• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton | December 5, 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
I don't have much confidence to be honest. He said:

“The main thing I saw in the game is that we let them get into situations where it was just a sprint. It was not about football or technical stuff, they just went in a competitive sprint with our player.

“We want to stop that, so that’s something we will focus on.”

So how do you stop a sprint? You put players in there who can sprint also. Yet the likelihood is we will see Xhaka and Guendouzi again.

Stop it becoming a sprint. One defender attacks the ball and the other drops deeper to sweep up or incase the other defender fails to get the ball away. Midfielders and fullbacks need to position themselves better so we don’t get outnumbered when we lose the ball. Oh and the obvious solution - don’t lose the ball.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
In India, you pay something like 1000 Rupees a year which translates to 11 pound per year for a hotstar subscription. They stream ALL PL MATCHES. I can watch whichever match I care about. In UK, I have to get 3 subscriptions to cover most matches and I still will not be able to watch all the matches. Each of these subscriptions cost from 10 to 30 pounds per month. And then they complain about streaming and piracy.

I used to live & work in India, 2000-2008. I used to get all the PL & CL games back then with a dish service that cost peanuts. Sat kick off at 8pm suited me fine, the CL games not so fine :) I would then come back to UK for a visit and see no games at all.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
One of the reasons it’s £££ to subscribe in the UK to all the televised games and the reason televised 3pm games on Saturday is verboten is the powers that be feel this will have an a negative impact on the crowds and atmosphere in the Premiership which will have a knock on impact on the perceived value of their product.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
One of the reasons it’s £££ to subscribe in the UK to all the televised games and the reason televised 3pm games on Saturday is verboten is the powers that be feel this will have an a negative impact on the crowds and atmosphere in the Premiership which will have a knock on impact on the perceived value of their product.
I was thinking this too. How many other sports and countries operate like this. Not the same in our local Rugby that is for definite.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Thoughts:

(1) ANDRE SANTOS - there is a recent post on the Tierney thread saying something like "worst left back display I've seen in an Arsenal shirt" :rofl:
(2) when was the last goal we scored from outside the box?
(3) peak Giroud
(4) walcotts 17th goal of the season, wtf? whats our spread of goalscorers looking like this season, pretty horrific i'd imagine

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Thats not true.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What is the reason then?
In the 60s long before the premier league was considered and TV was coming into the game a league chairman put forward a new rule to ban 3pm kick offs being broadcast on TV. The thought being if Man Utd vs Liverpool was live on TV people would be less likely to go watch their local clubs thus impacting attendances and profitability of lower leagues clubs. The rule passed and has been in force ever since. A blanket UK ban is in place between 2.45pm and 5.15pm.

The rule was designed to protect lower smaller clubs. Nothing to do with the top flight or value of their product.

Really a quick google search of UK TV 3pm blackout is all that's needed.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
In the 60s long before the premier league was considered and TV was coming into the game a league chairman put forward a new rule to ban 3pm kick offs being broadcast on TV. The thought being if Man Utd vs Liverpool was live on TV people would be less likely to go watch their local clubs thus impacting attendances and profitability of lower leagues clubs. The rule passed and has been in force ever since. A blanket UK ban is in place between 2.45pm and 5.15pm.

The rule was designed to protect lower smaller clubs. Nothing to do with the top flight or value of their product.

Really a quick google search of UK TV 3pm blackout is all that's needed.
Thanks, not from the UK so really isn't as obvious for me as it is for you. Very interesting though.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

*not a clipboard in sight

*Tierney as always in short sleeves and shorts - he must be finding North London positively balmy after Glasgow

*nice to see Per out on a field again, and he looks to be enjoying himself

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

*not a clipboard in sight

*Tierney as always in short sleeves and shorts - he must be finding North London positively balmy after Glasgow

*nice to see Per out on a field again, and he looks to be enjoying himself
I love Freddie showing Martinelli how it's done at 6:47.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Hope you know I want you,
So do you want me?
If I said I love you,
Would you love me?
I could never dub you,
But could you dub me?
I don’t wanna fall in love I don’t think it’s for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom