• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nobody criticized wenger for wanting to win, trax. You can't be serious with a statement like that. Wenger was, for the most part, accused of 'not keeping up with modern football' (whatever that means), not spending and being too stubborn in terms of molly coddling players..
What does keeping up with modern football even mean. He attacked all teams from Barca to lowly FA cup sides. It was only in the last couple of years under pressure that he tried to change, playing defensive against teams like City at times, in the hope of catching them on the counter. It was never really him.

blaze_of_glory

The fans mocked, insulted and ranted about our excellent style manager who forced teams to adjust to him. Wenger wouldn’t change his swashbuckling style even if he sometimes took a drubbing from richer squads. Only when the pressure was unbearable did he and team fold after 20 years of top 4.

So the club got in a reactive manager who sets up differently for every team. He’s above Chelsea, Sp**s and United and he’s only lost one game away at Pool. But guess what, he’s getting mocked, insulted and ranted about.

That stuff isn’t my style.
I agree, the fans are always unfair in one way or another. Hell I'm probably being unfair to Emery, but we can only go on what we see and what we feel about it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It was so bad pundit Jim Beglin actually said "are we watching mediocrity "? This is a bloke that's usually so diplomatic and PC about us .
One thing was clear: We were not watching the two best teams in the PL play... Well, there is always hope. Maybe we will play better next time? But as they say: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of lunacy...

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
The fans mocked, insulted and ranted about our excellent style manager who forced teams to adjust to him. Wenger wouldn’t change his swashbuckling style even if he sometimes took a drubbing from richer squads. Only when the pressure was unbearable did he and team fold after 20 years of top 4.

So the club got in a reactive manager who sets up differently for every team. He’s above Chelsea, Sp**s and United and he’s only lost one game away at Pool. But guess what, he’s getting mocked, insulted and ranted about.

That stuff isn’t my style.

Wish I could like this more than once. People cried/marched/flew planes for change and in the end they don’t really have the stomach for it.

Much easier to just whine online.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yes, I don’t honestly believe that either Wenger or Emery is as bad as people are making out.

Emery’s not Wenger, I wasn’t expecting that. But he’s above United, Chelsea and Sp**s at the moment. And the squad with Luiz, Sokratis and Xhaka are prone to errors too.

If he drops down to 5th or below I’ll join the Emery out banter. Until then I’ll watch while the bandwagon effect rolls on.

But the trouble is, as we saw with Wenger once social media and the fans in the stadium go into rant mode, it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy as the nervousness among the players takes hold. Emery will not be able to hold out for two years of social media melt down like Wenger did. He’ll likely go at the end of this season, if not before. Until he goes, I’ll support him. No hate here.
Social media is making Emery play 3 dm’s.

@Makingtrax ladies and gentlemen.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

4uaepjp9gf.png

How to suck at your job. A 8 year old amateur wouldn’t have needed VAR for this one.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Unbelievable!
The problem is that it actually isn't unbelievable. This was a prime example of what we have had to deal with over the years.
  • RVP sending off at Camp Nou
  • Wenger sending off at Old Trafford
  • Several Rooney penalties
  • Stamp on Diaby vs Newcastle that saw him sent off
  • LCFC getting 15 penalties before January in the season they won
  • Sanchez rugby tackled to the ground by Charlie Adam
  • Aguero scoring with his hand against us
Those are just the ones I am recalling off the top of my head and obviously all Arsenal examples.
This is an ongoing issue. Certain clubs definitely seem to get special treatment by the officials. I wouldn't call it an anti-Arsenal agenda because I think loads of clubs have to deal with it but it is ridiculous at times and fairly blatant too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom