• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

7 out of 10...bollocks!

Want this decision to go to VAR.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
VAR isn't going anywhere. I hope it changes and becomes more streamlined but you inherently have a system in place who's entire purpose is to get correct decisions. Laws may change and how VAR is worked too but I can't see the powers that be removing something aimed to be as fair as possible after the years and years of managers/fans complaining about dodgy decisions costing them.

Regardless of how people think it may be detrimental to the game as it stands I find it impossible that the game doesn't have it in some part indefinitely.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I imagine they did but I feel like they should have kept VAR hidden for a while, used it during games without any impact on the game itself, dont tell anyone that this shiny new tech is around but low key have it there for a few years, tweak it and plan any necessary rule changes for it etc and then go full with it.

Sounds weird but I think they over hyped VAR far too much and instead of being a tool just too help the officials it took on a rep of being this accurate hawk eye system which it is definitely not capable of.

VAR is a huge flop in England especially and just gets ridiculed when it could have had a lot better start to life.

LeeDixon85

VAR is just ridiculous. It is a complete fail in the Premier League. Studying offside lines by inches. So tired of it. It is just so sad. Not how football is supposed to be.

PL has admitted 4 mistakes that VAR has done this season.

Penalty Brighton got against Everton
Penalty James got against Norwich
Winning goal Sokratis scored against Palace
Penalty Watford got for Jorginho foul

They say 91% decisions are correct compared to 82% at the same time last time.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This would be a good idea, attackers such always get the benefit anyways. I don't get why we've seen so many incidents were they're trying to find a offside on an almost microscopic level.

Even so, even before changing the rules the way VAR has been used for offside has been stupid, it's meant to correct clear and obvious errors, not getting a ****ing ruler out and trying to measure if the attackers Willie is a millimetre offside or not.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not sure about the “clear daylight” rule. Would mean nearly every decision edging towards the attacker unless he’s way off.

Prefer them doing something with the positioning of the feet.

say yes

forum master baiter
The biggest problem with VAR is that people are really stupid and don’t understand either the rules of the game or the system.

The amount of idiots who draw lines on a picture of their little tv screens, or can’t understand why a certain body part is offside, does my head in.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Rule of thumb without VAR in Germany was "if in doubt give the advantage to the attacker" which was a good guideline. Now with that calibrated line it's ridiculous how many 50/50 or even non offside situations are stopped. Now it's like if attacker and defender are at the exact same position, but the attacker has bigger feet it's offside. That's just ridiculous.

Reactions: A_G

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m still bitter about pundits now complaining about VAR offsides, when they were all falling over themselves to praise the linesman when it was Lacazette vs Stoke.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's bollocks though because if there's a 'clear daylight' rule it's going to solely come down to opinions yet again. I think it should just be feet only, nothing more nothing less. Yeah it's a bit **** if your toes offside but the whole rule is going to have some rubbish attached to it.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
It's bollocks though because if there's a 'clear daylight' rule it's going to solely come down to opinions yet again. I think it should just be feet only, nothing more nothing less. Yeah it's a bit **** if your toes offside but the whole rule is going to have some rubbish attached to it.
Been saying that for years. Got death threats. Moved houses.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

You really want to make offside about toes or fingers or ****? This VAR induced focus on detail and accuracy when really due to the technical aspects there actually cannot be absolute accuracy right now is just stupid. It's killing the game.

Top that off with now having to wait up to 10 minutes after a goal to see if it will be disallowed again because VAR might find your thumb was offside.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You really want to make offside about toes or fingers or ****? This VAR induced focus on detail and accuracy when really due to the technical aspects there actually cannot be absolute accuracy right now is just stupid. It's killing the game.

Top that off with now having to wait up to 10 minutes after a goal to see if it will be disallowed again because VAR might find your thumb was offside.

I said just feet. At least then there is an actual rule that officials can go off, rather than 'clear daylight', that will just lead to more bias decisions.

Anyway, I've always said VAR should be much much quicker, it's not even hard to make it quicker either. You could easily call an offside goal before they finish celebrating, it's happened so many times this year already.

Top Bottom