on the preference of Emery for Europa, while completely ignoring the remaining League run.

We had the CL place in our hands and we blew it with hugely imbalanced squads, shocking performances and strange tactical decisions.

https://arseblog.com/2019/04/can-europa-league-semi-finals-affect-league-performance/

In 2015-16, having lost three of their previous four in La Liga they won a league game against Real Betis (a derby), before drawing 2-2 with Shaktar in the first leg. They then lost to Espanyol, beat Shaktar 3-1 at home before losing 4-1 and 3-1 to Granada and Athletic Bilbao. They beat Liverpool 3-1 in the final thanks to Coke (the player, not the drugs).

In 2014-15 they were better, losing to Real Madrid just before the first leg victory over Fiorentina, but they they drew with Celta Vigo ahead of the second leg against the Italians which they won 2-0 away, and then won their final two league games before beating Dnipro 3-2 in the final.

And in 2013-14, Emery’s first Europa League win, they’d won four in a row in La Liga before beating Valencia 2-0 in the semi-final first leg. After that they lost to Athletic Bilbao (3-1), lost the second leg of the semi-final 3-1 but went through on away goals, drew with Villarreal, lost to Getafe and drew 0-0 in the final against Benfica but won the trophy via a penalty shoot-out.​

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Agree.

Arseblog made a nice writeup on the preference of Emery for Europa, while completely ignoring the remaining League run.

We had the CL place in our hands and we blew it with hugely imbalanced squads, shocking performances and strange tactical decisions.

https://arseblog.com/2019/04/can-europa-league-semi-finals-affect-league-performance/

In 2015-16, having lost three of their previous four in La Liga they won a league game against Real Betis (a derby), before drawing 2-2 with Shaktar in the first leg. They then lost to Espanyol, beat Shaktar 3-1 at home before losing 4-1 and 3-1 to Granada and Athletic Bilbao. They beat Liverpool 3-1 in the final thanks to Coke (the player, not the drugs).

In 2014-15 they were better, losing to Real Madrid just before the first leg victory over Fiorentina, but they they drew with Celta Vigo ahead of the second leg against the Italians which they won 2-0 away, and then won their final two league games before beating Dnipro 3-2 in the final.

And in 2013-14, Emery’s first Europa League win, they’d won four in a row in La Liga before beating Valencia 2-0 in the semi-final first leg. After that they lost to Athletic Bilbao (3-1), lost the second leg of the semi-final 3-1 but went through on away goals, drew with Villarreal, lost to Getafe and drew 0-0 in the final against Benfica but won the trophy via a penalty shoot-out.​
Yeah it’s strange that emery went all out for the europa league when we could have just got 3rd place, and then we wouldn’t have to worry about Winning that ****ty competition. Seems as if emery always gets it wrong towards the end of the season in the league wherever he goes, judging by arseblogs post.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
But why are you defending a guy who was bitter enough to actually come out to the media and share such opinions?

Come off it. None of us know what Koscielny is like, absolutely none of us. We have to take things at face value because that’s all we have for now.

Yes there may be more going on but I’m not going to ignore all the facts I’ve been presented with just based on an opinion.

Also I hope you’re one day successful enough to own a large business then you can tell me how you’d react if somebody came up to you telling you that “you’re only losing out on a few million quid” :lol:

I never said I knew the man, I just pointed out it's a natural human reaction for him to feel the way he did.

I'm disappointed in Koscielny, not exactly surprised because he is a footballer after all.

As far as your last paragraph goes, my heart bleeds for Kroenke and the other suits at the club. Koscielny is a multi-millionaire already so I don't have much more sympathy for him, but I won't lose any sleep tonight over the fact that Kroenke stands to lose out on a couple million. It isn't like the money would be reinvested in the team anyway and we both know it.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he doesn't want to be here and we don't want to let him go, have him rot with the reserves. Simple as that.

Now, the biggest question is, who is his replacement as the main center back and why don't we have him train with the team yet?
Center back partnership takes time to gel together and waiting for the last minute of the transfer period to get a center back is suicidal to our campaign.

we are gonna throw Rob Holding or Mavropanos right into the fire again isn't it

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just get rid but not for free.

What he's done is something rich people can do because he won't lose his job (and whats two weeks wages to him) but the principle is awful.

He's signed the contract, taken the pay but now doesn't want it to apply.

Manberg

Predator
Koscielny is a multi-millionaire already so I don't have much more sympathy for him, but I won't lose any sleep tonight over the fact that Kroenke stands to lose out on a couple million. It isn't like the money would be reinvested in the team anyway and we both know it.

We shouldn’t assume this to be true. We know that Kroenke doesn’t invest anything into the transfer kitty, that’s only going to come from revenue the club makes. Therefore it’s safe to assume that money from player sales does go into the transfer kitty, or the wage budget.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Just get rid but not for free.

What he's done is something rich people can do because he won't lose his job (and whats two weeks wages to him) but the principle is awful.

He's signed the contract, taken the pay but now doesn't want it to apply.

He wants out because he found a new calling that is better for his future. Like I said before, I don't blame him for that, it is human nature to look after yourself and be quite selfish. I just feel the club has the right to keep him to his contract unless someone is willing to buy him off us. He signed that contract willingly, it isn't like someone put a gun to his head to sign it. Honour it, stop making it like we are inflicting some big injustice.

What I don't really get it so many people in here seem to be on his side. Making excuses for him, throwing about words like 'loyalty'. As if he was playing for us before below his market value wages or even for free. Or that he is old now and injury prone and somehow that should make us even more sympathetic to him. Or that he wants just to go home.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He wants out because he found a new calling that is better for his future. Like I said before, I don't blame him for that, it is human nature to look after yourself and be quite selfish. I just feel the club has the right to keep him to his contract unless someone is willing to buy him off us. He signed that contract willingly, it isn't like someone put a gun to his head to sign it. Honour it, stop making it like we are inflicting some big injustice.

What I don't really get it so many people in here seem to be on his side. Making excuses for him, throwing about words like 'loyalty'. As if he was playing for us before below his market value wages or even for free. Or that he is old now and injury prone and somehow that should make us even more sympathetic to him. Or that he wants just to go home.

Yeah he can do what's best for him in his family but he does that in the knowledge he's lost the fans respect.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If he doesn't want to be here and we don't want to let him go, have him rot with the reserves. Simple as that.

Now, the biggest question is, who is his replacement as the main center back and why don't we have him train with the team yet?
Center back partnership takes time to gel together and waiting for the last minute of the transfer period to get a center back is suicidal to our campaign.

But that is stupid, it only hurts us

90k a week because the clowns are petty vindicative clowns

Why on Earth do you believe them?

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But that is stupid, it only hurts us

90k a week because the clowns are petty vindicative clowns

Why on Earth do you believe them?

Economically that is no different than paying an injured player, at if he play with the reserves or U 21 they can learn from him.
The ideal solution for Arsenal is to sell him but it is clear we won't sell. And the probable cause is we won't buy a replacement.

Again, the club should have been looking for a CB replacement even before he announced his intentions, cause bloody Mustafi should go anyway

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

What is the benefit of that?

We Still have to psy His wages, and cant trust him to play (even thou i font think he would intentionally play bad)
Not good works enviroment for the others to have him moping about either.

I Still hold fast with my conviction that he was promise sonething and the club recanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom