• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Sad is we are wasting best years from our best players like always ... PEA is not getting any younger and probably leaving... Laca could do the same and then we won’t have any attack to save us. And god help us to get any striker while we are out of CL

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That was utter dogshit.

Playing out from the back is all well and good as long as your players show they are comfortable with it, and they're evidently anything but comfortable with it. Yes, Sokratis misplaced a simple pass, but the idea needs to be scrapped. It's a ****ing farce.

The start to the season, apart from some good individual performances, has been ****ing ****. I expect it will improve with wingbacks, but Sokratis and Luiz wont--they're absolute ****ing toilet. I'd be willing to let Mustafi back in place of Luiz at this point. It's bad. I expected to see more at this point, even if it's still early. We look fragile and gutless.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's showing no sign of making into a cohesive team that can challenge

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Can't actually think of a single redeeming quality, one thing that he brings to the table? Not even getting the basics right

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can anyone tell me how a manager can be here for 12 months, have guys like Auba, Laca, Pepe, Dani, Mesut, Mikhi etc yet have an attack which is non existent? How is that possible?

We don’t have control, we don’t pass it about, we don’t open teams up, we don’t create triangles, no rhythm or flow to the attack at all in any game since he’s been here.

Just relying on scraps or individual play.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm at work but when I get home I'm gonna dig for some stats because I think an issue is the way we are set up in possession under Emery. Our players higher up the field need more touches than they are getting IMO. Got a lot of stats to look for.

All the players that struggled today IMO were players who are ball dominant and seek to control flow and tempo of the game. Özil petered out after a while aswell. Only Xhaka seems to get those touches often or Guendouzi but they receive the ball very deep most of the time.

Pepe, Özil, Ceballos, Nelson, Willock and even AMN - all need lots of the ball because they cannot sustain much concentration when they aren't receiving for large periods of the game.

Which leads back to my point about the structure of our attack. Emery is not the guy to take advantage of that so the least he could do is make us defend better. Hes done neither so far.

Thank God for Aubameyang.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm at work but when I get home I'm gonna dig for some stats because I think an issue is the way we are set up in possession under Emery. Our players higher up the field need more touches than they are getting IMO. Got a lot of stats to look for.

All the players that struggled today IMO were players who are ball dominant and seek to control flow and tempo of the game. Özil petered out after a while aswell. Only Xhaka seems to get those touches often or Guendouzi but they receive the ball very deep most of the time.

Pepe, Özil, Ceballos, Nelson, Willock and even AMN - all need lots of the ball because they cannot sustain much concentration when they aren't receiving for large periods of the game.

Which leads back to my point about the structure of our attack. Emery is not the guy to take advantage of that so the least he could do is make us defend better. Hes done neither so far.

Thank God for Aubameyang.
I could see a massive hole in the middle of the pitch in the first 15 minutes. Fullbacks were pushed up. Özil, Pepe, Auba, Guendouzi all were pushed high up. Only Xhaka was sitting deep and Ceballos was sort of roaming around free on the left. It was just constant passing from the centerbacks to Kolasinac/AMN and then the ball getting passed back. Watford kept nicking the ball time and time again and created 3 good chances which they should've scored from. Our 1st goal came from a transition.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can anyone tell me how a manager can be here for 12 months, have guys like Auba, Laca, Pepe, Dani, Mesut, Mikhi etc yet have an attack which is non existent? How is that possible?

We don’t have control, we don’t pass it about, we don’t open teams up, we don’t create triangles, no rhythm or flow to the attack at all in any game since he’s been here.

Two of those options weren't available and they can't all play even if they were. It's disjointed most of the time, but we've scored some good goals. It should look better than it does, though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Both goals were scored from low crosses by our full backs. Vintage.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I thought you were travelling for 6 months??

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Second highest net spend in the league since he's been here and has us playing worse football than Burnley. No matter what anyone says, at least that's an achievement he can take with him to his next job.

FluffyDoozi

I have always been in the give him two years camp but today was the turning point. Watford had 30 attempts, if they were more clinical they should have scored 2 or 3 more.

Last season I could accept no cohesive plan or playing style because of the squad he had but for once the board has actually invested in the team. The personnel is there but the football is just all over the place. It's not acceptable with the quality of players we have.

Being out possessed by most teams and relying on Auba/Laca is not a game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom