• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Remember how wound up the fan base got about this?

NINTCHDBPICT000005393956-e1574860330953.jpg

There's a certain way of conducting yourself while representing the club, or at least there should be/used to be

The last decade or so opposing players are way too friendly, especially before games. Although you can see that edge creeping in between the city and lpool players just lately. We used to have it with united. Loved those times.
Too many players have no it means to pull the shirt on.. They're in it for personal glory.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There's an emotional attachment built up through years of following your team. You don't get that with your example of films.
Really? Don't you? So Trekkies, Star wars nerds, Kubrick cult fans, Tarantino lovers, Spielberg nuts and Hitchcock thriller enthusiasts are all a figment of my imagination.

I could use another example as well. Rock stars, pop stars, any celebrity with a following... People legitimately fall head over heels for Bieber et al and you're telling me football is the only form of entertainment where an emotional connection exists. Sheesh, must be a nice rock that you never come up from under it..

What makes you think your emotional attachment to the club entitles you to a say anyway?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Really? Don't you? So Trekkies, Star wars nerds, Kubrick cult fans, Tarantino lovers, Spielberg nuts and Hitchcock thriller enthusiasts are all a figment of my imagination.

I could use another example as well. Rock stars, pop stars, any celebrity with a following... People legitimately fall head over heels for Bieber et al and you're telling me football is the only form of entertainment where an emotional connection exists. Sheesh, must be a nice rock that you never come up from under it..

What makes you think your emotional attachment to the club entitles you to a say anyway?

Not comparable in any way whatsoever, sorry. A football club is a weekly commitment for many for the best part of a year. A film in a franchise comes around once every couple of years?

Fans are the lifeblood of any club, especially regular match going fans....

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
What is the waiting list on the season tickets again?.. You're a replaceable number buddy...

Don't know the figures for that and wouldn't surprise me if that's taken a hit in recent times. Either way doesn't take away from the point I made.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Don't know the figures for that and wouldn't surprise me if that's taken a hit in recent times. Either way doesn't take away from the point I made.
So because you paid money, every week, to watch a team and you did this out of your own volition under no pressure whatsoever and this resulted in you developing feelings for the club in such a way that you actually believe you have a right to be heard by the owners?
Utterly bizarre. Sorry man. It isn't the 1980s anymore. Match going fans are not the clubs only source of revenue. Football has changed and these clubs are run like business. Your emotions mean very little. Sorry, I hate to invalidate emotions but in this case, they are invalid. Hence why we have forums like this so we can talk about it and pretend we're being afforded the same rights as any stakeholders of a business. We are not..

Believe me, I wish it were different.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
As blunt as this comes across I have come to realise it is true. If you don't like the movie, don't go watch it.. Simples. You don't buy products that don't give you the desired utility and Arsenal should be the same.
Unfortunately this club doesn't belong to us..

The thing is marketing and PR means that you have the make he fans feel like they're a bigger deal than they are but truly all it comes down to is winning. No one cares about KSE when we're in good form.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
So because you paid money, every week, to watch a team and you did this out of your own volition under no pressure whatsoever and this resulted in you developing feelings for the club in such a way that you actually believe you have a right to be heard by the owners?
Utterly bizarre. Sorry man. It isn't the 1980s anymore. Match going fans are not the clubs only source of revenue. Football has changed and these clubs are run like business. Your emotions mean very little. Sorry, I hate to invalidate emotions but in this case, they are invalid. Hence why we have forums like this so we can talk about it and pretend we're being afforded the same rights as any stakeholders of a business. We are not..

Believe me, I wish it were different.

Any smart owner/board would be wise to take on board the thoughts of their fanbase, not necessarily meaning they have to implement or go ahead with whatevers being suggested.

Anyway, this wasn't even about fans feeling entitled to a say just because they pump money into the club but about your claim that it's as easy as deciding not to go to see a film. Not sure how you took it down that path.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
, this wasn't even about fans feeling entitled to a say just because they pump money into the club but about your claim that it's as easy as deciding not to go to see a film. Not sure how you took it down that path.
It's quite simple. You don't own the club, therefore you can't affect the decisions made. If Arsenal keep hiring bums like Emery for the next 20 years and you keep forking over your hard earned cash to watch it. Who's fault is that, yours or Kroenke's? Nobody is forcing you to go watch live games. It is 2019, you can stream most of it for free in your own living room. I haven't spent a cent on Arsenal in over 4 years now. Although I get kit for birthdays etc;)

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Lets not try and recreate the footballing world for this one wantaway, spare wheel ffs. Nobody has ever liked seeing our players hugging opposing players with big grins on their faces after a defeat. None of us. Lets not pretend this is any different. Doesn't matter anyway. Just another slightly annoying incident that you only tend to see at this club, in a long line of piss poor displays by our players over the years.

Deki

Couldnt comment on this utter clown laughing and joking after our home defeat to Frankfurt after being spared his job here by the limp-wristed board and Emery as was banned for a month.

But I'm here now so can say he needs cut out the club. Absolutley inexcusable behaviour again and just highlights his tragic lack of overall IQ. Hopefully Freddie does the right thing.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
"CLEAN SHEAT!"

So now all you haterz stfu

Praise him when deserved and criticizm when deserved but dont drag up the old false narrative!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Decent game from him, although it's hard to find a midfield with him it that functions really well.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
That wasn't a good game at all. I thought his ommision made us less compact but fvck me he's back and Norwich ran circles around our midfield again. No point.

Not to mention the ball he lost (AGAIN) in our half and only thanks to Leno's god-like reflexes we weren't instantly punished with another loss.

Reactions: roz

mpower2540

He was alright. His limitations as a player are obvious in this box to box role tho. If we’re going to be a serious threat in the future then I doubt Xhaka will/should be part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom