• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford vs Arsenal | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Result

• Watford win

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Arsenal win

Votes: 69 81.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wonder if even Bellerin or Tierney would have made an impact today with the way we set up. We probably don't concede the second goal but even getting forward seems hard work in terms of player placement and give and go.

Jae

We are most definitely one of the worst teams in the league without the ball. We were bad before Wenger left but we seem to have gone backwards.

Ewarwoowar

There is absolutely no guile shown by us at the back, like we're mentally challenged, the two times Douzy lose the ball, is not all on him(granted not a good game for him), but just because he's showing and calling for the ball does not mean he has to be played, he drew two Watford players toward him on both occasions, that should have spelled space elsewhere, why can't it be used as a foil, just one example of our inability to engage the brain.

Why is Emery trying to play chess when we struggle with snap.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It was almost as if we were determined to gift them a goal. They repeatedly refused our hospitality until finally, we made them an offer they couldn't refuse. What the fvck went on out there man?! I havent been this traumatized since 'nam.

Let's try to take some positives away - At least it was a relatively short journey home.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It was almost as if we were determined to gift them a goal. They repeatedly refused our hospitality until finally, we made them an offer they couldn't refuse. What the fvck went on out there man?! I havent been this traumatized since 'nam.

Let's try to take some positives away - At least it was a relatively short journey home.
We were trying to do that at 1st half the mistakes were there Watford just couldn't take advantage

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
No excuse today. Watford had more than 30 shots against us and should have won the game easily. How can you concede so many attempts against such a poor team?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He had a front 3 worth £180m and could only manage 25% of the shots on goal as Watford did. One of the goals we conceded was also a result of his insistence on playing out from the back with donkeys. This is about more than buying players.
Ah well, there’s the problem. Big Sam wouldn’t dare play out of the back with his lower league squads, Klopp and Pep do it all the time.

So if Emery tries to get them to play out, he’s damned, and if he gets them to boot it long he’s damned.

The bottom line here is that we had enough money this window to sort out our defence so we didn’t have donkeys. But someone decided we needed another forward.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ah well, there’s the problem. Big Sam wouldn’t dare play out of the back with his lower league squads, Klopp and Pep do it all the time.

So if Emery tries to get them to play out, he’s damned, and if he gets them to boot it long he’s damned.

The bottom line here is that we had enough money this window to sort out our defence so we didn’t have donkeys. But someone decided we needed another forward.
Pep has his team go long when its right to do so. That's what Leno was meant to bring in a ball playing keeper. We rarely if ever see it and truth is I dont think his distribution is much better than Cechs was.

When they forward press you have to go over them. Make them back off. Then switch back to short and keep them guessing.

City had a costly mistake yesterday but that's a one off. We keep making them. Giving the ball away, giving penalties away. Ridiculous.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We are most definitely one of the worst teams in the league without the ball. We were bad before Wenger left but we seem to have gone backwards.
This season we are. I thought we initially improved in that department last season... Perplexing.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
This season we are. I thought we initially improved in that department last season... Perplexing.
IT's hard when your formation keeps changing every game. Your midfield personnel changes every game. Front 3 becomes front 2 and then front 3 again. I don't even know what abomination it was in the 2nd half today

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
IT's hard when your formation keeps changing every game. Your midfield personnel changes every game. Front 3 becomes front 2 and then front 3 again. I don't even know what abomination it was in the 2nd half today
This is a problem, no doubt. We're still trying to find what works best with the new players we have integrated and which formations to put them in; Özil was one of them today ffs... Not that I minded, because like any muggy fan, my hopes for him have been raised in his absence, and I wanted to see him get games. We looked a mess. Didn't have any presence in the middle whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom