• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Freddie has had 7 days in charge. He'll need longer than that to sort out this mess. He didn't buy Mustafi, Sokratis, Luiz, and little Torreira.

He's going to have to drill them within an inch of their lives to get this lot organised. Will he get the chance? Short straw I'd say.

Its insane that some fans actually blame Freddie. It looks like we will let Kroenke get away. Again.

Joestlaachmkr

I used to to laugh at Man Utd and mock the United fans cause they appointed Solskjaer as their manager only due to nostalgia, but then my club goes on and do exactly the same.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People still talking about ex players?

Do people want us to get relegated?

We need to accept where we are and look for a new development project. No top manager wants a 5 year development project. Why? Because basically he will win f all for 5 years. No top manager wants that.

We dont want to keep picking middle of the road managers who come in with no plan just one or two year short term fixes and a never ending revolving door.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Right now we just need a manager for short term fix we can't hire managers who really not uo for job or ex players. Players these days don't care about legends they care about themselves so get manager who will make them work hard and don't make them feel comfortable

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Allegri just said he want to keep taking this year off and back to management in summer. We'll have to rule him out

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
We need to accept where we are and look for a new development project. No top manager wants a 5 year development project. Why? Because basically he will win f all for 5 years. No top manager wants that.

We dont want to keep picking middle of the road managers who come in with no plan just one or two year short term fixes and a never ending revolving door.

Would you let a 1st year medical student perform open heart surgery on you?

Stop the madness.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Right now we just need a manager for short term fix we can't hire managers who really not uo for job or ex players. Players these days don't care about legends they care about themselves so get manager who will make them work hard and don't make them feel comfortable
managers who are up to the job won't come on a short term fix basis, unless we go for someone like Eddie Howe

He would be pretty sure to be welcomed back by Bournemouth if it went tits up here, so could be tempted

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think people forget why those early Wenger teams dominated the way they did. It wasn't just the nice football. They were big, fast and mean. You not only worried about them embarrassing you from a technical standpoint but you also worried about them completely dominating you physically. We don't have a single player outside of Kolasinac who has got any measure of power to their game. Literally no one else. There's not another guy at the club who can put their head down and go through a tackle. The Invincibles typically fielded no fewer than 8 such players on a given day. That simply doesn't work in England. I'm hard pressed to think of a physically weaker team in the PL than us. Everyone thinks they can impose their will on us and they do and now we're not even at the technical level to punish teams with our passing and movement. So we're just weak and average. No wonder the results are what they are.

Up to 2006 we just seemed bigger and better than everyone...then when we moved to the Emirates we lost that bite really, but could still smash teams due to having so many amazing technicians on the pitch.

But now, we look like we have nothing...like a
very old and sick dog, that for the love of God someone needs to shoot.

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Perhaps just as importantly as a new manager I, think we need to be looking around the PL for a couple of players with experience and bottle to come in and be examples for some of these players. I know we all turn up our noses at someone like a Parker or Evans or Milner or even Henderson(who I actually love) but these sorts of players at the very least represent the kind of tenacity and commitment that we should be seeing week in and week out if not the flash or raw talent that may stand out more given a shallow glance. Any manager that comes in has got to have at least a handful of generals he can count on to help him. Wenger was a genius, that can't be disputed but his smartest ever move was getting the likes of Adams, Dixon, Keown and Bould on his side from day one so that it was not just his voice outlining expectations. There's nobody in our side who could credibly provide that to even an elite managerial hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom