• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa |Sunday 22nd September | KO 16:30 | Not Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Here it is people. The opposition see AMN as a weakness to exploit..
Haha... no not quite.

As I said in my long post about the game, I felt when we were playing 11v11 we were playing without pressure. Nobody expected us to get anything so we weren't playing with fear.

Once it was 11 v 10 I thought the expectation swung. Suddenly we were 1-0 up, on top, with an extra man. Suddenly we were now in a position where we SHOULD win.

I don't think the players (or the manager) dealt with that. We crumbled. And I think it's entirely possible that we wouldn't have if AMN hadn't been sent off

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Doesn't fit the argument of we were crap and we were lucky. In fact Moss was as desperately poor as he usually is, making up his mind on the second AMN yellow based on what he thought he saw some distance from the incident.

In fact, it wasn't even a foul. It was a 50/50 ball, both players went for it and AMN came off worse. I didn't see the Villa players complaining because there was nothing to complain about.

The rearguard action was superb. It was great to see players like Guendouzi, Chambers and Auba playing as if the result mattered to them.

We'll get better.
Yeah, I agree. AMN got the ball and both players collided. If anything it should've been a foul on AMN.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Haha... no not quite.

As I said in my long post about the game, I felt when we were playing 11v11 we were playing without pressure. Nobody expected us to get anything so we weren't playing with fear.

Once it was 11 v 10 I thought the expectation swung. Suddenly we were 1-0 up, on top, with an extra man. Suddenly we were now in a position where we SHOULD win.

I don't think the players (or the manager) dealt with that. We crumbled. And I think it's entirely possible that we wouldn't have if AMN hadn't been sent off
Well done! Always had a soft spot for Villa. You make much more sense than lots of Gooners. Sure you won't switch?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Haha... no not quite.

Thanks Stevo, i was just being a troll really.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Well done! Always had a soft spot for Villa. You make much more sense than lots of Gooners. Sure you won't switch?
Ha unfortunately I'm Villa through and through so no chance of a switch :)

But the soft spot is mutual. Said before on here that I have a lot of Irish family and a lot of them support Arsenal so I've always liked them. Always been my favourite of the "big" teams.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Yeah, I agree. AMN got the ball and both players collided. If anything it should've been a foul on AMN.
Getting the ball doesn't mean it's not a foul/yellow card.

It was a high studs up challenge. Easily a yellow, but like I said I think it actually helped you in a weird way.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Scored some great goals at Villa Park down the years. The Ashley Cole goal set up by Bergkamp and the Pires lob two that instantly come to mind. Even for opposition fans our teams down the years must be a joy to watch when we turned it on.

Let's play Aubamawang

Papers talking about how Auba's goal shouldn't have stood...well maybe not, but if the ref hadn't prematurely ejaculated into his whistle then we would have surely had a penalty as Torreira was clearly dragged down.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I haven't heard many, if any, Villa fans complaining about Auba's goal.

The only complaints really have been about Sokratis' handball which looked absolutely nailed on for me.

But even then it's half hearted complaints. I think we know we totally blew this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom