• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Nah, lad, the fans' discontent intensified during the last two seasons, culminating in huge chunks of the stadium resembling the Etihad on league cup night. I think you underestimate the influence of Arsenal fans deciding they'd rather do something else on a matchday. It's damaging on so many fronts.

No, that's wrong. Fans were pis*sed off at Arsène for years and the only difference ended up being missing out on CL. That's what ended Arsène not the fans, no one listens to fans because they're irrational. Can't make executive decisions based on noise from the stands, you know all it takes is a few good results or making a big transfer to get them back on board.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No, that's wrong. Fans were pis*sed off at Arsène for years and the only difference ended up being missing out on CL. That's what ended Arsène not the fans, no one listens to fans because they're irrational. Can't make executive decisions based on noise from the stands, you know all it takes is a few good results or making a big transfer to get them back on board.
It’s the straw that breaks the camels back. You won’t get a big club in London continuing to fill the stadium when they’re doing **** and the atmosphere is ****. If they were still packing them in the Emirates every week and the atmosphere wasn’t as toxic, he’d have got at least another season. Absolutely no doubt about that. I actually called it back then that if Wenger didn’t get CL football he’d be sacked because the stadium—the window into the club—was an embarrassment. The negativity from the fans in and outside the stadium, and around the world, who see the embarrassment every week, ultimately removed Wenger, and the same fans will remove Emery.

If you asked @Makingtrax, he’ll tell you DT and Claude did it

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool got Klopp in October, if I’m not mistaken. That’s what big clubs do.

Arsenal are too classy to do that. We’re handing out careers to bums.
Klopp was unemployed. What do you expect the club to do?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

To make it worse that was the season we were challenging for the title with Leicester. A win here would have put us top of the league.

I remember I was more angry with this result than the 8-2 to United or the 6-0 to Chelsea. At least with those results you can console yourself they had much better players than us.

Ffs looking at that screen makes me angry again. Soton didn't keep a single clean sheet in the 5 games before us. They only scored a total of 2 goals. We turn up and promptly let them score 4 AND give them a clean sheet. That was the first time I started to believe in something like a Banter Fc/Charity fc.

4 years later and glad to report we are keeping that tag alive and well :facepalm:

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He’s here till the end of the season. Next 3/4 games are easy so we’ll get a few wins to ease the tension.
There are now easy games in PL anymore with our dudness offensively and the shaky defence (bar Leno, who is excellent). Southampton could very well get a draw and win it if they are on it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It’s the straw that breaks the camels back. You won’t get a big club in London continuing to fill the stadium when they’re doing **** and the atmosphere is ****. If they were still packing them in the Emirates every week and the atmosphere wasn’t as toxic, he’d have got at least another season. Absolutely no doubt about that. I actually called it back then that if Wenger didn’t get CL football he’d be sacked because the stadium—the window into the club—was an embarrassment. The negativity from the fans in and outside the stadium, and around the world, who see the embarrassment every week, ultimately removed Wenger, and the same fans will remove Emery.

It's starting again, I imagine the Thursday night PL game against Brighton the following week will be similar...

blaze_of_glory

If you asked @Makingtrax, he’ll tell you DT and Claude did it
Yeah I think this is true. I recall Wenger even saying he felt he had to go because of the situation with the fans, felt it had got to a place where he simply couldn't stay on.

LeeDixon85

More time to do what?
More time to turn things around. We was in a downward spiral before he came, whoever had come in, he would have needed time. It takes time to change direction. The worst we could do now is change manager.

Mark my words, in one years time you will all be calling for the new managers head, because there are no easy fix to the problems we are in. It takes time. Patience is needed.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
More time to turn things around. We was in a downward spiral before he came, whoever had come in, he would have needed time. It takes time to change direction. The worst we could do now is change manager.

Mark my words, in one years time you will all be calling for the new managers head, because there are no easy fix to the problems we are in. It takes time. Patience is needed.
:lol: The reason we want him gone is because he has done the impossible and made us worse. We put up with Wenger despite him making some utterly remarkable decisions from around 2008 onwards. That's because we still had good times, even if they could have been better.

What reason is Emery giving us to be patient? Outplayed by utterly ****e teams, can't defend, can't attack, etc. I think if the squad was just not very good, people would accept all that. But the squad is good. He is simply undercutting the potential by a massive margin and in no way is that acceptable. To even think he might turn it around in another year is naive in the extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom