• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Exactly, but he hasn't done anything wrong yet and he won't have after today.

What? His first game in charge didn't exactly light fires. Got the team selection a mid muddled. Made some silly subs.. Was hardly a masterpiece... Only reason I haven't sunk my teeth in is because he actually warned us that is how he was going to start.. slow and steady. Jury is still well and truly out though. Hoping for the best but I don't think Freddie is ready for such a high profile job yet.

No idea what being a legend has to do with anything. Absolute dream to have a legend as a manager but unless it happens I have no idea why people are putting so much weight on the topic... It gives that person absolutely zero advantage

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Slowly and gradually we are becoming AC Milan 2.0! Lovely stuff if happens. At least, I can easily stop watching Arsenal games for few years

AC Milan have always been in the upper echelons of European Football. Always competing for Serie A, Coppa Italia & the CL. Second after Real in the number of European Cups won. They're a grand club in decline. We're a big club who has remained static for the better part of 2 decades & allowed the rot to set in.

say yes

forum master baiter
pVhuKUU.jpg
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ashybashy86

What the hell has happened here, I mean, we clearly could do worse than a club legend like Vieira, but in that sense you could give it to Ljungberg for at least the rest of the season.

He's only impressed so far, is also a club legend, tries to play the Wenger way - what's not to like?

Vieira isn't exactly the 'proven' option you could throw out, if you felt like that's what needed.

Either go by a proven SUCCESSFUL manager or just leave it to Ljungberg now.
Cannot see much more than Vieira's presence that would speak for him - not really impressed with his work as a manager so far.
1. Playing Xhaka and Guendouzi together when it's clear that it does not work.
2. Very questionable subs.

I will say the attacking play was markedly better.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I tend to dismiss rumours that dont speak to my likes, and this Vieira rumour is another one of those.

I think Raul and co know that they cant afford to stuff up this one. I expect to see a "big name" appointment, with proper backing in the market. Vieira is likely a pointless rumour.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Just like with Nuno, the rumors of going for Paddy are equally disappointing.
He is a club legend, but on his management career he didn't record any significant success (let alone trophies) so far and it would be a very underwhelming appointment.

We should trust Freddie for a period and don't rush to make a quick appointment only to please the fans.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Fun fact:

Arteta gets only 8% of votes on Evertons next manager poll.

Moyes, who's dead on to succeed Silva, sits at 1,7%.

There is still room to sink deeper.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Everyone complaining about Paddy getting the job...you lot deserve Marcelino ;)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The complaining is justified. He isn't a very good manager. He consistently plays people in the wrong position, makes baffling decisions and has no clear philosophy. Everything we do not need at this current time.

All valid points, my counter argument...it’s Patrick mother-****in’ Vieira!

Think we know who has the better points here...

images

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
That's an insane amount of money, but he does improve teams. I mean, he was really unlucky to not win a CL at least once, having met a prime Real Madrid that was like clockwork and won La Liga in spite of the big two.
He's a ballsy coach that's a great fit for the league and we're a spineless bunch in desperate need of guidance, so it couldn't be a better fit as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think it's an insane amount of money when you take into account that Atletico is a much smaller club that Barcelona / real / or any top PL club.

The only way they had to keep him for so long was to overpay him.

Otherwise why would he have stayed so long when you get better jobs offer?

goonergaz

It’s been a recurrent theme where we’ve overlooked the lower divisions for young talent and taken flyers on the likes of Asano.

Buying from those lower leagues means you often have players with high resale value.

He wasn't under 20 either. Also, in 2017 who would you join given the choice!?

Look, I don't disagree, but I do think they also come with a bigger price tag to begin with (normally)...hence scouting all the corners of the globe for any hidden cheaper gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom