• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Burnley | Saturday, 12:30 BST | BT Sport

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Since when am I a "Xhaka fan"? I'm a fan of good players, and he clearly is one.

What does he do? Well, he keeps possession well, has a killer final pass, not bad in the tackle, decent in the air, has a rocket long shot and can take a decent freekick. Although I agree he isn't the most mobile he isn't a slouch either, he's just of average pace for a PL midfielder.

He's a typical DLP in that he needs someone alongside him in the mould of a Torreira and will get bypassed on his own, but the same could be said about Xabi Alonso FFS. Why do you think that great midfield of Alonso/Gerrard/Mascherano had Mascherano alongside him?
Xhaka is now the worst midfielder in the world now, didn’t you know?

We now ignore the fact that his main issue is the occasional lapse in concentration and now act like he’s an absolute liability for every second that he’s on the pitch.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Since when am I a "Xhaka fan"? I'm a fan of good players, and he clearly is one.

What does he do? Well, he keeps possession well, has a killer final pass, not bad in the tackle, decent in the air, has a rocket long shot and can take a decent freekick. Although I agree he isn't the most mobile he isn't a slouch either, he's just of average pace for a PL midfielder.

He's a typical DLP in that he needs someone alongside him in the mould of a Torreira and will get bypassed on his own, but the same could be said about Xabi Alonso FFS. Why do you think that great midfield of Alonso/Gerrard/Mascherano had Mascherano alongside him?

People will go on about limitations of Xhaka but will then ignore the limitations of Torreira for example. In reality football is a team game and you need partnerships and systems to mask the weaknesses of players, there's no perfect players out there.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Keeps possession well- Record for most errors leading to goal in his three seasons here
Killer final pass - How many assists did he get in spite of taking free kicks and corners last year?
Not bad in tackle - Highest number of penalties conceded in Arsenal in three years.
Decent in the air - Do you even watch matches? There have been numerous goals we conceded because this guy doesn't jump at all
Long shot and free kick - Accepted. He is good in these.
Given his slow pace and numerous other drawbacks, does it even make sense to buy other players who complement him? If a player has numerous good qualities and one or two bad qualities, it makes sense to do that. Why not look at Willock or buy Ceballos? They have numerous better qualities. Wouldn't it be just easy to just sell Xhaka and buy a player who complements these two instead? Why take the difficult route to complement Xhaka instead? He doesn't deserve that. He has been given opportunities for three years and all he could do was to keep us outside top 4 with his brain farts at crucial moments. Why are you people so hell bent on keeping him in spite of all these horrendous mistakes?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Keeps possession well- Record for most errors leading to goal in his three seasons here
Killer final pass - How many assists did he get in spite of taking free kicks and corners last year?
Not bad in tackle - Highest number of penalties conceded in Arsenal in three years.
Decent in the air - Do you even watch matches? There have been numerous goals we conceded because this guy doesn't jump at all
Given his slow pace and numerous other drawbacks, does it even make sense to buy other players who complement him? If a player has numerous good qualities and one or two bad qualities, it makes sense to do that. Why not look at Willock or buy Ceballos? They have numerous better qualities. Wouldn't it be just easy to just sell Xhaka and buy a player who complements these two instead? Why take the difficult route to complement Xhaka instead? He doesn't deserve that. He has been given opportunities for three years and all he could do was to keep us outside top 4 with his brain farts at crucial moments. Why are you people so hell bent on keeping him in spite of all these horrendous mistakes?

I see your way of arguing is based on dishonesty and strawmanning, so I'm not going to waste my time.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I just called out your dishonesty with true facts and you chicken out of the argument this way.

No it was your pathetic strawmen, actually.

I think I'm well known enough on this forum that others will back me up when I say I don't chicken out of debates, but I also know when I'm wasting my time with someone.

People will go on about limitations of Xhaka but will then ignore the limitations of Torreira for example. In reality football is a team game and you need partnerships and systems to mask the weaknesses of players, there's no perfect players out there.

All players have limitations I agree on this. Partnerships are vital! Mertesacker - Koscielny for example worked extremely well at the time even if both had their limitations!

But my patience for Xhaka wore out long time ago! For me he seems to work at his best when all 11 opposition players are in front of him and he doesn't get pressured. Then he can pass as he want too. But in PL were teams press him constantly he is prone to mistake, rash tackles, he get bypassed easily and sometime opposition midfielder run past him like he is a ghost. For me since the patience went through the window it just doesn't feel like he is cut for PL.

We will see how he does this season but next summer might be the summer we consider to sell him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I posted the laughing emoji because I laughed at your posts and I still do :lol:
It's funny to see how people react when they don't have a counter argument.

There's been nothing to counter, you've just thrown strawman arguments at me. There's no need to defend a position I don't hold.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
DW mate, you and I know.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed

This!

Can someone please tell me WHAT Xhaka brings to to the table apart from long passing and shooting range.

Absolutely nothing, nada. How are people still advocating him in the side especially after winning two games on the bounce. To be a PL player you have to keep pace with the game at an absolute minimum.

First name on the teamsheet?? Absolute nonsense!! A highlight reel player if ever there was one.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As mentioned before it was Sp**s and Liverpool at home , those are pressing teams not bottom of the league pack the box teams . I got to say just about every midfield in the World suffers at some point against r a top pressing side .

It doesn't have to be a top team. Any team can press Xhaka. That is why our away record is so poor. Teams come for us. With Pepe and Ceballos and no Xhaka, teams are less likely to do that.

Tomb Bombadil

Can someone please tell me WHAT Xhaka brings to to the table apart from long passing and shooting range.

Absolutely nothing, nada. How are people still advocating him in the side especially after winning two games on the bounce. To be a PL player you have to keep pace with the game at an absolute minimum.
Winning two games on the bounce with one with him in the starting11?

We all know he has his mistakes but it also people tend to overreact to some players. I also think we could improve in midfield but I don't think Xhaka was or is our main problem.

The first two games we had now were also not that good in my opinion. People overreacting on the positiv here. It was one game and it was at home against Burnley. Guendouzi and Willock played good but couldn't controll the midfield and we've been pushed back a lot by Burnley in the first half. So I still think they need more time especially Willock. Ceballos was great but it was one game.

So give the youngsters some time and maybe we already have the replacement for Xhaka in the future. I still hope we can get Ceballos but I still think Real won't do that with Modric, Kroos declining a bit and Isco not shown too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom