• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
More time to turn things around. We was in a downward spiral before he came, whoever had come in, he would have needed time. It takes time to change direction. The worst we could do now is change manager.

Mark my words, in one years time you will all be calling for the new managers head, because there are no easy fix to the problems we are in. It takes time. Patience is needed.
Yeah the right guy who has made us worse than we were while we spent a lot of money in transfers, inheriting talented youngsters.
We've got no system, look clueless every game, can't attack, can't defend, get outplayed every game.
We're a nothing, mid table borefest under this coward, pathetic excuse of a manager. He is happy with not losing at home to mid table bum clubs but I guess you're okay with that.
There hasn’t been a shred of progress made in more than a year instead he has made us take steps backwards. Who knows what people like you see in him.

At least can you tell me what our identity is atm?

Last edited:

LeeDixon85

:lol: The reason we want him gone is because he has done the impossible and made us worse. We put up with Wenger despite him making some utterly remarkable decisions from around 2008 onwards. That's because we still had good times, even if they could have been better.

What reason is Emery giving us to be patient? Outplayed by utterly ****e teams, can't defend, can't attack, etc. I think if the squad was just not very good, people would accept all that. But the squad is good. He is simply undercutting the potential by a massive margin and in no way is that acceptable. To even think he might turn it around in another year is naive in the extreme.

Was it really impossible to make it worse? Do you agree we was in a downwards spiral? Turning things like that around is not easy, it takes time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I do believe the view “I hope we lose the next game and he gets sacked, so we can move on to a better future as soon as possible” is an interesting one...short term loss for long term gain type of thing...hard to know if wanting Arsenal to lose, as a fan of the club, can ever be considered a good thing, regardless of the long term view...I suppose you have to believe the result will be worth the sacrifice.

1534350678658.png

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Was it really impossible to make it worse? Do you agree we was in a downwards spiral? Turning things like that around is not easy, it takes time.
You could argue there was mild improvement in year i. One step further in Europe, 1 place higher in the league. Then he gets another window, squad becomes stronger. After failing dismally in the last weeks of last season, i, and most others, were willing to see what he could do with this squad. All he's done is refuse to play our number 10 costing us points, ruin our record signing's confidence, caused a civil war and gone a month without winning. Champions league football is literally spreading it's legs for us to take it and Emery keeps bottling it. There was reasons to sack him last season, now...

LeeDixon85

You could argue there was mild improvement in year i. One step further in Europe, 1 place higher in the league. Then he gets another window, squad becomes stronger. After failing dismally in the last weeks of last season, i, and most others, were willing to see what he could do with this squad. All he's done is refuse to play our number 10 costing us points, ruin our record signing's confidence, caused a civil war and gone a month without winning. Champions league football is literally spreading it's legs for us to take it and Emery keeps bottling it. There was reasons to sack him last season, now...
If we get another manager in, would you give him time? Or expect immediate results?

LeeDixon85

Time. I'd probably forgive Emery all his failings if i could see what he was trying to do.
So you will give another manager time, but not Emery? In today's world everyone want instant success. I understand the frustration and feel the same, but the situation we are in calls for patience. I don't belive Emery is the problem, but understand I'm in the minority.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I do believe the view “I hope we lose the next game and he gets sacked, so we can move on to a better future as soon as possible” is an interesting one...short term loss for long term gain type of thing...hard to know if wanting Arsenal to lose, as a fan of the club, can ever be considered a good thing, regardless of the long term view...I suppose you have to believe the result will be worth the sacrifice.

This is an interesting take. I feel similarly only on certain circumstances.
On last game you could see once Vardy scored the opener we collapsed and Maddison scored the second soon after. Since that game was lost and we barely looked like a team anymore, I kind of hoped that Leicester would score 2 or 3 more just by wishing that it would make a big enough pressure for him to be sacked on the spot.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
So you will give another manager time, but not Emery? In today's world everyone want instant success. I understand the frustration and feel the same, but the situation we are in calls for patience. I don't belive Emery is the problem, but understand I'm in the minority.
Emery's had time, ffs. He's had 18 months and has not made a single improvement. I've just reeled off 4 or 5 things where he could have been sacked for any of them. You can be patient but you can't be blind with it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is an interesting take. I feel similarly only on certain circumstances.
On last game you could see once Vardy scored the opener we collapsed and Maddison scored the second soon after. Since that game was lost and we barely looked like a team anymore, I kind of hoped that Leicester would score 2 or 3 more just by wishing that it would make a big enough pressure for him to be sacked on the spot.

91431e3fb990ea3fde62917876da25da.jpg

Squillaci

What are you on about? You're saying Emery didn't have time?
Question you need to ask is, would we give a new manager 16 months like giving them to this halfwit.
Answer would be yes. That is more than enough for us to see what kind of manager he is and what will future bring with him behind the wheel.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Any manager who in the bulk of two seasons hasn’t made any improvements at all, will be under pressure.

The team has regressed despite substantial spend. On top of that you have managers like Lampard and Rodgers having an instant impact on their clubs.

Had Emery got CL last year through the league or EL, or put us in a top 4 position currently, or even made us a dangerous team, he would’nt be under pressure atm.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Emery has done absolutely nothing at Arsenal, the fact that the club look like backing him through the bulk of his contract, is very reasonable as it is.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

It's starting again, I imagine the Thursday night PL game against Brighton the following week will be similar...
Yeah, it’s not nice, and I’m sure the regulars would rather the tickets be in demand for obvious reasons, but desperate times and all that.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom